+ Fix Tracker Update Interval Divider
    + Use Swarm Peers fixed
    + Updated core to BiglyBT 2.3.0.0

BiglyBT Change Log:
    BiglyBT Change Log
    Vuze Change Log
    Installation:

Windows

1. Download and install the latest OpenJDK Java. It must be Java version 13 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
    2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
    3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
    4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
    5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    7. Rename the extracted "jdk-XX" folder to "jre".
    8. Run Notepad as Administrator and open %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions), append the following line:
    NOTE: If you want to run BiglyBT-console.exe perform step 8 but instead create file "BiglyBT-console.exe.vmoptions"
    Code:
    --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar
    --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED
    9. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

macOS
    1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 9 or higher. (JDK GA Release). Note the path to the OpenJDK archive downloaded. You will need it for step 5.
    2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
    4. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to /Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt and overwrite ALL files.

NOTE: To see the folder in Finder, you may need to perform the following steps:
    4a. Open Terminal
    4b. Run the following command:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
    4c. Hold the "Option/Alt" key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch
    4d. Once you have copied the files, you can revert to hiding folders with:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
    5. Open up a Terminal and run the following commands. NOTE: You need to replace "PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" in the first command to the path to the OpenJDK archive from step 1.
    Code:
    OPENJDK_ARCHIVE="PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE"
    sudo rm -r "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
    sudo tar -xzf "$OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" -C "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/"
    sudo mv "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jdk-"* "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
    echo -e "\n--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    6. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Linux
    NOTE: Based on Ubuntu 19.10
    1. Install the latest OpenJDK and libjna package from your distro's package repository. On Ubuntu 19.10 this is openjdk-13-jre and libjna-java.
    NOTE: Some distros do not have an OpenJDK of version 9 or greater available. In which case, you will need to download and extract the tar.gz package supplied by OpenJDK (JDK GA Release).
    Code:
    sudo apt install openjdk-13-jre libjna-java
    2. Download the latest non-beta BiglyBT release and make it executable (BiglyBT - Download).
    Code:
    wget https://files.biglybt.com/installer/BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    chmod +x BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    4. Run the installer, specifying app_java_home variable to your JRE folder. On Ubuntu, this is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-13-openjdk-amd64/
    Code:
    app_java_home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-13-openjdk-amd64/" ./BiglyBT_Installer.sh
    5. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to "~/biglybt" (/home/<username>/biglybt)
    Code:
    unzip -o BiglyBT_*.zip -d "~/biglybt"
    6. Append the following VM options:
    Code:
    echo "--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
    7. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
    Before posting problems please make sure:
    1. You have updated Java in the "jre" folder to the latest version (must be Java 9 or higher) (JDK GA Release]).
    2. You have uninstalled BiglyBT using the uninstaller.
    3. You have removed the BiglyBT Application folder:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\BiglyBT (Windows x64)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BiglyBT (Windows x86)
    /Applications/BiglyBT (macOS)
    ~/biglybt / /home/<username>/biglybt (Linux)
    4. You have removed the BiglyBT Settings folder:
    NOTE: THIS WILL RESET ALL BIGLYBT SETTINGS AND TORRENT LISTS
    Code:
    %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BiglyBT (Windows XP - Application Data may be Hidden)
    %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT (Windows Vista - AppData may be Hidden)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BiglyBT (macOS)
    ~/.biglybt / /home/<username>/.biglybt (Linux)
    5. Reinstalled BiglyBT using the package from BiglyBT - Download.
    6. Re-applied the hack by following the installation instructions above.

Portable Mode:
    Portable mode is now built into BiglyBT / Vuze. See wiki article: Portable Vuze.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 08.03.20 at 07:51.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

lotteria (22.08.21) , Poppeye (10.08.20) , Clectus (16.04.20) , ilkr77 (13.04.20) , eragooo (04.04.20) , insane (04.04.20) , Instab (03.04.20) , senshi (24.03.20) , UserXY (21.03.20) , vren43 (21.03.20) , No one (20.03.20) , tixev79853 (19.03.20) , Spongebob (17.03.20) , ryaneagle (16.03.20) , jpopsuki (16.03.20) , crystal (15.03.20) , kgshank (15.03.20) , kelly (15.03.20) , Vation (13.03.20) , buddhay (12.03.20) , infected_ (12.03.20) , artins90 (08.03.20) , Maitikaonyx (08.03.20) , termit779 (08.03.20) , anon (07.03.20) , Datendiebstahl (07.03.20) , salsa12 (07.03.20) , lil-fella (06.03.20) , Sazzy (05.03.20) , lyric (05.03.20)

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Are you actually seeing the Client ID reported as BiglyBT on the tracker side? Where are you actually seeing BiglyBT being reported when PerfectSpoof is enabled?

As I said previously, post screenshots of the things I requested previously, if you want any hope of reproducing it.

I still don't know why you are fucking around with Java. All you need to do is extract the ZIP to the jre folder. Nothing else is required.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss229
    1. BiglyBT 2.3.0.0
    2. Java 13.0.2 (64 bit)
    3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anmerkung 2020-03-17 152332.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	20316
    4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anmerkung 2020-03-17 152452.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	20317
    5. On these two trackers hdbits.org and bit-hdtv.com I tried and it shows as BiglyBT 2.3.0.0
    Last edited by --->HDBD<---; 17.03.20 at 15:38.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    [QUOTE=DigitalDJ;356125]Are you actually seeing the Client ID reported as BiglyBT on the tracker side? Where are you actually seeing BiglyBT being reported when PerfectSpoof is enabled?

YES - seemed quite clearly stated by both of us reporting the issue. The trackers know what it is.
    If you use the internal BBT version spoof azureus - the tracker report the azureus version
    All the bits of ghostfucker spoof seem to work (so java seems to be working) APART from the client ID

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDJ View Post
    As I said previously, post screenshots of the things I requested previously, if you want any hope of reproducing it.
    you have been shown screenshots.

I still don't know why you are fucking around with Java. All you need to do is extract the ZIP to the jre folder. Nothing else is required.
    i dont know why you keep saying that when
    a) already said it don't work
    b) doesn't make sense compared to the instructions at the top of every page - but tried it anyway

Already explained the situation with java, repeatedly.
    It wont even run with just the linked file 'just extracted' into bbt\jre. It will with the openjdk install extracted. It will with the BBT environment variable set to the installed dir.
    BBT itself has a +java install option and installs limited java to the locallow folder in windows and wont start with those deleted.

FFS you can just select show local client and see it say azureus extreme mod or biglybt extreme mod as in the screenprints I sent you and anon. Is it supposed to show that rather than the spoofed ID's/.
    - the screenprint showed the spoof peerid with the client id shwoing that the spoof was PARTIALLY working

Think I want to be fucking around with java or anything?

Think I'm wasting this much effort playing some stupid game?

Maybe it is something to do with specific windows installs but in that case:
    Why is the peerid being spoofed and the number of peers but NOT the clientId?

I have no idea where I should check for that as I didn't write the code even if i was a java coder.
    Last edited by JP2020; 17.03.20 at 23:23.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Calm down guys, let's focus on the problem. JP2020, any chances you can capture a BitTorrent peer handshake from the mod using Wireshark? That should clear any doubts as to which identification string (and what else) is sent. You may have to disable protocol encryption.

I haven't had the time to test all of this, but I'll try to do it really soon.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Can i suggest the first port of call rather than me supplying more proof I'm not bullshitting

# despite the many unanswered issues raised with installation I have read here on various versions - a number of which issues I have now ALSO seen including clicking on the icon to run seeming to result in nothing happening, a java runtime error despite having copied the contents of the apparent specific linked zip file as a jre sub folder replacing the existing jre folder where BBT will have over-written in the previously copied contents of that same specific download zip folder which was copied into a none existent folder that you had to create.

- is sorting out those windows install instructions and confirming that:

a) They make sense and dont expect windows users to understand that 'download and install', doesn't actually mean 'download and install'
    let alone something that hasn't got any obvious or even less obvious install, to a directory which may not at that stage exist, or have been deleted as part of troubleshooting 'advice' - or maybe not

b) The process works as literally followed with a 'clean install
    (either no prior bigly install or the appdata and program files dirs are deleted as required in the troubleshooting guidance

c) Confirm that the process is not dependent on some prior working installed ... whatever + [optional] let alone fuck that working version up that common sense says shouldn't have been touched by it. (and that before I started cleaning out and deleting old java stuff with the resultant fallout)

d) Perhaps even link to an install that WILL work with the patch available and isn't highly likely to install a version of biglybt that may be later than the patch available.

Because as far as I can see, the existing instructions don't meet any of those basic requirements.
    As apparently others than me who have talked here about different java installs have also struggled the same way

Now having delved far more deeply than i would ever have wished, a few notes

The linked java isnt readily installable as it stands, and simply copying doesn't work in at least some circumstances which do seem to be a VERY fresh install, even with older java installs hunted down and deleted breaking other things.

There are three biglybt installs
    The stub which chooses itself what to install, and which may end up installing a later incompatible base version
    The 64/32 bit specific version installs from github which install a specific version
    A version+java ...? (which I think I had to use so long ago despite it being only a relatively few days - just to get the darn thing to run at all)

An obvious question being - does a first install or clean install need a +java install, or does it specifically NOT need that version?

I am currently from an old version that largely worked,
    to a version that has its arse hanging out, in a quite obscure way, despite a spoof peerid making it stand out like a baboons arse in mating season, and which has afflicted even new old azureus installs (which previously worked) with that baboons arse affliction,
    and my 'fucking about with java' attempting to interpret the install instructions has broken a number of other installs on my system which had been running fine for years.

Its currently uninstalled.

Now some clear, unambiguous install instructions might even result in the issue going away, but at least then we would have a level playing field to work with to see what changes cause the IDENTIFIED issue with the client ID.

I'm done chasing blind

---------- Post Merged at 00:24 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:09 ----------

Perhaps even this from some time ago, which seemingly never got an answer, and that 'outdated is being very 'kind' IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by Paranormal View Post
    The Windows install instructions seem incredibly outdated.
    It should look like this:

Windows

1. Download and install the latest BiglyBT release (https://www.biglybt.com/download/).
    2. Download the latest Java JDK GA release Zip file (http://jdk.java.net/13/).
    4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
    5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 2 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    8. Run Notepad as Administrator and open %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions), append the following line:
    NOTE: If you want to run BiglyBT-console.exe perform step 8 but instead create file "BiglyBT-console.exe.vmoptions"
    Code:

And remove the warning:
    "Please note the change of instructions for Java 11. For Java 11 please remove the "--add-exports=java.xml.bind" line from the vmoptions file and use the OpenJDK binaries for Windows and macOS."

from your post as there currently is no
    "--add-exports=java.xml.bind" line in your install instruction

Or do you mean the one that says:
    "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" ?

Although BBT install failed when I tried it that way with no java installed
    So rather than guess/assume further .....
    Last edited by JP2020; 19.03.20 at 00:40.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    Quote Originally Posted by JP2020 View Post
    Perhaps even this from some time ago, which seemingly never got an answer, and that 'outdated is being very 'kind' IMO:
    I reviewed this. It was not out of date. A misinterpretation. The additional instructions were for those updating from older versions of BiglyBT using JDK 1.8/1.9.

I will get around to verifying the issue when I have the time.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    No, its not out of date - just wrong right from the first three words.

and bbt still seems to install a (stub/limited?) 1.8 java in \locallow as i've seen in the folder and in the install log.

If you want me to test something reasonable - I will once the install instructions are clarified and work
    just not willing to run around in circles anymore with basic questions I and others have asked effectively ignored.

Bigblybt still does a client version check (seen when i was searching the log for 'client')
    "VersionCheckClient is using cached version check info. Using 14 reply keys."

Is what I am seeing a cache issue???

WTF is "Delayed task 'Peer Injector (class com.biglybt.util.InitialisationFunctions$2)': queue_time=2369, exec_time=627"

Are the working versions a result of reported failed installs installing something which the finally (mostly) working install relies on?
    - i seem to recall getting that impression (perhaps related to biglybt +java version of the biglybt installs)

thoughts:

In client spoofing Set the spoofed clientid to (also?) write to the local client client_id if it doesn't at the moment.
    Mine showed either 'BiglyBT extreme mod or azureaus extreme mod if the BBT built in version spoof ids set.
    It did/does does not show the spoofed client_id even if built in version spoof is disabled and ghostfuckker spoof set with a client as most will intend to use it.
    - you can check this in your install by simply clicking on show local client in peer list

BBT log seems to report its writing the spoofed client_id - although trackers DO know its the original name/version or the version set in the built in version spoof
    - as reported by the tracker. Trackers seem to know straight away as demonstrated by the banned client message and the torrent connected peer report in the tracker.
    - not sure this is the case in ALL circumstances of a 'borked install. In fact in some problematic installs (as reported here by multiple people) sometimes BBT wont start at all, or options wont come up with a 'you gotta wait till it finishes loading' message
    I've seen those to with some of my attempts.

It may be related to some kbxxxx security update NOT installed in some windows as there is a known to me issue with visual c++ runtimes/programs,
    the missing MS kbxxx update may not have been installed when win7 users have disabled auto updates - as many have.
    - But thats a stretch as SOME of the spoofing works - so NOT fucking with windows security updates based on a vague maybe. To much has been broken already.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    and bbt still seems to install a (stub/limited?) 1.8 java in \locallow as i've seen in the folder and in the install log.
    The instructions are correct. The only part that needs clarifying is that installing the JRE means simply to extract the zip to the "jre" folder.

You keep posting so many red herrings. It's difficult to keep up.

There may very well be a problem with PerfectSpoof, and we'll investigate, but it has nothing to do with the install procedure.

Firstly, BiglyBT DOES NOT install Java into AppData\LocalLow. That's a Java install you already have installed on your system. If you have Java 1.8 installed, BiglyBT will use that and not create a "jre" folder in the BiglyBT ProgramFiles folder. However, creating the "jre" folder will always override the JRE that will be used, assuming you start BiglyBT "normally".

The show local client is a BiglyBT 2.3.0.0 feature. I am 99% sure it's purely cosmetic. It has nothing to do with what is sent to the tracker. Yes, it will currently show BiglyBT as the local peer even if PerfectSpoof is on.

If the About window shows Java 13.0.2 and the Extreme Mod settings exist, installation is complete. Full stop. Nothing else. That's it. The end.

It may be related to some kbxxxx security update NOT installed in some windows as there is a known to me issue with visual c++ runtimes/programs,
    the missing MS kbxxx update may not have been installed when win7 users have disabled auto updates - as many have.
    - But thats a stretch as SOME of the spoofing works - so NOT fucking with windows security updates based on a vague maybe. To much has been broken already.
    No. Just no. It almost never is. People who disable auto updates don't know what the fuck they are doing.

If you want to verify what is sent to the tracker, pick a HTTP (not HTTPS) tracker and use Wireshark to determine what gets sent. If that does indeed show the correct information, maybe it is indeed an HTTPS tracker issue, and that's something we'll investigate.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 19.03.20 at 15:40.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48

The show local client is a BiglyBT 2.3.0.0 feature. I am 99% sure it's purely cosmetic. It has nothing to do with what is sent to the tracker. Yes, it will currently show BiglyBT as the local peer even if PerfectSpoof is on.

It also cosmetically shows the spoofed peerid with the selected spoof client prefix, amount done etc etc incredibly accurately for a purely cosmetic line of info as you can see in the screenprint i sent you.

and amazingly, the cosmetic peer_id prefix and key shown changes, undoubtedly purely coincidentally and entirely cosmetically with the spoof selected. Miraculous.

Let alone that as stated, undoubtedly red herringly, that if you set the azureus spoof it says, purely coincidentally azureus extreme mod rather than biglybt extreme mod.

What a set of coincidences.

So your current claim re the unchanged advise to potential users is that it should be

Download the linked jdk GA zip

If you have a biglybt\jre folder - delete the contents and replace with the (version) contents from the download

Else If you have deleted or never installed BBT - Create a program files\biglybt folder and copy the (version) folder extracted into the biglybt folder and rename it jre

Run the bigly install stub. Which will potentially overwrite some of the contents of the jre folder and the install wont then 'fuck around' with temp or locallow folder java extracts that only it seems to know about...

If its successful you should get a 'do you want to start BBT' option (you might not - I didnt on some installs)
    Dont select restart - let it end and delete the current jre folder and re- copy/create the jre you had before the install from the download into biglybt\jre

That about right so far?
    If so I'll give it a go over the weekend.
    Last edited by JP2020; 19.03.20 at 19:17.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    For the record, here's how I've been running BiglyBT for two years now. This isn't the standard procedure, just my own.

Extract the recommended Java from the first post (OpenJDK 13 in this case) to a custom directory, and append the "bin" subdirectory of it to your %PATH% environment variable. After this, running java -version in any command prompt window should tell you you have Java 13 (as it does for me). There shouldn't be any other runtimes installed anywhere in any shape or form. Try JavaRa and do a manual file and registry search to make sure they're all gone.

Then, install BiglyBT using the official 64-bit installer from their homepage. It will download a Java runtime, but don't worry about that because it won't even be used. Follow the installation procedure normally, then choose not to run the program when finished. Copy the contents of "BiglyBT" under Program Files somewhere else, then immediately uninstall it.

