Thread: Verify my client version 4.4.2 for RatioMaster+ 2.1

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss50

Question Verify my client version 4.4.2 for RatioMaster+ 2.1

Can someone (Anon?) please verify that the qBittorent’s client version 4.4.2 for RatioMaster+ 2.1 that I tried to build is valid?

Actually, I just used « qBittorrent 4.4.0.rmc » as template and changed version’s numbers where they appears to:

1/ General/name qBittorrent 4.4.2
    2/ RegEx 4420
    3/ User-Agent qBittorrent/4.4.2

https://ufile.io/4sj4z8ch
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

aarondiablojones (02.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Firstly, your other messages weren't visible because they were posted on the wrong sections and therefore pending approval (registration status does not affect this). All solved now. Generally speaking, if a subforum doesn't already have threads like the one you want to create, there's a good reason

Secondly, your client file is valid, and the changes listed are usually all that's required for an update. However, you should always assume nothing and check everything. qBittorrent in particular is a big offender here, as the global vs. individual status of peer_ids and keys, impact of encryption settings and anonymous mode and even reserved bytes have been altered many times over the years. If you want an example... this very version has changed the anonymous User-Agent string for non-private torrents to a curl one, whereas no string at all was sent before.

Also, 4.4.2? No one requested that or 4.4.1. If others are also updating client files for personal use, please take a few minutes to share them with the community, like myself and many others have done for over a decade (if you count the original RatioMaster) despite having no obligation. Also, did anyone find the surprise in LocalTracker's .torrent files?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

czullo (01.05.22) , dorarr (01.05.22) , Annabella (13.04.22) , Lucius (03.04.22) , aarondiablojones (02.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    By the way, it took an hour of my time to validate your client file... it's sad to see I don't qualify for at least a second of yours (which is how much it'd take to click on the Thanks button).
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

czullo (01.05.22) , Annabella (13.04.22) , aarondiablojones (02.04.22)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    By the way, it took an hour of my time to validate your client file... it's sad to see I don't qualify for at least a second of yours (which is how much it'd take to click on the Thanks button).
    Can someone please post an "A to Z" or making client files. I am trying to make one for myself but I could really use some help.

Plus on a more general note, I know doing what you do takes time from your limited quota and it is mostly a thank-less world out there. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy the work you guys do very much!

Appreciate the changes you bring and thank you very much for making our lives easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Can someone (Anon?) please verify that the qBittorent?s client version 4.4.2 for RatioMaster+ 2.1 that I tried to build is valid?

Actually, I just used « qBittorrent 4.4.0.rmc » as template and changed version?s numbers where they appears to:

1/ General/name ? qBittorrent 4.4.2
    2/ RegEx ? 4420
    3/ User-Agent ? qBittorrent/4.4.2

https://ufile.io/4sj4z8ch
    Thank you for sharing this. I was trying to make one for myself. I am glad that I don't have to do the work!
    Last edited by aarondiablojones; 04.04.22 at 19:08. Reason: Please use the Edit button when available
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondiablojones View Post
    Can someone please post an "A to Z" or making client files. I am trying to make one for myself but I could really use some help.

Plus on a more general note, I know doing what you do takes time from your limited quota and it is mostly a thank-less world out there. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy the work you guys do very much!
    You're welcome. Sadly there is no such tutorial, and providing a good one would be difficult due to the amount of previous knowledge required, but may I suggest reading these in order.

And if something seems unsolvable, ask in the corresponding threads... that's what they're there for
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

aarondiablojones (04.04.22) , Lucius (03.04.22)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    You're welcome. Sadly there is no such tutorial, and providing a good one would be difficult due to the amount of previous knowledge required, but may I suggest reading these in order.

And if something seems unsolvable, ask in the corresponding threads... that's what they're there for
    Thank you for the reading material. I wanted a client file for qbittorrent the latest version which I already got from above. So, I have some time to study all the material and will make a new client file when needed the next time.

If I manage to make one for myself, I will make sure to post that here as well.

Regards

By the way, I have an off topic question for you. I am not getting any notification here on sb-innovation.de. How do I fix this ? I used to get them before if I am not mistaken then.

Like, this post you are reading, if you reply to this one, shouldn't I get notified ?
    Last edited by anon; 08.04.22 at 00:35. Reason: Please use the Edit button when available
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    If I manage to make one for myself, I will make sure to post that here as well.
    Note you need at least 30 posts to start threads in the client files section. (I hope that restriction isn't what's keeping everyone else from sharing theirs, but unfortunately it's there for a reason.)

this post you are reading, if you reply to this one, shouldn't I get notified ?
    Not unless you subscribe to the thread, which does not automatically occur by default, but is configurable.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Note you need at least 30 posts to start threads in the client files section. (I hope that restriction isn't what's keeping everyone else from sharing theirs, but unfortunately it's there for a reason.)

Not unless you subscribe to the thread, which does not automatically occur by default, but is configurable.
    Well, If I am here regularly, I think I will get over the 30 posts limit.

Also, I am looking to subscribe to this post, but I don't see any 'Subscribe' button in the header section or the footer section, what am I missing ?

Also, I think I posted a bug in RM bugs section but there has been no replies to that post, have I posted in the wrong section?
    Last edited by aarondiablojones; 10.04.22 at 21:27.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Also, I am looking to subscribe to this post, but I don't see any 'Subscribe' button in the header section or the footer section, what am I missing ?
    Look closely for the Thread Tools menu above the first post of any page, then Subscribe to this Thread.

Also, I think I posted a bug in RM bugs section but there has been no replies to that post, have I posted in the wrong section?
    No, it's in the right place and visible to everyone, it just hasn't been addressed yet. Both Lucius and myself are busy with real-world stuff right now, but the new version will get here eventually. (You can subscribe to bug reports and get notified of replies in the same way as with threads)
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

aarondiablojones (12.04.22)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    @anon

Thank you. That helped. Silly of me to not find it in the first place. Appreciate the help.

And about the bug, I was not complaining. I was not sure if it was the right place to post it. No worries, I thought it was important to post it since I know that the new release is just round the corner.

Take care and stay safe.
    Last edited by aarondiablojones; 12.04.22 at 23:17.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss50

Of course, thank you for your answer and your time!

I just have a lot of worries in real life right now that's why I only log in once every 15 days.

But of course I didn't register on this forum to let die threads I start!

It is precisely because of this limit that I posted in the wrong section at the base but @Anon moved it to the right places.
    Last edited by anon; 14.04.22 at 08:30. Reason: Please use the Edit button when available
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    It is precisely because of this limit that I posted in the wrong section at the base
    I see. I just reduced the threshold to 10 posts and gave you access as a goodwill gesture. Don't let me down, guys
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

aarondiablojones (17.04.22) , Annabella (14.04.22)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    I see. I just reduced the threshold to 10 posts and gave you access as a goodwill gesture. Don't let me down, guys
    Wow, great. That is so cool of you. I hope everyone behaves though and you are not forced to revoke this privilege!

Have a good day.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread