+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Backup Cookies ?

How to Backup Cookies ?

as Chinese trackers most of time disable the login page, if you have already backed up the cookies, you will be able to login, otherwise not.

in one Chinese tracker,when they disabled the login page, my login was working, but when cookies expired, i am unable to visit the tracker. i had already backed up chrome profiles, bookmarks with different tools, but as cookie expired, nothing working, i had not backed up cookies, i have heard, 1st we need to change the expiry date before expiration and needs to backup. but instead i not made backup of cookies, but i made backup of chrome profile with cookies.

so, i want to ask, what is the best way to make cookies backup on those trackers which still not disabled the login page, but may disable it.
    2nd, is there any trick, if i use to login the tracker where cookies expired...

can any one share good tutorial with video or screenshot ?
    Last edited by JohnWick; 16.02.21 at 09:20.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    I just checked some of their news saying "Chrome EditThisCookie??" may be some kind of plugin.

As far as I know, most trackers run 'Telegram Bot' sth to give users temporary login link.

But I've never used both of them.. I just browse trackers mostly on my android browser and this is fine.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (16.02.21)

as per my knowledge they only share torrents link (torrent updates)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Cookies expire either on a preset date, or upon closing the browser if no date is set. The only way for a site to "delete" a cookie is to set said date in the past, effectively (and immediately) killing it. If you have an old browser profile backup, you can temporarily turn back your system clock, and be able to retrieve their names and values.

Anyway, there are lots of cookie editing addons for all major browsers. The developer console will always offer at least basic capabilities. If you know how to use JavaScript, you can do it yourself through the document.cookie object (but will not be able to interact with HttpOnly cookies).

Even though Netscape Navigator is long gone, its cookies.txt format remains relevant, so I recommend becoming familiar with it too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (17.02.21)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Cookies expire either on a preset date, or upon closing the browser if no date is set. The only way for a site to "delete" a cookie is to set said date in the past, effectively (and immediately) killing it. If you have an old browser profile backup, you can temporarily turn back your system clock, and be able to retrieve their names and values.

Anyway, there are lots of cookie editing addons for all major browsers. The developer console will always offer at least basic capabilities. If you know how to use JavaScript, you can do it yourself through the document.cookie object (but will not be able to interact with HttpOnly cookies).

Even though Netscape Navigator is long gone, its cookies.txt format remains relevant, so I recommend becoming familiar with it too.
    in one tracker i was facing issue, they once again open the door but for limited time,
    i tried to extend the expiry date by using "edit this cookie" chrome extension,

but there are options like: 1) host only 2) session 3) secure 4)http only

i ticked all three options except "(2) session" and increased expiry date to 70 to 80 years above original expiry date.

is it ok ?
    Last edited by JohnWick; 17.02.21 at 11:37.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Host-only = the cookie is only sent to the exact (sub)domain that set it, and no others.
    Session = the cookie is deleted when you close the browser; mutually exclusive with setting an expiration date.
    Secure = the cookie is only sent via an HTTPS connection.
    HttpOnly = the cookie cannot be interacted with by JavaScript code.

Since all of these flags add restrictions, I recommend ignoring them unless you're sure they were originally set.

In the past, using expiration dates beyond January 17th, 2038 was not recommended due to Unix timestamp limitations, but I think that's a non-issue now.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (19.02.21)

+ Reply to Thread