+ Reply to Thread

Thread: qBittorrent 4.3.3

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370

qBittorrent 4.3.3

As of version 4.0.4, this client uses an individual peer_id, so it's okay to run both RatioMaster Plus and qBittorrent at the same time. As of version 4.3.0, anonymous mode has no effect on announce requests for private torrents, so enabling it shouldn't be a detection vector.

This client emulates the following settings, so make sure your real qBittorrent 4.3.3 also uses them:
    • Encryption mode: Allow encryption
    • Optional IP address to bind to: All addresses
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

DocHydra (07.04.21) , shaq1907 (25.02.21) , Lucius (04.02.21) , pimphead07 (31.01.21) , czullo (29.01.21) , TelMo (26.01.21) , mavishaTR (24.01.21) , JohnWick (24.01.21)

P2P Client
    qb
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Hello, do you know if it's now possible to remove the tracker without losing the peers? as before with qbitorrent? there's a trick nowadays? to do it as before, thanks in advance
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    qBittorrent, now fully BEP27 compliant Anyway, here are a few potential countermeasures.
    • remove the part of the code that drops all peers when this occurs, then recompile
    • patch the binary to make the private flag check non-functional
    • set a fake proxy after starting the torrent, to prevent future tracker announces
    • block the tracker's hostname(s) using the hosts file, to prevent future tracker announces
    • copy the peer list, then readd peers manually after removing the announce URL
    • be connectable, then do nothing after removing the announce URL and wait for incoming connections

I can't provide tutorials or explanations at the moment, but I'm sure you can figure out at least a few.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (16.03.22)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    @anon is it possible to mod the .torrent file and remove the private flag?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Any change to a .torrent file's info dictionary, no matter how small, will change its info_hash and make it not the same torrent anymore as far as trackers and peers are concerned. That includes removing the private flag. Otherwise, I'd have placed that method at the top of my above list, as it'd be easier than all the others

Note some trackers take advantage of this by adding or editing the source field in a torrent after you upload it, forcing the hash to be unique and avoiding "I got banned for alleged ratio cheating because my client merged announce URLs" situations, a clever tactic which I applaud.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread