+ Fix Tracker Update Interval Divider

+ Use Swarm Peers fixed

+ Updated core to BiglyBT 2.8.0.0

BiglyBT Change Log:
      BiglyBT Change Log
      Vuze Change Log
      Installation:

Windows

1. Download the latest OpenJDK Java. It must be Java version 15 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download). Do not open BiglyBT after installation.
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT! You must export your torrents. Copying or exporting / importing old configurations will not work.
      4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
      5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      7. Rename the extracted "jdk-XX" folder to "jre".
      8. Run Notepad and open %APPDATA%\BiglyBT\java.vmoptions (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT\java. vmoptions), append the following lines:
      Code:
      --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED
      --add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED
      -Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true
      9. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

macOS
      1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 15 or higher. (JDK GA Release). Note the path to the OpenJDK archive downloaded. You will need it for step 5.
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
      4. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to /Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt and overwrite ALL files.

NOTE: To see the folder in Finder, you may need to perform the following steps:
      4a. Open Terminal
      4b. Run the following command:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
      4c. Hold the "Option/Alt" key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch
      4d. Once you have copied the files, you can revert to hiding folders with:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
      5. Open up a Terminal and run the following commands. NOTE: You need to replace "PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" in the first command to the path to the OpenJDK archive from step 1.
      Code:
      OPENJDK_ARCHIVE="PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE"
      sudo rm -r "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      sudo tar -xzf "$OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" -C "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/"
      sudo mv "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jdk-"* "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      echo -e "\n--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "-Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      6. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Linux
      NOTE: Based on Ubuntu 20.04
      1. Install the latest OpenJDK and libjna package from your distro's package repository. On Ubuntu 20.04 this is openjdk-15-jre and libjna-java.
      NOTE: Some distros do not have an OpenJDK of version 9 or greater available. In which case, you will need to download and extract the tar.gz package supplied by OpenJDK (JDK GA Release).
      Code:
      sudo apt install openjdk-15-jre libjna-java
      2. Download the latest non-beta BiglyBT release and make it executable (BiglyBT - Download).
      Code:
      wget https://files.biglybt.com/installer/BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      chmod +x BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
      4. Run the installer, specifying app_java_home variable to your JRE folder. On Ubuntu, this is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-15-openjdk-amd64/
      Code:
      app_java_home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-15-openjdk-amd64/" ./BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      5. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to "~/biglybt" (/home/<username>/biglybt)
      Code:
      unzip -o BiglyBT_*.zip -d ~/biglybt
      6. Append the following VM options:
      Code:
      echo "--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "--add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      echo "-Dorg.glassfish.jaxb.runtime.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true" >> ~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions
      7. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
      Before posting problems please make sure:
      1. You have updated Java in the "jre" folder to the latest version (must be Java 15 or higher) (JDK GA Release]).
      2. You have uninstalled BiglyBT using the uninstaller.
      3. You have removed the BiglyBT Application folder:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\BiglyBT (Windows x64)
      C:\Program Files (x86)\BiglyBT (Windows x86)
      /Applications/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/biglybt / /home/<username>/biglybt (Linux)
      4. You have removed the BiglyBT Settings folder:
      NOTE: THIS WILL RESET ALL BIGLYBT SETTINGS AND TORRENT LISTS
      Code:
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BiglyBT (Windows XP - Application Data may be Hidden)
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT (Windows Vista - AppData may be Hidden)
      /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/.biglybt / /home/<username>/.biglybt (Linux)
      5. Reinstalled BiglyBT using the package from BiglyBT - Download.
      6. Re-applied the hack by following the installation instructions above.

Portable Mode:
      Portable mode is now built into BiglyBT / Vuze. See wiki article: Portable Vuze.

Enjoy!

Download Now

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

-->
      • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

Paranormal (05.11.21) , Quartermaster (30.10.21) , luci9870 (13.10.21) , eMuLeecheR (11.10.21) , BrianBosworth (11.09.21) , Aranha (08.09.21) , Sazzy (30.08.21) , crystal (24.08.21) , tonyqc (23.08.21) , uadafac (19.08.21) , dukkey (08.08.21) , araisan113 (03.08.21) , Lucius (23.07.21) , mmmmm (22.07.21) , illusive (19.07.21) , DorAEm0nKiNG (19.07.21) , Snitlev (17.07.21) , sigduwksnsksis9283 (16.07.21) , tnovak (15.07.21) , anon (14.07.21) , DocHydra (14.07.21) , qUeLo (12.07.21) , eragooo (12.07.21) , Lucas Kane (11.07.21)

Windows version does not work, after downloading openjdk-16.0.2_windows-x64_bin.zip extracting it and changing name od the folder i get an error when launching BiglyBT:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-07-26 15_59_18-Error.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	21087
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

joe1982 (28.10.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Has been reported before. If you do a search you'll find how to solve it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Unregistered

Thumbs down completed downloads

Old vuze worked better. After downloading vuze remove files from seeding but this one start seeding and does not do remove files from the list. I should find a way to switch back... I have to do that as I had few warning letters from DMCA

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    After downloading vuze remove files from seeding but this one start seeding and does not do remove files from the list.
    This bug has been reported several times, but I was not able to trigger it despite extensive testing.

