+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Joal-Desktop (Windows / Linux / Mac)

1. Joal-Desktop (Windows / Linux / Mac) Details »»

Joal-Desktop (Windows / Linux / Mac)

Developer Last Online: Nov 2023 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Rating:  Downloads: 0
      Released: 17.09.17 Last Update: 20.09.17 Installs: 28
      • Supported
      • Re-useable Code
      • Free for all
      • Translations

What is Joal-Desktop
      Joal-Dekstop is somehow a ratio master, the "desktop" version works though a graphical user interface (pictures available at the bottom of this post).
      I initially developped JOAL because i was bored of the .NET framework requirement and i wanted to have a ratio-faker that could work on every OS.

How JOAL compares with other tools
      JOAL RatioMaster Plus mRatio
      OS Windows / Linux / Mac Windows Windows
      Multi-torrent Yes Yes Yes
      Configuration Simple as hell Hard Simple
      Memory reader No Yes Yes
      App updates Automatic on Windows Download needed Download needed
      Clients file updates Automatic Download needed Download needed
      Proxy compliant No Yes Yes
      Multiple language No Yes Yes
      Headless server app Yes No No

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying JOAL is better than other tools around here. It does not cover the same needs. JOAL is focused in providing a simple user experience with multi-os support. It will fit your need if you want to get started with cheating your ratio or if get yourself lost in configuring other tools, but if you are an advanced user (or a developper) you'll find much more configuration opportunities in mRatio or RatioMaster.

How to use it safely
      1. Start the app.
      2. Wait for updates to be checked.
      3. Change the configuration (if needed).
      4. Drag and drop torrents.
      5. Voila!
      6. Click on "stop" before closing the app.

Some tips you need to know to use joal properly:
      Do not use JOAL when your real torrent client is started.
      Try not to froget to press the "STOP" button before closing the app.
      Always download torrents in your regular client before adding them into JOAL.

Where do i download it
      Download it here

On Windows app is auto-updated when you start it.
      On Linux app is auto-updated when you start it.
      On OSX updates must be downloaded manually (because a god damn signing certificate cost $300 a year...)

Preview
      Attachment 18276

Attachment 18277

If you like the project consider adding a star to the repository : https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal-desktop (on the top-right).

Show Your Support

-->
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (04.12.23) , accacc5 (07.08.23) , TonySad (20.02.23) , Howtolean (05.07.22) , blacktide (31.03.22) , giba_bhz (05.03.22) , mmmmm (26.01.22) , uadafac (19.08.21) , dukkey (08.08.21) , araisan113 (02.08.21) , cuntdestroyer69 (17.05.21) , Kuskus (16.05.21) , jpopsuki (15.02.21) , whyme (14.01.21) , fanielle (13.01.21) , XiaBoruoxo (12.01.21) , hop (19.12.20) , JohnareyouOK (10.11.20) , Blocker (08.11.20) , NoNoNoDeSiRe (13.07.20) , AxiomaticDirection (31.03.20) , wolf (16.02.20) , wy188cm (15.10.19) , Raptus (14.10.19) , pedrothelion (03.10.19) , The Dark Knight (09.09.19) , mammamia11 (06.08.19) , handicapped (10.06.19) , CurrentlyDizzy (29.04.19) , Butuca (04.02.19) , Marvelboy (29.01.19) , Alex Li (24.01.19) , ungodly (06.01.19) , bupzepoxi (05.01.19) , bloodpain (20.10.18) , Sayukat (01.10.18) , freeparty94 (19.07.18) , (03.05.18) , sPectre (03.05.18) , Dynamic (20.04.18) , Ilic (18.04.18) , ilneroviaggiatore (21.01.18) , Yale (02.01.18) , alisters91 (29.12.17) , miunes (18.12.17) , darkseb (09.12.17) , piratepiggy (03.12.17) , Warlock (01.12.17) , techsupport (24.10.17) , leeechy (19.10.17) , rdardini (15.10.17) , just4cheat (14.10.17) , gnome9er (13.10.17) , ozymandis (10.10.17) , dereaper (08.10.17) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (29.09.17) , czullo (25.09.17) , Vevonico123 (22.09.17) , RaulCla (21.09.17) , godtorrent (20.09.17) , adamindibi (19.09.17) , cloud99 (19.09.17) , Lucius (18.09.17) , alpacino (18.09.17) , Sazzy (17.09.17) , illusive (17.09.17) , zora (17.09.17) , RaMa (17.09.17) , JRDi69 (17.09.17) , crystal (17.09.17) , josecarmona (17.09.17) , H265 (17.09.17) , anon (17.09.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by james294 View Post
    Hello I am curious what the appropriate min and max upload rate is for my internet connection. download: 76 mbps upload: 50 mbps
    As anon already said, that depends on a lot of factor and there is not perfect answers.
    Nevertheless, i always adivese people to leave it running 24/7 with LOW speed (somewhere between 30 and 70 kbps
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by james294 View Post
    what happens if you add torrent you havent downloaded yet?
    In principle, nothing. JOAL has no way of knowing whether you've already downloaded what you're adding, let alone enforcing that. If tracker staff notice you jumping straight at 100% finished and you don't have plausible deniability (i.e. the torrent isn't something you can find elsewhere in the same exact form), you may get in trouble.

Question for Anthony, why is BitComet emulation deliberately unsupported? I have written BitComet client files for RatioMaster and don't recall any difficulties in doing it accurately; its bad reputation and consequent blacklist status seem the most likely explanation.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (03.09.21)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Question for Anthony, why is BitComet emulation deliberately unsupported? I have written BitComet client files for RatioMaster and don't recall any difficulties in doing it accurately; its bad reputation and consequent blacklist status seem the most likely explanation.
    It's been a long time since i've decided not to emulate BitComet so i might not remember exactly, but one of the reason was the heretic numwant value for every request, it used to change wether you were announcing STARTED, COMPLETED, STOPPED or "NONE", and it was also different if you added the torrent for the first time or restart it from previous sessions...

There was some other weird behavior at some point but i can't remember.

In the end i've considred BitComet a garbage code that does not follow the bittorrent specs and it seems to work by accident. Based on that i've decided not to support such a mess in the hope that people switch to a more trustworthy client (hopefully qBittorrent).
    Despite that i do have client file for other shitty client like utorrent or so...
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 03.09.21 at 22:14.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (03.09.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony-joal View Post
    In the end i've considred BitComet a garbage code that does not follow the bittorrent specs and works by accident. Based on that i've decided not to support such a mess in the hope that people switch to a more trustworthy client (hopefully qBittorrent).
    Sounds reasonable. This, its padding files and the massive amounts of spyware are the reason I stopped making mods for it, too. It's the second worst client in existence after Xunlei.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (03.09.21)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Sounds reasonable. This, its padding files and the massive amounts of spyware are the reason I stopped making mods for it, too. It's the second worst client in existence after Xunlei.
    Didn't knew about about Xunlei looks like a nice peace of garbage code too
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    My my, you're in for a treat.

• Overdownloads; I've observed up to 170% of a torrent's size.
    • Doesn't report progress (probably as a consequence of the point below).
    • I've never managed to download any data from a Xunlei peer. They only leech.

It's the reason most major clients have unofficial addons to ban IPs that use certain peer_ids.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (09.09.21)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    I reinstall it on Mac , but it freezes on the "checking for updates" window.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by goemon01 View Post
    It stuck at the check for update step. Giving error at Java Runtime Environment check, "Undefined error"...

Version: 2.0.6
    Latest Java Runtime installed.
    Thanks

Lightbulb Upload with 0 leechers

I want to know if it's possible to upload even if trere are no leechers.
    I konw it's risky but i would be willing to try that.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_kowalki47 View Post
    I konw it's risky
    ...and that's why the program doesn't allow it. You can explicitly choose to keep torrents that don't have any leechers active (as opposed to auto-removing them), but only with zero fake upload.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anthony-joal View Post
    Exactly it just uploads
    hi,
    there should be "Download" option like ratio master,
    if we only want to to boost ratio, and if we use only seed/upload it will be suspicious, it will be only helpful, if we real download, or only on scene encodes, i think

2nd, as your app work on windows desktop, mac, linux,
    it should also for android mobiles,

3rd, please upload 32 bit version for windows desktop pc

4th, there should be option, if we want to upgrade the joal to latest version or not, not forceful upgrade like windows 10/11 update
    Last edited by JohnWick; 19.03.22 at 04:07.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    there should be "Download" option like ratio master
    Fake download is harder to perform convincingly due to the higher speeds involved and the rampant overseeding on most private trackers. If such a feature was added, people would either get caught easily or wonder why their torrents never start "downloading". Also and as a rule of thumb, if you require more functionality than is already available, you are not within JOAL's target audience (which is fine). The option to keep inactive torrents seeding at 0 KB/s was a notable exception.

2nd, as your app work on windows desktop, mac, linux,
    it should also for android mobiles
    1. Android "ports" of existing programs are actually written from scratch with the goal of being similar and offering comparable functionality. Java applications are no exception, as there is no traditional JRE for Android, and you can't just cross-compile the code as the underlying system is vastly different. Needless to say, this requires extra time and effort.
    2. how many people are actually interested on such a thing as anything other than a novelty? Most private trackers do not allow the use of mobile torrent clients and Internet access for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. What would be the point of having a cheating program for a platform on which real downloading and seeding are an impossibility?
    3. none of the above actually matters, since Anthony mentioned working on a port to Golang, for which an Android interpreter does exist.

3rd, please upload 32 bit version for windows desktop pc
    Guess which processor architecture Java stopped supporting on 2018!

4th, there should be option, if we want to upgrade the joal to latest version or not, not forceful upgrade like windows 10/11 update
    On both cases, there is merit to the decision, although I do agree on making update checks optional nonetheless. Unlike Windows, though, JOAL is free software. You could remove the update check from the code and recompile
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (17.11.22) , JohnWick (26.03.22)

Fake download is harder to perform convincingly due to the higher speeds involved and the rampant overseeding on most private trackers. If such a feature was added, people would either get caught easily or wonder why their torrents never start "downloading". Also and as a rule of thumb, if you require more functionality than is already available, you are not within JOAL's target audience (which is fine). The option to keep inactive torrents seeding at 0 KB/s was a notable exception.

1. Android "ports" of existing programs are actually written from scratch with the goal of being similar and offering comparable functionality. Java applications are no exception, as there is no traditional JRE for Android, and you can't just cross-compile the code as the underlying system is vastly different. Needless to say, this requires extra time and effort.
    2. how many people are actually interested on such a thing as anything other than a novelty? Most private trackers do not allow the use of mobile torrent clients and Internet access for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. What would be the point of having a cheating program for a platform on which real downloading and seeding are an impossibility?
    3. none of the above actually matters, since Anthony mentioned working on a port to Golang, for which an Android interpreter does exist.

Guess which processor architecture Java stopped supporting on 2018!

On both cases, there is merit to the decision, although I do agree on making update checks optional nonetheless. Unlike Windows, though, JOAL is free software. You could remove the update check from the code and recompile
    i found another android app, which is working good, but features are same like joal,i mean no [fake] download feature,
    my real issue is when i real download 0day p0rn torrents from private trackers in windows desktop pc/laptop, my real issue is there no leecher or only 1 leacher, so i want there should be a method, we create some type of website (free one, some sites provide limited hosting), that only fake seed with 0kb.
    Last edited by JohnWick; 26.03.22 at 22:05.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    This is my favorite ratio program. I tried the other ones but they were confusing and would not report the upload data 1/2 the time. Plus it has a nice GUI. I left the thing on for over 24 hours by mistake and I had over a terabyte of upload that went through. It was by no means a top tier private tracker but still no missing upload data and no one noticed.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (17.11.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    my real issue is when i real download 0day p0rn torrents from private trackers in windows desktop pc/laptop, my real issue is there no leecher or only 1 leacher, so i want there should be a method, we create some type of website (free one, some sites provide limited hosting), that only fake seed with 0kb.
    I don't see the connection between that and the need for an Android app that can fake download... anyway, I have explained the downsides and pitfalls of this idea last time you brought it up. If this is an important matter and you can't or don't want to set up a minicomputer to serve as a fake seedbox, I suggest renting an ultra-cheap VPS and installing JOAL or BBTEM on it (preferably the former as BiglyBT's console and headless modes are extremely difficult to use). http://www.lowendtalk.com/ and https://lowendbox.com/ will help.

On a sidenote, make sure Doze or battery saver mode never put that app you found to sleep, or else you may encounter an unpleasant surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by blacktide View Post
    I left the thing on for over 24 hours by mistake and I had over a terabyte of upload that went through.
    Well, that's why the speed values are configurable
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (17.11.22)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast