+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want to buy a KVM Switch

I want to buy a KVM Switch

For the past 3 weeks I have been working on my KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) virtualization and GPU passthrough within it. I was successful but now I need some help in buying a KVM Switch (Keyboard Video Mouse Switch). My problem is that most KVM Switches are made with multiple computers in mind, i.e connect use monitors and peripherals with PC1, PC2 etc. What I want is to use my monitor and peripherals on the same PC but using different ports. I have two graphics cards and will use separate USB ports for this. Thus, all I need is just a switch, to commute from one to the other.

There are many types of KVMs on the market, and some are extremely expensive. All I need is one monitor, a keyboard and mouse.
    I drew a graphic of what I need.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kvm.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	18671

Thank you!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    My problem is that most KVM Switches are made with multiple computers in mind, i.e connect use monitors and peripherals with PC1, PC2 etc. What I want is to use my monitor and peripherals on the same PC but using different ports. I have two graphics cards and will use separate USB ports for this. Thus, all I need is just a switch, to commute from one to the other.
    I don't see the issue here. If you plug everything on different ports, the switch is going to work just the same. It doesn't matter if those ports are on a different computer or not (and in fact, it can't tell at all).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread