+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you going to buy the new Xbox or PlayStation?

P2P Client
    Latest uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9

Are you going to buy the new Xbox or PlayStation?

Both new consoles will come out by the end of this year. Some speculation says that these will be the 'last' consoles under the current gaming paradigm (people hope for game-streaming taking over in the future).

Personally, the last console I owned was the PS2 ages ago. It had a great lifespan, but I've drifted off from games for many years now. Still, I'm pretty sure I want to buy the PS5 when it comes out and play FIFA or other games you can share with friends, otherwise I get bored.

Are you thinking of getting one of these?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    New Xbox has better specs over PS5, except for SSD. PS5 SSD blows away Xbox's.
    I'm still waiting for the price. I have PS4, if I can sell it for a fair price, I just might buy PS5 on launch (if they'll implement backwards compatibility).
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

londonderry (03.05.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    90% of my current gaming is visual novels, the 10% is old classic games. Both groups run under Windows and have minimal hardware requirements... so nope Then again, I was never really a hardcore gamer, regardless of platform. The last console I've owned was the original gray PlayStation. I was thinking of buying a PS4 (once I have the money for it) or at least renting one just for the Final Fantasy VII remake, but apparently it's not completed yet, and who knows when that will happen or which console the next parts will be released for.

As for cloud gaming, I don't think it's ready to take over for now. Even Stadia, with all the power of Google behind it, has had an "acceptable" reception so far. And while it remains to be seen how the coronacrisis will change the medium and long term picture, it will likely be against streaming - network saturation, data caps and all that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

londonderry (03.05.20)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    Quote Originally Posted by londonderry View Post
    Some speculation says that these will be the 'last' consoles under the current gaming paradigm (people hope for game-streaming taking over in the future).
    I don't think game-streaming is coming strong at least in 2 or 3 gen in the future and neither that "people hope" for it, Stadia is here and it sucks! They broke a hell lot of promisses, it's current state is bellow regular I would say.

Personally, the last console I owned was the PS2 ages ago. It had a great lifespan
    Oh yes, PS2 was incredible, in fact the best Playstation ever made, I myself have had 3 of them, the orignal ps2 fat and 2 slim models, PS3 was utter shite and PS4 is just a Foreman Grill which you can use to cook your sausages on.

Are you thinking of getting one of these?
    I want to buy the Xbox Series One X myself, Microsoft is the best at moment in my opinion. Has the best online services, is fast, reliable and hardly offline (for those who like multiplayer), has the best customer service, runs the multiplatform games better, has the Windows 10 integration, has a giant backwards compatibility library, with games from the original Xbox, the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and has the GamePass which blows the competition away, one subscription and you can use it on both your console and Windows 10. But I probably won't be buying on launch date.

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    PS5 SSD blows away Xbox's.
    "Blows away" hahaha? Both are NVMe, PS5 is 825Gb at 5 GB/s and Xbox's is 1TB at 2.5 GB/s, but I don't think anything nowadays can reach those theoretical speeds, remember when SATA 3 was introduced, it offered 6Gb/s but until today no device can reach that full pipe.

I just might buy PS5 on launch (if they'll implement backwards compatibility).
    Then you're in for a great deception, as it will have a limited backwards compatibility, they've been saying something like their best 100 games on PS4 will run on PS5 sometime in the future (not on launch).
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

londonderry (05.05.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss16
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    remember when SATA 3 was introduced, it offered 6Gb/s but until today no device can reach that full pipe.
    Very wrong.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

londonderry (05.05.20)

P2P Client
    Latest uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Regarding the failed streaming paradigm, I remember reading it described as what was coming next for gaming, but it definitely has a long way to go until it becomes good. And looks like the industry will follow the general tech trend of steady, albeit a bit slow, change.

By what I've been able to read, the new Xbox seems to have the best specs in almost every category, their team looks more confident and advanced in their development, they have all the power of Microsoft backing them, and their Game Pass service looks like it could really become something even bigger.

For me, however, it will come down to their library. Depending on preference of course, but the PS4 was the winner in great titles this generation. Wonder if Microsoft is gonna make a big move to change that trend.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (06.05.20)

P2P Client
    sb-innovation
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss92
    yes i am going to buy. Right now i have xbox one x scorpio edition.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3
    i prefer playstation.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity