+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I was recently banned on OPS, should I worry about other trackers?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13

I was recently banned on OPS, should I worry about other trackers?

A couple of days ago I got banned from OPS, according to them, I was caught trying to trade invitations.

Should I worry about other trackers? Is there a communication network about these bad users? What can I do to be safe?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Well there is definitely connection between trackers for exchanging info about cheaters/traders..etc. But is OPS part of such network ? If yes, then what trackers are connected to it ? I don't know the answer since OPS is relatively new but given it's born from WCD ashes, I would guess it would be connected to the cabal (ptp, red, btn, ggn, hdbits, its, ptn...etc).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    Well there is definitely connection between trackers for exchanging info about cheaters/traders..etc. But is OPS part of such network ? If yes, then what trackers are connected to it ? I don't know the answer since OPS is relatively new but given it's born from WCD ashes, I would guess it would be connected to the cabal (ptp, red, btn, ggn, hdbits, its, ptn...etc).
    Oh man...I'm kinda worry... once I was banned from HDT, but nothing happened with other trackers. Well, for now, I'm not on these top tier tracker
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Nothing to worry about then. Also seems HD-T does not care about accounts anywhere other than the ones there. It even deletes the disabled accounts for inactivity.
    Thanks

i heard from someone that large trackers not only banned you from same tracker where you cheated/traded/sell/buy,but they also try their best to ban you from all trackers.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by ontitan View Post
    A couple of days ago I got banned from OPS, according to them, I was caught trying to trade invitations.
    Well, were you trying to trade or not

Anyway, see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=357833. Looking back, I think it would be appropriate to add a category "2.5" for trackers that are in good terms with the cabal but less likely to share details about bans. I'd move OPS there, and include KG and maybe TL as a few other examples. As for HD-T, there haven't been any reports of them sharing information, and they're somewhat disreputed in the community due to their policy of requiring a donation to re-enable inactive accounts, so I'd put it in category 3.

If you want to avoid global bans, you can keep your identity and details on every account completely different and isolated as per https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19023, but that precludes using more than one tracker at the same time (from the same IPs) or applying on recruitment threads. I would add "or you could simply not break any tracker rules", but I've seen my fair share of innocent people getting banned for mere nickname matches.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (19.06.21) , illusive (13.06.21) , moonlite (12.06.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I would add "or you could simply not break any tracker rules", but I've seen my fair share of innocent people getting banned for mere nickname matches.

Be polite and HONEST. We know the truth, lying won't help you.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (13.06.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Well, were you trying to trade or not

Anyway, see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=357833. Looking back, I think it would be appropriate to add a category "2.5" for trackers that are in good terms with the cabal but less likely to share details about bans. I'd move OPS there, and include KG and maybe TL as a few other examples. As for HD-T, there haven't been any reports of them sharing information, and they're somewhat disreputed in the community due to their policy of requiring a donation to re-enable inactive accounts, so I'd put it in category 3.

If you want to avoid global bans, you can keep your identity and details on every account completely different and isolated as per https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19023, but that precludes using more than one tracker at the same time (from the same IPs) or applying on recruitment threads. I would add "or you could simply not break any tracker rules", but I've seen my fair share of innocent people getting banned for mere nickname matches.
    Indeed I was trying to trade, I never cheated on it...:/

I'll check these links, with luck, my username on OPS, I use only in a few and smaller trackers, but they could track me by email, so I've changed

---------- Post Merged at 20:57 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:55 ----------

Be polite and HONEST. We know the truth, lying won't help you.
    Man, that sucks
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    It's been a month, have you been banned on other trackers due to association with OPS?
    No information on OPS in this long-unupdated thread: https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthr...-to-each-other
    Last edited by JohnareyouOK; 03.07.21 at 14:00.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    It's been a month, have you been banned on other trackers due to association with OPS?
    No information on OPS in this long-unupdated thread: https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthr...-to-each-other
    No, I'm not banned..But I'm not on many gazelle trackers, but in the future, I would like to join in RED and GGN
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (04.07.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Indeed I was trying to trade, I never cheated on it...:/
    I don't recommend trading, and never did it myself. "Elite" trackers (and I've been on most at some point) have alternatives that are easier to join, or in some cases don't even require registration, like RuTracker or Nyaa. Having a row of tracker favicons in your bookmarks bar becomes less exciting after a few days, and capeshit is still capeshit whether you grab it from HDBits or IPT.

Anyway, https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=351255 explains the most likely ways they caught you, and the rest of the thread is very educational too.

they could track me by email, so I've changed
    E-mail changes are logged.

Man, that sucks
    Told you. It gets worse when people deliberately use others' nicknames to get them banned on purpose. Obviously, well-known figures are exempt because "he obviously wouldn't so dumb to use the same name on a cheating forum", so Betrayed didn't ban himself after reading https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=32924, which would have been unfortunate

No, I'm not banned..But I'm not on many gazelle trackers, but in the future, I would like to join in RED and GGN
    Well, if you follow my guide from before, you can prevent this particular ban from affecting you in the future.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    I don't recommend trading, and never did it myself. "Elite" trackers (and I've been on most at some point) have alternatives that are easier to join, or in some cases don't even require registration, like RuTracker or Nyaa. Having a row of tracker favicons in your bookmarks bar becomes less exciting after a few days, and capeshit is still capeshit whether you grab it from HDBits or IPT.
    I believe they saw a message I posted in a forum a long time ago...I don't even remember that I used the same nick

E-mail changes are logged.
    Oh god :/

Well, if you follow my guide from before, you can prevent this particular ban from affecting you in the future.
    The only thing I believe will be a problem, it change the IP, I'd need to contact my internet provider, and I don't know if they do it easily
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Welcome to the torrent world, where protecting against "bad users" can take precedence over having a tracker worth joining in the first place.

The only thing I believe will be a problem, it change the IP, I'd need to contact my internet provider, and I don't know if they do it easily
    Well, unfortunately you don't have a lot of choices here. Even trackers that allow VPNs usually demand a first login from your real address.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    I believe they saw a message I posted in a forum a long time ago...I don't even remember that I used the same nick

Hey man, I think I managed to change my IP, I turned off my ADSL modem for a few minutes and when I checked my IP it was different. It wasn't a radical change, just the latest numbers have changed, I think...

Is that enough?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I turned off my ADSL modem for a few minutes and when I checked my IP it was different.
    Well, that was easier than expected!

Is that enough?
    Only one way to know
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread