+ Reply to Thread

Thread: qBittorrent 4.0.4

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439

qBittorrent 4.0.4

As of version 4.0.4, this client uses an individual peer_id, so it's okay to run both RatioMaster Plus and qBittorrent at the same time.

This client emulates the following settings, so make sure your real qBittorrent 4.0.4 also uses them:
    • Encryption mode: Prefer encryption
    • Listen on IPv6 address: No
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

APTX4869 (10.04.18) , techsupport (04.03.18) , arkeus (19.02.18) , shaq1907 (17.02.18) , cloud99 (17.02.18)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    Hey Anon,

I need a little help with the memory reader since it is always different to what the announce I originally sent was.

The only way I got the correct PeerID is to add the local tracker created by RM+ into the torrent I was seeding.

RM+ changes peerID for all torrents. My Mac qBittorrent has different PeerID announces for every torrent. What should I do?
    Thanks

qBittorrent Mac version incompatable with RM+ memory reader due to non-global peer id

Hi Spidtest,

Quote Originally Posted by Spidtest View Post
    memory reader since it is always different to what the announce I originally sent was.
    If you mean that "Memory Reader" isn't working properly to get the correct information from the Torrent Client. Then this is a problem with RatioMaster Plus. Check the "solutions" provided below.

The only way I got the correct PeerID is to add the local tracker created by RM+ into the torrent I was seeding.
    If you think this is a bug or if it happens on multiple torrents, then contact the original coder (Lucius). Check the "solutions" provided below.

In the future post your problems related to "RM+" or "RM+ memory reader" in either of the below mentioned threads.
    Code:
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=33029
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=33728
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=33301
    Please avoid using this section unless it is to discuss something about a particular RM+ client file. The rules of this section clearly states that:-
    start any sort of discussions. Use the program's thread for those purposes.
    You can read the rules here:- http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=33022

If you want to contact @anon specifically, please use the private message feature (You can message moderators).

RM+ changes peerID for all torrents.
    Yes this usually occurs after you've used the memory reader. @Lucius (coder/developer of RM+) clearly states it in this post here:- http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...714#post346704

My Mac qBittorrent has different PeerID announces for every torrent. What should I do?
    hmm.. There are a couple of solutions to your problem. Please review through them and choose the one that will best suit you.

Solution 1:- Request for a custom RM+ (qBittorrent) client file which has "Non-Global" PeerID. (meaning different PeerID for different torrents).

Drawback:-
    You can’t use the memory reader with this custom client as "Memory Reader" can't scan more than one torrent announce info.
    Unsafe as RM+ (torrents) and your torrent client (torrents) will have different peerid.

Solution 2:- Don't use the "Memory Reader" at all without requesting a custom client. By doing this you'll force RM+ to generate different PeerID/Key for different torrents.

You can’t use the memory reader.
    Unsafe as RM+ (torrents) and your torrent client (torrents) will have different peerid.

Solution 3:- Auto Stop your torrents after download in qBittorrent (https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBitt...able-auto-seed). Later, you can add the torrents you want to seed to RM+.

You can’t use the memory reader because you will be stopping the torrents after downloading. So there's no point in running the "Memory Reader".

Solution 4:- Change your Torrent Client. Research about the MAC Torrent Client swhich will be adaptable with RM+ or other tools. My suggestion would be looking for a Modified Torrent Client something like VEM/BiglyBT/uTorrent Serenity/Transmission Leecher Mod, so you won't need to worry about the PEERID.

None discovered yet.

~cloud99
    Last edited by cloud99; 01.03.18 at 10:24. Reason: added solutions
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Spidtest (01.03.18)

Yes this usually occurs after you've used the memory reader. @Lucius (coder/developer of RM+) clearly states it in this post here:- http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-...14/#post346704
    with global/non-global in mind also, if Rm+ found that a torrent uses some client file with global PeerId and non-global key it will apply only the peerId and leave the key as the generated one when adding.

My Mac qBittorrent has different PeerID announces for every torrent. What should I do?
    Send some announces so we can make sure if it uses global/non-global values.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    Notes:
    1) The client was not restarted at all between torrents.
    2) The torrents were added with a clean client, the torrents shown were not active upon starting qBittorrent

========
    Ubuntu
    ========

GET /announce?info_hash=%f0~%0b%05%84t%5b%7b%cb5%e9%80% 97H%8d4%e6%86%23%d0&peer_id=-qB4040-Vx(ar!7V(GsB&port=16549&uploaded=0&downloaded=1687 552&left=1497333760&corrupt=0&key=EDB9E64A&event=s topped&numwant=0&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcry pto=1&redundant=0 HTTP/1.1
    Host: torrent.ubuntu.com:6969
    User-Agent: qBittorrent/4.0.4
    Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Connection: close

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Content-Length: 60
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Pragma: no-cache

d8:completei2048e10:incompletei87e8:intervali1800e 5:peerslee

========
    Kali
    ========

GET /announce?info_hash=D%f2%81r%fd%d4%1a%f8l%9fH%14l%9 0%b5%c8%e8%82sM&peer_id=-qB4040-cfdQGG)4U_1!&port=16549&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&le ft=3028500574&corrupt=0&key=5FC47559&event=stopped &numwant=0&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcrypto=1& redundant=0 HTTP/1.1
    Host: tracker.kali.org:6969

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Length: 76

d8:completei0e10:incompletei0e8:intervali1958e12:m in intervali979e5:peers0:e

========
    Debain
    ========

GET /announce?info_hash=d%09%8f%03%ca%18%3f%ca%ee%2bK%e 0%5b%bd%5c%5eD%7c%80%23&peer_id=-qB4040-feaID4Lvvg4W&port=16549&uploaded=0&downloaded=3146 406&left=209715200&corrupt=0&key=4B2B0ED7&event=st opped&numwant=0&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcryp to=1&redundant=0 HTTP/1.1
    Host: bttracker.debian.org:6969

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: mimosa
    Connection: Close
    Content-Length: 36

d8:intervali900e5:peers0:6:peers60:e
    Thanks