+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Writing Tool Discussions

Writing Tool Discussions

Hello,

This would be a place to discuss various tools that we use/need in our lives. Could be anything, so as long as it is about tools.

Here we go...

There are several pens on the market that are being sold as disposable. I don't fancy that fact and would like to do something about it. The ones I'm referring feature a reservoir of ink but cannot be opened without a specific tool on which I have no idea what it is nor what is named.

I'm looking for a tool that can unscrew the following ink system by using an indented tooth (the red part).
    pen.jpg

There many videos on YouTube that show how this can be opened with pliers, but it's not worth it as they'll break easily.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 05.07.22 at 08:27.
    i iz a pirate. i haz peg leg. arrr!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (14.07.22)

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss38334
    Pencils only need to be sharpened every now and then. Solid alternative right there

Also, this thread reminds me I need to get a new set of screwdrivers. My current one is nearly destroyed.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Pencils only need to be sharpened every now and then. Solid alternative right there
    Actually, I'm seriously thinking into moving to fountain pens. It's much more comfortable for those that write a lot, and cheaper in the long run. The only problem is that those EF (extra fine) nibs are very expensive, if you buy quality. I prefer a 0.3mm out of all line weights.
    Thanks

Hey anon, can you rename this thread to Writing Tool Discussions?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss38334
    This black pencil is a writing tool, I've had it since 1999 and I'd like to discuss that.

Message ends.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

At the moment i'm using a Pilot Hi-Tecpoint V5 refillable (https://www.pilotpen.eu/en/collectio...-fine-tip.html). It's a roller-ball pen, with a needle tip with a bib 0.5mm. At the beginning it writes as small as 0.3mm, but once the tip is worn-out it starts to increase to 0.5mm and over. Pressing very hard will wear the tip faster and also bend it, and once these are true, the pen will no longer write continuously. That's the queue to replace it.

Refilling these is straightforward: they use a 1ml cartridge which can be bought, but is much cheaper to be refilled. To do this, just use a syringe and refill the cartridge again.

So as long as you do not drop it (the tip will bend), or press hard, it will last you for years.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread