+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to sign up Facebook successfully?

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254

How to sign up Facebook successfully?

Many years ago I used to sign up a Facebook account A, but with fake name. recently I tried to log into this account, FB asked me to upload my ID card to verify identity because of long time no use. I uploaded my ID card image, FB said the name of my ID card does not match the account name so it cannot give me access to this account.

So I signed up a new account B (already cleared cookies and changed IP addr before sign up) with my own real email, real name, my own phone number and my own ID photos, and did nothing violating the rules after sign up. However, still got account disabled almost imediately. (and FB said "already reviewed this decision and it cannot be reversed")

I presume the reason this time is I used a proxy IP addr to sign up, however, the country I'm in has banned Facebook so using a proxy is almost the only way I can sign up.

Do you know, if I ask my friend in US to sign up an new account for me, and then I log in with a proxy IP addr, will this trigger the ban again? How can I have a normal FB account? T_T
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    They did you a favor, you just don't know it yet Anyway, how about using their official onion site? Apparently it allows registrations.

Code:
    https://www.facebookcorewwwi.onion/
    If your country also blocks Tor, you'll have to use a bridge or pluggable transport.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (06.09.20)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    They did you a favor, you just don't know it yet Anyway, how about using their official onion site? Apparently it allows registrations.

Code:
    https://www.facebookcorewwwi.onion/
    If your country also blocks Tor, you'll have to use a bridge or pluggable transport.
    Thank you anon for quick reply! I'm gonna try onion. haven't used it in years.

Does "do me a favor" means real names and ID shouldn't be used? I also didn't want to provide facebook with my real name and ID (esp. ID), but facebook played a trick that it was asking for these real info to unlock my account, and after I did provide, FB told me the appeal failed. asshole design! (if you already wanna ban me because of IP addr, why ask for identity info pretending identity info matters?)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    Does "do me a favor" means real names and ID shouldn't be used?
    It means Facebook shouldn't be used Coincidentally, I stumbled upon this article a few days ago, it gives a good overview of what I'm talking about.

https://veekaybee.github.io/2017/02/...llecting-this/
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (06.09.20)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    It means Facebook shouldn't be used Coincidentally, I stumbled upon this article a few days ago, it gives a good overview of what I'm talking about.

https://veekaybee.github.io/2017/02/...llecting-this/
    Thanks for sharing , I use facebook only for OAuth, not for social, so basically upload nothing. eg. Furk.net, the best free seedbox service I know, needs facebook OAuth to sign up successfully (otherwise invite code is needed which is far harder to get one).

btw, does anon accidently know some similar service like Furk.net? I know some, but they're all pretty lame, eg. seedr.cc free account doesnt support private torrents. sonicbit.net and linksnappy.com are just fake leeching (shown leeching status on webpage, but in fact didnt connect to tracker)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    btw, does anon accidently know some similar service like Furk.net? I know some, but they're all pretty lame, eg. seedr.cc free account doesnt support private torrents. sonicbit.net and linksnappy.com are just fake leeching (shown leeching status on webpage, but in fact didnt connect to tracker)
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34597

Might help. Baidu apparently also has a cloud torrenting service with generous storage space, but I have no idea what their requirements or limitations are.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34597

Might help. Baidu apparently also has a cloud torrenting service with generous storage space, but I have no idea what their requirements or limitations are.
    Wow, thanks anon. didnt knew that post exists.

Baidu's net storage service has become notorious recent years for tricking users into uploading huge amounts of data by extremely generous space, convenient features (even support ed2k link) and promise of permanent free, putting other competitors in china out of business, and then one day, a few years back, suddenly and without prior announcement, limiting download speed for free users to ~10k/s. Users have to pay for a membership to even get their data back. Basically extortion. Not to mention its censorship for content (baidu would delete nude photos of you with your partner, or political material, without your consent and even notify) and payment system lacking of contract spirit (you pay $10, baidu ask $20. then you pay $20, baidu ask more again...). Bandits and rogue company.
    Last edited by JohnareyouOK; 07.09.20 at 21:27.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (07.09.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    suddenly and without prior announcement, limiting download speed for free users to ~10k/s. Users have to pay for a membership to even get their data back. Basically extortion.
    Sounds like a great example of bait-and-switch. Thanks for the explanation. As the saying goes, "there is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer" and it seems those people learned it the hard way.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread