+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joining Karagarga

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Hopefully you just need to bide your time until it happens
    I don't have high hopes for that but let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    What's the context for this, and how do you exactly define "active"? High-level invites are offered often and out of the blue to active members elsewhere, but this entails regular participation on forums and IRC, uploading lots of torrents (possibly your own encodes/rips/scans/whatever), and generally looking dedicated enough to become an asset to wherever you'll be invited. These trackers don't want people who will only "download and seed"... not anymore.
    What I wanted to ask is whether SC has an invite forum where KG is actively recruiting or it's a matter of getting noticed for being an active member with high enough rank. I guess it's the latter. Their forums are not that active anyway so uploading content regularly seems to be the only way. But honestly I think I got way too obsessed with getting into these elite trackers and started spending too much time on it. As of now the trackers that I'm part of are serving me well. If I want something then I can easily put up a request on SC and someone who's on KG/CG/PTP/TIK can get it filled as it happens fairly regularly. Need to spend less time and energy on getting into top trackers and simply enjoy the stuff that is already accessible.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptseeker View Post
    What I wanted to ask is whether SC has an invite forum where KG is actively recruiting
    KG is not currently recruiting anywhere. If that ever changes, we'll find out very quickly (as was the case with PTP).

But honestly I think I got way too obsessed with getting into these elite trackers and started spending too much time on it. As of now the trackers that I'm part of are serving me well. If I want something then I can easily put up a request on SC and someone who's on KG/CG/PTP/TIK can get it filled as it happens fairly regularly. Need to spend less time and energy on getting into top trackers and simply enjoy the stuff that is already accessible.
    Well... some months ago I rewatched the Tsukihime anime and absolutely had to screencap this part, because of how relatable it was.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

coolio256 (06.02.23) , Ptseeker (03.02.23) , DataOverfl0w (03.02.23)

That screencap is quite on point. There's a thrill in chasing these top trackers but it does get exhausting and ultimately a time wasting adventure.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

coolio256 (06.02.23)

There's a guy who regularly offers invites to KG on PTP forum. Have a nice profile before applying as he gets bombarded with requests and picks the ones he deems most worthy.
    Thanks

I'm the OP (lost access to that other account), and want to say that I managed to get in a while ago. As the user above said, there's a guy (supposedly a mod in disguise) regularly giving out invites on PTP, but I would also tell you to pay attention to when KG gives its users invites: it usually happens once a year, and when it does, user invites start popping out on all sort of trackers, but specially movie trackers.

And, what's probably most important of all, please do have an genuine interest in cinema, and a way of showing that e.g. a Letterboxd profile with tons of obsucre films logged. Your prospective inviter will probably favour you more if he can see you're a film buff.
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by vsc View Post
    a way of showing that e.g. a Letterboxd profile with tons of obsucre films logged.
    And away goes privacy.

I used criticker a lot after leaving the closed torrent world, even added movies there. After rating around 1k movies in around a year, I just left it. I miss the recommendation, but for me the ideal would be for them to just sell some sort of offline use. I just moved to a xls table.

These types of sites (criticker, letterboxd, trackt, etc) are nice to use, but, for who doesn't want to leave a (quite accessible and passive of selling) record of their tastes and habits online, requiring a social media account check to join a site (a private tracker in this case) that can become a legal liability in the future is a no-go.

I keep over the fence with KG (not joining it besides having been invited many times in different places) due to this "we want to know about your life" attitude.

Not everyone is willing to expose their lives online (as boring and simple they can be) and requiring so to just download movies feels quite intrusive and disrespectful. I know it is not the intention and that there are reeeeeally worse places out there than KG on this matter, but not knowing much about who is downloading should be in the interest of any server.

Well... trackers track.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hazz030 View Post
    can a friendly person who is active on this tracker answer me some questions via private message? i really dont want to discuss this in public.
    I can discuss this with you. But you need to PM. Your settings are not allowing me to pm you
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    You can't send PMs because you have less than 10 posts, and hazz030 can't receive them because he's inactive, so I guess this is a lose-lose situation...
    Thanks

I see. Thanks for the info. I will take a closer look at the site?s WiKi
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    You mean the FAQ and rules. We removed the wiki on 2009