+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Seen Movie Thread

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I think a vote speaks for itself, don't you?
    A numeric rating says nothing besides good/okay/bad, giving no further explanation. Even a single line saying why you rated it thus is already a lot more.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Samurai Rebellion (1967) - 9/10

The mother of a feudal lord's only heir is kidnapped away from her husband by the lord. The husband and his samurai father must decide whether to accept the unjust decision, or risk death to get her back.
    Thanks

The Crush (1993) - 10/10
    A journalist becomes the unwanted center of attention for a 14-year-old girl, who proceeds to sabotage his life after he refuses her sexual advances.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    The Matrix (1999)

As good as ever. I have already posted my thoughts on it at https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=32194, so have a look there for extended discussion. 10/10.

All Eyez on Me (2017)

A biographical film about the life of rap legend Tupac Shakur. Demetrius Shipp Jr. did an excellent job at his role, but naturally, some events and accuracy had to be sacrificed (or whitewashed) for the sake of storytelling. I found the portrayal of Biggie Smalls most troubling - while his actor did great work on Notorious (2009), a movie of the same kind but with Biggie as the protagonist, here he depicts him as a clueless moron barely able to form complete sentences. 7/10.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    John Q. (2002)

A father resorts to desperate measures when neither medical insurance nor his savings will cover the heart transplant his son desperately needs. Apparently too preachy with its healthcare reform message (and Hillary Clinton's cameo in favor of it must not have helped); while it's hard not to sympathize with Denzel Washington's character, I otherwise found it not so terribly biased, although I'm not familiar with US healthcare politics. Tension throughout as the reality of a hostage situation in an emergency room ensues, and police attempt to eliminate John as quickly as possible since it's an election year in-universe. 8/10.

Spoiler The most emotional part in the movie:
    John Q. Archibald: Just try to stay awake for a minute, son, I need to tell you a few things.
    Mike Archibald: Okay, Dad.
    John Q. Archibald: You always listen to your mother, understand? Do what she tells you to do. She's your best friend. Tell her you love her every day. You're too young for girls right now but there's gonna come a time, and when it does, you treat them like princesses, because that's what they are. When you say you're gonna do something, you do it. Because your word is your bond, son, that's all you have. And money, you make money if you get a chance. Even if you gotta sell out every once in a while, you make as much money as you can. Don't be stupid like your father - everything is so much easier with money, son. Don't smoke. Be kind to people. If somebody chooses you, you stand up, you be a man. And you stay away from the bad things, son. Please, don't be caught up in the bad things - there are so many great things out there for you. I'll never leave you. I'm always with you, right there. [points to his heart] I love you son.

Pleasantville (1998)

Two teenage siblings from the 90s are teleported into a 50s American sitcom after using a magical remote control. Eventually, they begin to desconstruct and alter the reality of the wholesome, innocent and "perfect" world they've been thrown into. Decent story, but it was stretched out too much. 7/10.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BITTORRENT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    John Q. (2002)

A father resorts to desperate measures when neither medical insurance nor his savings will cover the heart transplant his son desperately needs. Apparently too preachy with its healthcare reform message (and Hillary Clinton's cameo in favor of it must not have helped); while it's hard not to sympathize with Denzel Washington's character, I otherwise found it not so terribly biased, although I'm not familiar with US healthcare politics. Tension throughout as the reality of a hostage situation in an emergency room ensues, and police attempt to eliminate John as quickly as possible since it's an election year in-universe. 8/10.

Spoiler The most emotional part in the movie:
    John Q. Archibald: Just try to stay awake for a minute, son, I need to tell you a few things.
    Mike Archibald: Okay, Dad.
    John Q. Archibald: You always listen to your mother, understand? Do what she tells you to do. She's your best friend. Tell her you love her every day. You're too young for girls right now but there's gonna come a time, and when it does, you treat them like princesses, because that's what they are. When you say you're gonna do something, you do it. Because your word is your bond, son, that's all you have. And money, you make money if you get a chance. Even if you gotta sell out every once in a while, you make as much money as you can. Don't be stupid like your father - everything is so much easier with money, son. Don't smoke. Be kind to people. If somebody chooses you, you stand up, you be a man. And you stay away from the bad things, son. Please, don't be caught up in the bad things - there are so many great things out there for you. I'll never leave you. I'm always with you, right there. [points to his heart] I love you son.

Pleasantville (1998)

Two teenage siblings from the 90s are teleported into a 50s American sitcom after using a magical remote control. Eventually, they begin to desconstruct and alter the reality of the wholesome, innocent and "perfect" world they've been thrown into. Decent story, but it was stretched out too much. 7/10.
    hmmm i very much remeber this movie very lovely i must say

---------- Post Merged at 21:40 ---------- Previous Post was at 19:38 ----------

for me last strong watched it with my girl friend few weeks ago
    the story line wasnt all there but was just there

my best i watched this yr was all the money in the world
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ied22 View Post
    the story line wasnt all there but was just there
    That's neither here nor there.
    Thanks

You Were Never Really Here (2017)
    A traumatized veteran, unafraid of violence, tracks down missing girls for a living. When a job spins out of control, Joe's nightmares overtake him as a conspiracy is uncovered leading to what may be his death trip or his awakening.
    Very good movie. Joaquin Phoenix is one of may favorite actors. Everything he did excellent. 9/10
    Last edited by Master Razor; 09.04.18 at 03:08.
    Thanks

Ladder 49 (2004)
    One of the best movies I have ever seen.
    10/10

---------- Post Merged on 10.04.18 at 05:09 ---------- Previous Post was on 09.04.18 at 18:08 ----------

Two Lovers (2008)
    10/10
    This movie really makes you think about the choices we make in life. And that sometimes we chase after things that are just not for us. I wonder...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss61
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A...e_Professional

Don't know what to say, I've never bothered to touch this until tonight. Wow, Just wow. 8/10.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The Matrix (1999)

As good as ever. I have already posted my thoughts on it at https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=32194, so have a look there for extended discussion. 10/10.
    You can find the 35mm print on myspleen and hd-torrents.

The.Matrix.1999.35mm.1080p.Cinema.DTS.v2.0

Because of a huge misunderstanding between team members, our previous version of "The Matrix" (v1.0) has wrong color grading. The main problem is a yellow tint in many scenes, which has varying degrees of intensity. Some of the scenes were indeed supposed to be yellow, but others were not, e.g. Neo's interrogation scene. We went back to the print and color corrected the scan, basically from scratch. All color errors should be fixed now, and this release is (finally) accurate to the theatrical print. All scratches, dirt, and other damage have been left in, and the format of the presentation is, once again, a 1080p BD compliant encode.

After all fixes, the color timing of this release is still vastly different from all other versions of "The Matrix" that are commercially available. To the people who're going to dismiss it:
    - No, the DVD version is not theatrically accurate. This release uses a very high quality scan of an original theatrical film print, properly color corrected. It had to be done, because all "The Matrix" prints have intentional color "errors", that get neutralized when projected with a xenon bulb. This release accurately represents the projected print's look.
    - No, the print is not "faded", it's a ridiculous claim which was thrown around quite a lot in comment sections of our earlier releases. Low fade film stocks have been introduced in 1982, all movies produced after that year have used them. The technology kept getting better, so "low fade" means that the color of this print is the same as it was in 1999 and will outlast all of us.

It's likely you don't remember the movie looking like this, but keep in mind that the memory is faulty when it comes to colors. You probably saw the movie once or twice 16 years ago, and since then you've only been exposed to home media versions, all of which have wrong color grading.

The included audio track is the original Cinema DTS (the exact same audio played in the theaters). The optical track from the print (played in theaters without a Cinema DTS setup) was not included because of its extensive damage.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    You can find the 35mm print on myspleen and hd-torrents.
    The description sounds really good, can you pass me a ProLeech torrent of it?

Since the green vs. blue shading for Matrix vs. real world scenes was deliberate, it's interesting to find out I've been seeing the wrong version of it all along. That and I'm down with replacing the DVDRip I downloaded from TL on 2009 with a better copy...
    Thanks

What's a ProLeech?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    What's a ProLeech?
    It's a new feature in BiglyBT Extreme Mod that lets you download torrents without being a member at their corresponding tracker. See https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=346572 onwards.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (11.04.18)

The Village (2004)
    8/10
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast