Modded by:
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> anon <<<<<<

╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Changelog / Features:

· Removed all advertisements and social networking features
    · Removed all the call-homes I could find
    · Trimmed the executable by almost 2 MB by stripping binary blobs, HTML and digital signature
    · Added DHT Patch v2: allows the use of DHT, PEX and LPD for private torrents, but does not enable them by default
    · Added /LARGEADDRESSAWARE patch: allows the process to use up to 4 GB of RAM on 64-bit systems, or up to 3 GB on 32-bit systems configured to support it (the disk cache is still limited to 1800 MB); reportedly also improves stability under high-demand scenarios (e.g. seeding thousands of torrents)
    · Added rss.update_interval patch: allows values lower than 5
    · There are no cheating features, it's just for those who want a lightweight client

Known issues:

· "Upgrade to Pro" always appears in the sidebar.
    Workaround: go to Options -> Preferences -> Advanced. Close the window, then do the same again but hold Shift+F2 before clicking on Preferences. Find gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes and set it to false. That setting is ignored on startup, so you'll have to do this every time you run the program.

· A very rare (once per six months of 24/7 runtime in average) issue that causes the program to crash silently. Not known if it's due to the mod or just a bug in uTorrent itself.

· Clicking where the globe icon would be in the bottom right corner of the window still opens the Preferences dialog.

· Ticking "Enable protocol enhancements" in the settings is not recommended, as said enhancements may rely on removed features.

· uTorrent will default to TLS 1.0 if no Schannel policies are set, which means many HTTPS trackers won't work. Merging the bundled registry file will solve this.

Technical information:

· See Attachment 21100 for the instructions and toolkit required to recreate or update this mod.

· settings.dat: comes preconfigured to disable all advertisements, call-homes and non-essential features
    · updates.dat: dummy read-only file that prevents uTorrent from storing data about (manual) client updates
    · social.bmp: effectively hides the Facebook, Twitter and language icons in the status bar by replacing them with 100% transparent ones
    · TLS Fix.reg: sets several Schannel registry entries to specifically allow TLS 1.x secure protocols
    · utorrent.lng: official language pack file
    · utorrent-355-46074.chm: official help file
    · webui.zip: official WebUI resource file
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

qik5l (26.03.24) , janetjackson (17.11.23) , alupigus (20.10.23) , Karlston (14.08.23) , Bubbie (10.11.22) , Herrnobiz (08.10.22) , hemingway (28.08.22) , JohnWick (30.05.22) , Ishino (06.01.22) , BrianBosworth (21.12.21) , WhiteRabbit (14.11.21) , njegovavisost (02.11.21) , Lucas Kane (02.09.21) , mrspeed (13.05.21) , AxiomaticDirection (23.04.21) , Trancy77 (27.02.21) , mapnam (08.02.21) , coromantee (30.01.21) , Se7Ven (01.01.21) , mmmmm (05.12.20) , alina (28.11.20) , blockA (28.11.20) , yoco (05.09.20) , cloud99 (05.09.20) , Mooxi (10.07.20) , drive (30.06.20) , mcerar333 (12.05.20) , seldom (01.05.20) , (20.04.20) , qUeLo (15.04.20) , 12321 (10.04.20) , whyme (21.03.20) , RaMa (21.03.20) , Mon (21.03.20) , termit779 (08.03.20) , Sazzy (06.03.20) , menes (23.02.20) , ffp (19.02.20) , brun (17.02.20) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (29.01.20) , joe1982 (25.01.20) , coolio256 (21.01.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    It explicitly enables TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, and disables some obsolete security protocols, as well as TLS 1.3 (normally a bad idea, but Microsoft's implementation of it has known bugs).

Without applying those registry values, uTorrent will default to TLS 1.0 for HTTPS connections, which is deprecated and therefore not supported by many trackers. They affect anything that relies on the SChannel API, but have no effect on programs that use their own TLS stack (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Java).
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It explicitly ena hing that relies on the SChannel API, but have no effect on programs that use their own TLS stack (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Java).
    OK.I see.
    Hi Annon, could you pls send me the original address of this utorrent with version 3.5.5?
    I mean , the address like xxx.utorrent.com\xxx.exe.
    This is because your version could not response and not pop up when I double click the .torrent.
    Last edited by banjje; 06.10.22 at 04:17.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by banjje View Post
    Hi Annon, could you pls send me the original address of this utorrent with version 3.5.5?
    I mean , the address like xxx.utorrent.com\xxx.exe.
    Find it on any site that archives old releases, then check the digital signature to make sure you have an unmodified copy.
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	21397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	21398

Find it on any site that archives old releases, then check the digital signature to make sure you have an unmodified copy.
    hEY aNNON,help me to figure out that why isn't this proxy set avaliable.
    I use tor for proxy.
    And if I did not use proxy and used proxifire onto the utorrent.exe , the connection was OK.
    Last edited by banjje; 17.10.22 at 00:48.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Well, since Tor is not meant to be used for torrenting, that's almost an improvement in this case. Anyway, can you try the following?
    • Using SOCKS4a instead of SOCKS5. If it works, the problem lies in uTorrent's proxy support and cannot be fixed by me.
    • Using the unmodified build 46074 with the same settings. If it works, then it's likely the mod's fault and I'll look into it.
    Thanks

Well, since Tor is not meant to be used for torrenting, that's almost an improvement in this case. Anyway, can you try the following?
    • Using SOCKS4a instead of SOCKS5. If it works, the problem lies in uTorrent's proxy support and cannot be fixed by me.
    • Using the unmodified build 46074 with the same settings. If it works, then it's likely the mod's fault and I'll look into it.
    Anon,here it is the test
    I used the ut with the version above, the problem remained. So it seemed that this "socks 5 proxy failed" was due to the software-bug-itself.

And its weird if you use Proxifire, there was no problem.

2nd, I do not have socks4a proxy, so the another test is not able to acommplish .
    Last edited by banjje; 22.10.22 at 14:38.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

anon (22.10.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I used the ut with the version above, the problem remained. So it seemed that this "socks 5 proxy failed" was due to the software-bug-itself.
    Thanks for checking. This may have been fixed in the builds released since 46074, but that's partly why I posted my modding toolkit and instructions

And its weird if you use Proxifire, there was no problem.
    Proxifier operates as a Winsock LSP. This is a fairly clean and effective approach, since it requires no modification of the affected programs. The downside is that it won't work on anything that doesn't use the Winsock API, but that's a minority of cases.

2nd, I do not have socks4a proxy, so the another test is not able to acommplish .
    In practice, most SOCKS5 proxies are backwards-compatible with 4a, and that includes Tor.
    Thanks

The stable version of utorrent 3.6 is coming out.Who can crk it?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    stable version of utorrent 3.6
    Actually very buggy, to the point the developers posted a special 3.5.5 build that won't autoupdate to it, so that no one (re)installs it by accident...

crk
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

ffp (30.07.23)

Hello Anon, this .36074 has a little un-function.When you double click the torrent, the window that let you choose the storing place does not pop up.Can you fix this?
    Last edited by banjje; 21.12.22 at 09:41.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    When you double click the torrent, the window that let you choose the storing place does not pop up.
    Please confirm that:
    • you have enabled Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data
    • you aren't trying to add too many torrents at the same time (this ignores the setting and adds torrents immediately using the default download location)
    • this doesn't occur in the unmodified 3.5.5 build 46074

I'll have a look then, but with the holidays and new year around the corner you may have to wait
    Thanks

Please confirm that:
    • you have enabled Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show options to change the name and location of the torrent data
    • you aren't trying to add too many torrents at the same time (this ignores the setting and adds torrents immediately using the default download location)
    • this doesn't occur in the unmodified 3.5.5 build 46074

I'll have a look then, but with the holidays and new year around the corner you may have to wait
    "Show options to change..." this was ticked.
    I have double confirmed that the popup was not functioning.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uSerenity, Emule 0.60d
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss93
    How do I get this to work with magnet links?

thanks
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    Quote Originally Posted by qik5l View Post
    How do I get this to work with magnet links?

thanks
    Did you try options, general then associate with magnet URIs?
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uSerenity, Emule 0.60d
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss93
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    Did you try options, general then associate with magnet URIs?
    Option not there
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast