+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [HELP] How to transfer my Brave data to a new PC?

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581

[HELP] How to transfer my Brave data to a new PC?

I try to import all my brave data (more precisely bookmarks & extensions, and data relative tho them) to a new PC.

No syncing methods is usable because I don't have to transfer these data from an old PC to a new one, but from a HDD to a new PC (the old PC the HDD comes from is dead).

I though it could suffices, a little as with FF, to copy the %AppData%\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Nightly\User Data directory (or maybe %AppData%\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Nightly\User Data\Default) from the HDD to the new PC, but this doesn't completely works: in doing so, I get my bookmarks, but not my extensions...

Does someone know how how to proceed?
    Last edited by Renk; 28.05.22 at 15:36.
    Primo Avulso Non Deficit Alter
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Rutorrent
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss41
    If you navigate to C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data, you should see a folder called Default . This folder will contain your bookmarks, extensions, etc?

This is for you main Brave profile. If you have multiple profiles you?ll see other ones called Profile X, x being some number depending on how many profiles you made/deleted.

You can then copy these folders and move them to your other computer. Replace Default with Default. If you?re transferring over folders called Profile X, you first will need to create a new profile on your laptop, then empty that profile?s folder and replace the contents with the contents from the Profile X you want to copy. Just adding the profile folder will not show up in the list of profiles.

UPDATE - This method of transferring profiles is no longer supported. Transferring profiles via this method can lead to file corruption. If you want to share bookmarks, passwords, etc between profiles or other Brave installations. Please use Brave Sync (brave://settings/braveSync).
    Last edited by NZBSearchMachine.com; 28.05.22 at 18:21.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Chromium has partially encrypted the profile directory (including saved passwords, cookies and extension data) for a while now. In a scenario like yours, it is theoretically possible to retrieve the key, but that's not something I have experience with, and I'd recommend simply reinstalling your extensions by hand.

If you want to make this a learning experience, though, you can start at https://passcape.com/index.php?secti...=details&id=28 and http://labalec.fr/erwan/. Virtualizing the OS install in the disk and then exporting or syncing whatever you need is another possibility.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread