+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NinjaCentral goes Paid Only. Lifetime options gone.

NinjaCentral goes Paid Only. Lifetime options gone.

Some sad news to Usenet indexers:

NinjaCentral went paid only and no longer offers lifetime plans.

- As of today all non-paying accounts (even if paid before) have been pruned.
    - Also, the site no longer offers "lifetime" accounts.
    - Existing lifetime accounts will be honored.
    - New users, when invited, have 14 days to pay before having the account deleted.

Soon to be updated to the API Indexers Table.
    Last edited by sbestran; 11.12.23 at 19:42.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (13.12.23) , anon (13.12.23) , alpacino (12.12.23) , bulletproof2k (11.12.23)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2064
    Quote Originally Posted by sbestran View Post
    Some sad news to Usenet indexers:

NinjaCentral went paid only and no longer offers lifetime plans.

- As of today all non-paying accounts (even if paid before) have been pruned.
    - Also, the site no longer offers "lifetime" accounts.
    - Existing lifetime accounts will be honored.
    - New users, when invited, have 14 days to pay before having the account deleted.

Soon to be updated to the API Indexers Table.
    So that's why my account was gone today, I was logging in almost everyday to keep it alive.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

even not a good one.
    just so so.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I guess lifetime subscriptions are not sustainable after all.

By the way, it's pretty dumb of them to purge all free users in one fell swoop. Turn them into trial accounts and let them see this announcement and decide what to do. Even if 99% of them don't donate, you won't be making things harder for the 1% that would have (and now needs to either find an invite or wait for the next open signups).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

khangiskhan (25.12.23)

they are from Africa. they want more and more money, may be they will disappear soon.

before there was another indexer name simplynzb, they gave invites to users, even free users and were asking share invites in reddit (mostly torrent, indexer staff ban users for sharing invites on public forums like reddit), they collected money and disappear after few months, when they asked for this.

strategy they copied of nzbgeek, free to trial.

Important Changes to NinjaCentral Accounts

Dear NinjaCentral Community,

We hope this message finds you well. We have an important update regarding our account policy, effective as of Black Friday.

Starting from Black Friday, we will no longer offer free accounts on our platform. Instead, we are introducing a 14-day trial period for new users. After the trial period ends, the account will be automatically disabled. Subsequently, the disabled accounts will be purged from our system. Users will need to wait until our site is open for registration or receive an invite to regain access.

We understand that this change may come as a surprise, and we'd like to provide some insight into the reasons behind it. While we prefer not to delve into specific details, we have encountered issues with users abusing our free account system, which has necessitated this adjustment.

Please note that any tickets created regarding a disabled free account will be closed without further action. However, if you believe you had a VIP account or have made a payment, we kindly request that you open a support ticket and include the relevant transaction details for verification purposes.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. We remain committed to providing you with the best possible experience on NinjaCentral. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Thank you for being a valued member of our community.

Sincerely,
    The NinjaCentral Staff
    Last edited by anon; 13.12.23 at 18:17. Reason: See forum rules 1 and 5
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    they are from Africa. they want more and more money, may be they will disappear soon.
    That would reinforce my previous point in any case...

Also, if you're making a list of indexers where the decision to donate requires careful consideration, you can add Usenet Crawler to it.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (14.12.23)

crawler lifetime fee is nearly 1 year fee of ninja.

ninja content are from others indexers. not their own.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    If those are pro-Crawler arguments, you should read a bit on their history
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (25.03.24)

About ninja... They did "sort" of warn trials about that, but the site has many inconsistencies and they really want you to join Discord if you want up-to-date rudely answered information.

I understand their move o paid-only, and I do find stuff on Ninja that is nowhere else. My main focus is non-Hollywood movies and somehow su, Ninja and dog have found a bit more on that then the other indexers. Not much, but something. I will do a test in the next few months to check which indexers fills my needs better. If data comes out consistent or interesting, I wish to share it, but for now, my overall feeling is that for this use case Dog, Su and Ninja are sort of a triad.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If those are pro-Crawler arguments, you should read a bit on their history
    Sooo, I left Crawler outside my crazy indexers basket! And they are so cheap, it was sort of a miscalculation of how much I should pay for it all and I ended up not having their money. Also they only accepted btc and that was a problem due to the high fee on that specific coin. I checked the site while it was just re-created, so I feel like I might have missed something on this one.

It red-flagged me for being reborn when I was researching and for being brought to life by VeryCouch, who also had an api indexer before migrating users back to crawler. I have to say Verycouch's admin nickname makes me uncomfortable.

But they seem fine and with a fair price at crawler's site.
    I also read some changelog on their backup being restored...

Is the thing working good on your end?
    What can you share as experience about them?
    Last edited by sbestran; 16.12.23 at 14:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by sbestran View Post
    But they seem fine and with a fair price at crawler's site.
    I also read some changelog on their backup being restored...

Is the thing working good on your end?
    What can you share as experience about them?
    I'm not bashing Usenet Crawler, and they're a good indexer in their own right. But they've also gone through years of downtime, been breached once, changed owners, and now offer lifetime access for any donated amount until December 31st? You may want to keep that in mind before voting with your wallet (though as we can see from this thread, ultimately no one can guarantee eternal stability). Anyway, if you're feeling adventurous, they currently accept BTC, ETH, LTC and XMR processed through CoinPayments, and the minimum amount is 20 EUR.

Also, I'd like to invite former NinjaCentral free users or anyone else who's interested to register on FileSharingTalk (where I'm also staff) and see if it meets your needs.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ......free users or anyone else who's interested to register on FileSharingTalk (where I'm also staff) and see if it meets your needs.
    It's probably because I don't spend much time on here. I say so because this would be the first time I've seen you mention FST in any capacity.

By the way, thanks for the wonderful forum, though I do miss the good old days with the... sniff! cough! matured crowd, then again it was a different era .
    Last edited by khangiskhan; 25.03.24 at 17:40.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread