+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Browzar

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385

Browzar

Browzar is an IE shell browser that allows you to surf the internet with privacy. It doesn't save any cache, history, cookies or use auto-complete, it protects your privacy while you are online.
    I regularly used this to create dupe accounts on trackers a long time ago, back when Chrome didn't exist and no mainstream browsers had private surfing modes (Safari doesn't count, fufu). I recently rediscovered it, and while the developers have gone out of business, the program itself still holds up well after some modding.

Changelog
    • Replaced default homepage with about:blank
    • Removed ability to change the homepage
    • Removed "Browzar" token from the User-Agent string
    • Replaced "Private Search" with DuckDuckGo
    • Replaced browzar.com error landing page with generic message
    • Removed help items that pointed to browzar.com
    • Removed now-invalid digital signature from the executable

Usage: extract, merge the registry file so that pages don't render in IE7 compatibility mode, then run any of the executables (the only difference is the interface skin, Winstyle looks like Windows XP). Don't rename them or else the renderer fix won't work.

Warning: since this program was last updated, Microsoft has released four major versions of Internet Explorer plus countless security fixes, and has reworked major aspects of the browser including the caching and history mechanisms, added support for IndexedDB, local storage and others. Therefore, although it passed an evercookie test in my computer, I cannot guarantee that Browzar will wipe 100% of traces in a non-recoverable way. I'm just posting this for the nostalgia factor, so if you feel like trying a decade-old IE shell that you had likely never heard of and whose most important feature is now obsolete, have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (05.07.20) , H265 (21.04.20) , AxiomaticDirection (21.04.20)

+ Reply to Thread