Anyway, you don't have to downgrade all the way back to Vuze, the consensus is that BiglyBT Extreme Mod 1.9.0.0 is the last version that does not exhibit any problematic behavior for anyone. Also note that this particular feature doesn't make you immune to copyright notices, you can still get "caught" while you're in the process of downloading.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT extreme
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    This mod isn<T for everyone. I mean, so many options to make it work perfecly inside azureus. Me and you have learned and embarassed this mod since Shu times. So with the knewledge of this mod we have I understand why noobs complaning. Btw I want to learn how to install it on mac, im a PC guy and don<t have any knewledge about mac.

I should make a video of how this mod work and what options should be used and why. But in the past, when I have done such a thing, like tuto to have free high speed internet, phone, satellite tv, and so on, I have learned its a waste of time. Some think they have more knewledge because they saw a youtube video of 15 min when you spend years of research

---------- Post Merged on 01.08.21 at 00:16 ---------- Previous Post was on 31.07.21 at 23:54 ----------

Btw anon I have told you in the past how to fix this issue Attachment 21090
    Last edited by tonyqc; 01.08.21 at 07:05.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyqc View Post
    Btw I want to learn how to install it on mac, im a PC guy and don<t have any knewledge about mac.
    Well, instructions are given in the first post

I should make a video of how this mod work and what options should be used and why. But in the past, when I have done such a thing, like tuto to have free high speed internet, phone, satellite tv, and so on, I have learned its a waste of time. Some think they have more knewledge because they saw a youtube video of 15 min when you spend years of research
    There's the Extreme Mod tutorial at https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=13781. It's slightly outdated, but still highly educational and relevant. Anyway, I'm of the opinion that cheating and mods aren't easy, and it's not possible to make a one-stop guide that will tell people everything there is to know. Either accept that and spend time learning, or rent a seedbox (they're cheaper than ever) and you won't have to worry about ratio or getting banned.

Btw anon I have told you in the past how to fix this issue Attachment 21090
    I should have bookmarked that post But for me, the setting works without that workaround... ugh.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze 4.3.0.5_B01 SB-Innovation Hack
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    i've been trying to move on from serenity and i have been using this mod for the past few days. i noticed that biglybt runs sluggish overall. sometimes when i am adding a bunch of torrents, it hangs and i have to close the process in task manager. performance is like night and day from serenity. i have 12 GB ram and a dual core cpu on my torrent box. is there any tips on how to make the ui more snappy and stable?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    The usual recommendations work well.

https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Reduce_memory_usage
    https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Reduce_CPU_usage

Note one caveat: any Java-related advice in those articles besides "make sure you're using the latest JRE" is extremely outdated and should be disregarded. Xms, Xmx, MaxDirectMemorySize and UseLargePages are the few parameters most likely to make a difference nowadays.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    i was able to get better performance by disabling the plugin, Advanced statistics. i used that plugin to keep track of how many GB i download a day. all i need for that plugin is the transfers tab. i don't need to know the other stuff, which has a bunch of real-time graphs. if someone can modify that plugin by just having the transfers tab, i could use that. i guess i will just have to use the built in Statistics plugin.

does the Statistics plugin keep track of daily downloaded GB? all i see is Total downloaded.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Day View Post
    does the Statistics plugin keep track of daily downloaded GB? all i see is Total downloaded.
    I don't know, I disabled all of them. That and the other tips are how I can run BBTEM in a non-dedicated computer with lower specs than yours without any performance woes.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    i was thinking of disabling some plugins as well. do you use Tor or I2P plugins? are they even needed if i'm using a VPN?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    When I said I disabled all plugins, I meant that No Tor, distributed DB, DHT, friends, magnet links, UPnP or anything else. None of them are needed for private trackers anyway.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (08.12.21)

Unregistered

2.9.0.0 is on the way

BIGLYBT CHANGELOG
    -----------------

2021.10.yy | BiglyBT 2.9.0.0

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    As you said, on the way... therefore not currently released, so there's not much we can do.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast