Thread: I was recently banned on OPS, should I worry about other trackers?

I was recently banned on OPS, should I worry about other trackers?

A couple of days ago I got banned from OPS, according to them, I was caught trying to trade invitations.

Should I worry about other trackers? Is there a communication network about these bad users? What can I do to be safe?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    Well there is definitely connection between trackers for exchanging info about cheaters/traders..etc. But is OPS part of such network ? If yes, then what trackers are connected to it ? I don't know the answer since OPS is relatively new but given it's born from WCD ashes, I would guess it would be connected to the cabal (ptp, red, btn, ggn, hdbits, its, ptn...etc).
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    Well there is definitely connection between trackers for exchanging info about cheaters/traders..etc. But is OPS part of such network ? If yes, then what trackers are connected to it ? I don't know the answer since OPS is relatively new but given it's born from WCD ashes, I would guess it would be connected to the cabal (ptp, red, btn, ggn, hdbits, its, ptn...etc).
    Oh man...I'm kinda worry... once I was banned from HDT, but nothing happened with other trackers. Well, for now, I'm not on these top tier tracker
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    Nothing to worry about then. Also seems HD-T does not care about accounts anywhere other than the ones there. It even deletes the disabled accounts for inactivity.
    Thanks

i heard from someone that large trackers not only banned you from same tracker where you cheated/traded/sell/buy,but they also try their best to ban you from all trackers.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss37368
    Quote Originally Posted by ontitan View Post
    A couple of days ago I got banned from OPS, according to them, I was caught trying to trade invitations.
    Well, were you trying to trade or not

Anyway, see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=357833. Looking back, I think it would be appropriate to add a category "2.5" for trackers that are in good terms with the cabal but less likely to share details about bans. I'd move OPS there, and include KG and maybe TL as a few other examples. As for HD-T, there haven't been any reports of them sharing information, and they're somewhat disreputed in the community due to their policy of requiring a donation to re-enable inactive accounts, so I'd put it in category 3.

If you want to avoid global bans, you can keep your identity and details on every account completely different and isolated as per https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19023, but that precludes using more than one tracker at the same time (from the same IPs) or applying on recruitment threads. I would add "or you could simply not break any tracker rules", but I've seen my fair share of innocent people getting banned for mere nickname matches.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (19.06.21) , illusive (12.06.21) , moonlite (12.06.21)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss37368
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I would add "or you could simply not break any tracker rules", but I've seen my fair share of innocent people getting banned for mere nickname matches.

Be polite and HONEST. We know the truth, lying won't help you.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (12.06.21)