On that copy, delete "jre" and extract the mod's files inside, overwriting everything where applicable. You will not do step 6 of the installation process, instead using the following script to launch the mod (put it in the same place as BiglyBT.jar):

Code:
    @echo off
    rem In case this is called from a terminal window, remember the original working directory
    set WD="%CD%"

cd /d "%~dp0"
    set VUZEDIR=%CD%
    echo Starting BiglyBT...
    start "" javaw.exe -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -classpath "%VUZEDIR%\BiglyBT.jar;%VUZEDIR%\swt.jar" -Djava.library.path="%VUZEDIR%" -Dazureus.portable.enable=true -Dazureus.config.path="%VUZEDIR%" -Duser.dir="%VUZEDIR%" --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED com.biglybt.ui.Main
    set VUZEDIR=

cd /d %WD%
    set WD=
    At this point, you can't use BiglyBT.exe to run the mod anymore, because it will complain about not having the "local" JRE it expects. This means file and protocol associations won't work either, but since I don't use those, I didn't consider it a problem. Also, while I did edit the .vmoptions to add those two lines just in case, passing the same parameters via the script should make it unnecessary.

I used this scheme to 1. store all configuration inside the same directory, 2. avoid having multiple Java runtimes installed just for the sake of showing a custom process name and icon in the Task Manager (also did it with jDownloader for the same reasons). The client spoof works fine, "stop torrent when finished" works fine, and I can't reproduce any of the bugs that have been reported for this version.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    It also cosmetically shows the spoofed peerid with the selected spoof client prefix, amount done etc etc incredibly accurately for a purely cosmetic line of info as you can see in the screenprint i sent you.

and amazingly, the cosmetic peer_id prefix and key shown changes, undoubtedly purely coincidentally and entirely cosmetically with the spoof selected. Miraculous.

Let alone that as stated, undoubtedly red herringly, that if you set the azureus spoof it says, purely coincidentally azureus extreme mod rather than biglybt extreme mod.

What a set of coincidences.
    God you're insufferable. You talk a lot of shit you know nothing about. If you want to educate yourself and solve the problem, you're more than welcome to decompile and take a look.

All those things, yes, are still generated even though PerfectSpoof is enabled. Last time I checked, local peer is just a dummy entry in the list -- specifically added in 2.3.0.0. I didn't override the interface methods that would implement showing the correct data for that dummy entry. But it'll be revisited when I get the chance.

So your current claim re the unchanged advise to potential users is that it should be
    No.

Literally, the instructions are the fucking same, what the fuck. If English isn't your first language, I can understand. However, as I said, the only clarification is step 1:

1. Download the latest OpenJDK Java. It must be Java version 13 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
    6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
    Code:

If you want to contribute to troubleshooting, as I said previously in my post. Find a HTTP tracker, enable PerfectSpoof, capture the connection with Wireshark.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 20.03.20 at 00:58.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    Ok
    So uninstalled,

Copied the contents of the linked java.zip into biglybt\jre

Ran the bigly stub install (win7 64), and got what i got at the start

Install failed.

https://github.com/BiglySoftware/BiglyBT/issues/157

.. Which says 'install required java to avoid java download issue' - which wunderboy not only says isn't necessary, but shouldn't be done and that my 'fucking with java' was causing the problems

it WILL install with a openjdk java 13.2 jdk properly 'installed' (as i stated)
    Possibly/probably would with just a java 13.2 jre 'installed' with the java path variable set (which variables the install searches for per the install log)

... As the instructions have said for years, but just pointed to one that doesn't (obviously at least) install

Just having the linked code copied into the biglybt\jre folder does NOT enable the BBT install to even reall start let alone complete for me. Only having an installed java will.

It will install with the copied code in \jre or the installed openjdk dirs copied in, or with nothing in the biglybt\jre - as long as there is an INSTALLED java

... Which eventually got got me to a running bbt but with the clientid issue which i didn't see until it was raised for the xth time which made me look properly.

---------- Post Merged at 19:29 ---------- Previous Post was at 19:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by --->HDBD<--- View Post
    Noch ein mal zu erinnerung Perfect spoof funktioniert nicht auf hdbits und bithdtv wenn jemand ein lösung hat bitte her damit
    Installiert ist BiglyBT 2.3.0.0 und Java 13.0.2

One more reminder Perfect spoof does not work on hdbits and bithdtv if someone has a solution please bring it here
    Installed is BiglyBT 2.3.0.0 and Java 13.0.2
    Attachment 20310
    Thanks again for highlighting this despite the grief i'm getting
    Does any of teh install issues i detail look familiar? Your experiences might help identifying

As a side note, I'm sure the issue isn't related to specific trackers OR that everyone will be experiencing this - I saw one of my install versions report the spoofed client id correctly but didn't document the tests properly - but will try and remember - re-do

I believe its just some trackers would flag/reject it as an undesirable client and some wont.
    the ones i tried don't ban BBT i just looked in the peerlist/connected peers info (in the trackers).
    Last edited by JP2020; 20.03.20 at 19:44.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    The instructions very clearly say to place the extracted zip into the JRE folder AFTER you install BiglyBT. In this case, it should also always be the full installer, not the stub installer.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 21.03.20 at 06:58.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss48
    The 'stub' installer is what the instructions link, and does an online install rather than a full 'offline' installer which would have everything built in.

As already stated, i tried it both ways and many more, although you clearly ignore that like you have all the other times we see people have raised these sort of issues.

I do understand if you are clueless - I'm the same,
    but in that case stop pretending you aren't and just shut the fuck up while we try and sort out what the problems are ... if anyone else will help given the shit you dish out.
    ... Especially as you almost certainly dont even use anything like a 'normal' as described (LOL) way to fire up BBT

You are effectively saying:
    You aren't following the actually still wrong instructions where the install and/or following start of BBT fail - and where people trying to use it are immediately thrown off at a tangent,
    .. and 'My completely different way of installing/running works fine ... so you (us) are doing it wrong.

Only the biglybt+java install seems to 'work' without an installed java for me. I don't know why. My java skills are negligible as stated.
    https://github.com/BiglySoftware/BiglyBT/releases

That installs JAVA_VERSION="1.8.0_202" in biglybt\jre
    after which whatever you stick in biglybt\jre generates errors and it only runs using an installed java (openjdk 13.2 as stated)
    When you eventually get a working bbt after 'fucking around with java' the spoof features largely work apart from client_id
    - and trackers know what bbt client you are running both in the tracker connections client rejection script and in the connected client shown in multiple trackers including old http trackers AS STATED.

I dont know why the earlier installs (still incorrectly re install/copy at least) refer to jre rather than more recent ones stating jdk

After retrying according to your half baked comments, i currently dont have any form of working bbt or azureus.
    Last edited by JP2020; 21.03.20 at 10:32.
    Thanks

Coder
    P2P Client
    BiglyBT Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss633
    The 'stub' installer is what the instructions link, and does an online install rather than a full 'offline' installer which would have everything built in.
    Frankly, it shouldn't matter. The stub or full installer will work. The instructions link the BiglyBT download page. The BiglyBT download page will pick the appropriate installer for your system. On Firefox, Windows 10 64-bit, it will automatically download the full 64-bit Windows installer, not the stub. You do not need Java installed to install BiglyBT.

On a machine with no Java install and no BiglyBT, both installers work. Stub and full. After installing the stub, you end up with a BiglyBT folder in Program Files that contains a jre folder. The included JRE version is 1.8.0_202. That JRE version is required for vanilla BiglyBT, but the mod requires 13+.

If either the BiglyBT installer does not run, or after clean installing BiglyBT, BiglyBT does not run, then this isn't a problem with the mod. You need to take your problem to the BiglyBT developers.

Chances are with all your fucking around with Java, you have pointer somewhere to an inappropriate Java install. Could be environment variables (i.e. PATH / JAVA_HOME), could be a number of things. Plenty of resources over at Google to help you figure that out.

Regardless, once you follow the instructions to install the mod...even if you DO have a broken Java install, correctly placing the contents of the JDK 13 into the BiglyBT\jre folder will override any broken Java install.

You can continue to autistically go over the install instructions repeatedly, and scream bloody murder that it said "download and install" instead of just "download" the JDK, but quite frankly I give zero fucks. This isn't for people who can't operate a computer system. There's not enough seconds in this world for me to give a fuck and take abuse from someone that can't string together a couple of coherent sentences. There's been plenty of clarification on how to get it installed correctly. Apart from the minor correction in step one, all installation instructions are still accurate and have been re-tested.

If you want to actually contribute to solving the PerfectSpoof problem, as I've said several times now, packet capture a non-SSL tracker update with Wireshark and provide the data. Until then, adios.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; 21.03.20 at 17:30.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast