+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banned from EMP

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11

Banned from EMP

I was trying to reactivate my old disabled emp account and was sitting in there Help IRC channel waiting. I then purchased an emp account and logged into it downloaded a couple torrents. Then in the help IRC channel an admin said access to ur account u just logged into has been disabled. and then was banned from the help irc channel. Was it a hacked account I had purchased? Did he just do an IP scan and noticed I logged into a new account? what happened
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper. View Post
    I was trying to reactivate my old disabled emp account and was sitting in there Help IRC channel waiting. I then purchased an emp account and logged into it downloaded a couple torrents. Then in the help IRC channel an admin said access to ur account u just logged into has been disabled. and then was banned from the help irc channel.
    Uh, this timeline is a bit blurry.

Most disabled channels aren't known for their speed, surely you knew that before diving in? How much did you wait? What made you think buying a new account instead of recovering yours for free was a good idea?

Did you actually drop your recovery attempt? What about cleaning all local traces of your previous account before using the purchased one?

The admin's answer is normally a self-evident fact you can easily realize on your own, how did that conversation go exactly?

Was it a hacked account I had purchased? Did he just do an IP scan and noticed I logged into a new account?
    Either is possible; your answers to the above will indicate which is more likely. Do note how https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=20228 claims EMP bans for country changes, which may mean the account was doomed anyway. What I can state with certainty is that, like the person at https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=35197 two months ago and many others before him, you wasted your money.

Sellers, and by extension the people who keep them in business, are the top priority for tracker staff to hunt: they make profits from something meant to be given freely (and which the trackers don't see a single cent of), to the extent of duping and hijacking accounts to boost that income. For you, this may have felt like a fairly safe one-time deal done in private, but these guys sell multiple invites to multiple people on a daily basis. It takes a single mistake from any of them, anywhere, for you to potentially be part of the next purge - guess why refunds are a rarity? This makes buying invites or accounts a risky proposition, as the axe could behead you at any time... but as long as people remain ignorant or dismissive of this fact, the cycle will continue.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

buying accounts are highly risky to buy, especially popular trackers, sometime tracker staff even ban you, if they found seller suspicious, i mean if they think inviter is trader.

on accounts they check if country ip, password, email change on same day, some trackers even ban you if you did not change email, password, but they ban on country ip change.

so, accounts are highly risky, even seller/trader scam with buyer/trader. so invites are less risky,but most of time not risky on smaller or medium trackers, but large/rare tracker will ban you.

so, only staff can tell you, what is happend.
    they may ban you for having duplicate account. if you even changed ip, they detect you from mac address,i think
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    if you even changed ip, they detect you from mac address,i think
    Fortunately you think wrong.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks