+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eMule 0.50a SBI Leecher v2.4 (Fragen zu Einstellungen)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10

Lightbulb eMule 0.50a SBI Leecher v2.4 (Fragen zu Einstellungen)

Hallo,

Ich hab ein paar Fragen zu den Security Einstellungen.

1) Don´t publish Filelist in KAD/Server und Don´t share Income Folder/Downloads

Was ist da der Unterschied? Bei den einen Wird keine Filelist versand, damit sind dann alle Dateien unsichtbar. Bei dem anderen Sind der Download und IncomeFolder unischtbar und wenn nicht noch weitere Ordner freigegeben sind ist somit auch alle Dateien unsichtbar.

2) No Queue for Partfiles / Complete

Da wird die Warteschlange deaktiviert. Wenn von den beiden Punkten unter 1) einer aktiviert ist ist diese Einstellung Überflüssig ??

3) Kann man in der Suche einen Filter einbauen, damit bestimmte stichwörter nicht mehr in der Such-Ergebnisliste auftauchen?

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Trizep View Post
    1) Don´t publish Filelist in KAD/Server und Don´t share Income Folder/Downloads

Was ist da der Unterschied?
    "Don't send filelist to server" and "don't publish filelist in Kad" conceal your list of shared files from those two, but don't actively block uploading or prevent other peers from finding you via source exchange (unless you also tick "disable [XS] send"), SLS (Save and Load Sources) or incoming and outgoing connections.

"No share the incoming folder" hides the content of said folder from everyone, but still exposes incomplete downloads and any directories you explicitly choose to share in the preferences.

2) No Queue for Partfiles / Complete

Da wird die Warteschlange deaktiviert. Wenn von den beiden Punkten unter 1) einer aktiviert ist ist diese Einstellung Überflüssig ??
    It's not superfluous, since files may still qualify for sharing after enabling the other settings (see above), in which case the "no queue" feature will be active for them.

3) Kann man in der Suche einen Filter einbauen, damit bestimmte stichwörter nicht mehr in der Such-Ergebnisliste auftauchen?
    Such a feature already exists. There's a filter box in the top right corner of the search results list. If you prefix one or more terms you don't want to see with "-" they'll be filtered out. -2022 hides anything with "2022" in its name, -.wmv removes all Windows Media Video files, etc.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Trizep (10.06.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    "No share the incoming folder" hides the content of said folder from everyone, but still exposes incomplete downloads and any directories you explicitly choose to share in the preferences.
    And "don´t share your Downloads" is the same for the part files, right?

...prevent other peers from finding you via source exchange (unless you also tick "disable [XS] send"), SLS (Save and Load Sources) or incoming and outgoing connections.
    They will find me (as Client) or did you mean they will find my Downloads (Me as Source) ? (If the filelists and all folders blocked)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    And "don´t share your Downloads" is the same for the part files, right?
    Exactly. Since not sharing anything results in speed drops (you never get any credits and mods with anti-leech detection may ban you), incomplete downloads are controlled separately to let you make a compromise between both extremes if you want. This is a common feature of leecher mods; it was basically the defining one of Dazzle's.

They will find me (as Client) or did you mean they will find my Downloads (Me as Source) ?
    Both. The only way to avoid the latter is to turn on all options that block sharing.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Trizep (10.06.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    And in my Source List are all my Downloads.

There is no function to clean up the Source-List befor sending/exchange ?

The only way to avoid the latter is to turn on all options that block sharing.
    That means Block Filelist Server+KAD, don´t share Incoming and Downloads, No Upload and disable [XS] ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    There is no function to clean up the Source-List befor sending/exchange ?
    Since sources are inherently associated with one or more files, no such cleanup is possible.

That means Block Filelist Server+KAD, don´t share Incoming and Downloads, No Upload and disable [XS] ?
    Correct. This will completely hide everything, but also give the slowest possible speeds (as mentioned above).
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Trizep (14.06.22)

+ Reply to Thread