+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redacted (PassTheHeadphones)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54

Redacted (PassTheHeadphones)

Redacted, not long ago was named PassTheHeadphones. Before they decided not to sound like a PTP sister site. Its one of the music trackers that came out after the fall of What.

• Launch time: November 25th, 2016
    • Uses ratio system, no bonus points
    • You can join via invite system, or by taking the interview. More info

IRC server : irc.scratch-network.net
    SSL Ports: 6697 or 7000
    #redacted
    #RED-invites (interviews)

• Cheating experiences here.

Spoiler PU Invite forum:

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

THC (09.04.17) , Lucas Kane (03.03.17) , alpacino (28.02.17) , illusive (24.02.17) , Instab (24.02.17) , Codec (24.02.17) , anon (24.02.17)

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    PU invite forum update
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	if2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	17998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	if1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	17997  
    Last edited by illusive; 06.07.17 at 17:44.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Andmyaxe (22.12.17) , FubareD (20.09.17) , THC (12.08.17) , latres (09.07.17) , alpacino (07.07.17) , dreamer (06.07.17) , H265 (06.07.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    40 freeleech tokens given to all users on redacted. They will expire after a few weeks. Use them quickly!

Last week we looked back with fondness and a touch of sadness to the days of What.CD. And now: It is time to celebrate! Exactly one year ago servers were configured, packages were installed, and hard drives were partitioned to create a new website known today as Redacted. Thanks to the tireless effort you have all contributed to the site and our current and former staff, Redacted matured quickly and established the largest private collection of music available anywhere: We hit 1 Million torrents in June (just seven months!) and now have well over half a million perfect FLACs. We are as excited to be here as we were on day 1, and are glad you've decided to come along with us. Let's get this party started!
    What would a celebration be without great music? Please enjoy 20 freeleech tokens and use them to grab the recommendations below or anything else you wish below 2 GB. Today's picks come from our tireless Front-Line Support team members as well as our Forum Moderators, all of whom work hard every day to keep our forms a safe and engaging place for discussion. (Plus one extra pick for good measure.)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY [REDACTED] DAY TWO - 20 more tokens

And the party rolls on! To give you something to read while your cakes are baking, some of our staff members have decided to step out from behind the curtain and have agreed to be interviewed by members of our community. You can check out the interviews here: [Redacted]. And because Redacted is all about the music as always, please find some more picks and tokens below!
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (25.11.17)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    some of our staff members have decided to step out from behind the curtain and have agreed to be interviewed by members of our community
    oh how generous
    seems they're just as full of themselves as the what.cd guys have been. from that point of view i guess they're a successful successor
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Oh, but this could be better than the What.cd staff interviews of '09:
    • Which people know you're staff on the best music tracker ever in real life?
    • What would you do if you saw someone wearing a What.cd shirt?
    • Do you think What.cd needs more female staff members?
    • Which other member of the staff would you fight on a deathmatch and why?
    • If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes My memcached is failing, please stand by...

Anyway, as long as I can keep grabbing music, I don't even care
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (27.11.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    puff: Hi Acai

Acai: Hello puff.

puff: Sorry, I picked up too many Acai berries before the interview. I've gotten you mixed up with the rest. Which berry are you? https://ptpimg.me/5b7xf7.jpg

Acai: If you look at the very top right of the photo, you can see what appears to be a toothbrush reflection... (is it really?) That is not me at all. If you look at the berry in the very middle of the photo between the two hands, you can find me. Is the berry falling out of the hand, or is it in the basket?

puff: I'd say the berry is falling out of the hand, but it's hard to tell with all the Acai. Anyways, *eats the others*. Now that I can focus my attention on the proper Acai, I'd like to ask you some questions. How proud are you of what Redacted has accomplished in its first year?

Acai: Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. The amount of dedication from users on the site is something I will never be able to properly express. As I am typing, the site has about 1.2 million total torrents.

puff: Do you think the level of growth that Redacted has experienced can continue throughout next year?

Acai: A large "thank you" to everyone who has contributed to the site. Any contribution through mediums such as torrent uploads, reports, collage creations, etc. is vastly appreciated by all of us. The site has room to grow from a technical aspect and we are offering recruitment to new users via interview, being invited by a close friend, or official recruitment. I cannot personally predict growth in the long run, but we are open to it.

puff: That's great to hear. So, if you had to come up with an analogy for you and Redacted, what would it be? Are you the peel to the banana or, maybe, the goo to the shoot?

Acai: One Acai a day keeps free radicals away*. (* Results may vary.)

puff: Will the Brookside dark chocolate covered Acai berries they sell at Costco work?

Acai: I have never been to Costco. I would assume they sell 52 boxes of them in a single "pack". Read the nutritional information. Do not do drugs (except caffeine, consume lots of that). (The too long, did not read version is maybe.)

puff: We're going shopping at Costco someday, together. Do you plan on personally celebrating Redacted's first birthday outside of any surprises and events you (and the rest of staff) have planned?

Acai: I typed a long answer, but the content was Redacted. Use your buffer to download releases that are missing in your library. You will thank me later.

puff: Users pronounce your name in many different ways. Was this confusion a factor in your choosing of this name? How do you pronounce it, and have you ever accidentally pronounced it incorrectly?

Acai: puff says asayee; is it correct? "Berryman," "hey guy," and "swami" are also popular choices. How do you pronounce it?

puff: Spot on, swami. To be specific, I pronounce it ass eye yee. Do you frequently eat Acai berries? How about bananas? Kiwis?

Acai: Consuming fruit is part of my daily routine. Please hold the fruit flies.

puff: If you were locked inside a building and had to survive solely on one fruit for five years, which fruit would you choose? Please keep the nutrition, taste, and fulfillment of your possible choices in mind when choosing.

Acai: Psidium guajava

puff: Hey guy, do you eat Psidium guajava with or without skin? Do you have any habits regarding skin when it comes to eating berry fruits (such as bananas, kiwis, and coffee beans)?

Acai: Neither, juice over ice is the preferable intake method, guy. Regarding your second question, guy, no skin and a variety of coffee beans.

puff: When you became Sysop, you stopped being Bono on https://ptpimg.me/642a3g.png. Did you lose any sleep over it? If you could replace Sadistic with the real Michael Dell, would you do so?

Acai: I am the XPS now. Less sleep means more music. Sadistic uses a proper Duvel Tulip; irreplaceable.

puff: Sadistic always tells me his hammer is over 5 meters long. He must be lying... right?

Acai: Accurate. Be good.

puff: Hopefully he won't hit me with it for asking the next question. Do you watch anime? Would you consider watching an anime and trading fanarts of your best girl with me?

Acai: I do not watch any at the moment. I am always open to trying something "new".

puff: The real question is: with or without puff?

Acai: Depends on the context.

puff: Maybe during a sysop internship? If you had to choose between that and never surpassing What.CD numbers, which would you choose and why?

Acai: Option three: excited to see where Redacted will be a year from now. No sysop internships are available at this time, sorry puff. Maybe next time.

puff: Is that a no to the anime (girls)?

Acai:

• puff is now known as sadpuff

sadpuff: If a merchandise store is set up, will you violate Disney copyright and sell Nala plushies? Also, how much Redacted memorabilia would you buy?

Acai: I would buy all of it, including the Nala plushies.

sadpuff: You wouldn't leave any for me?

Acai: 1.

sadpuff: That's not enough for me. I'm sorry.

• sadpuff has left the interview

one of the interviews I stpped reading after this one
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    If you invite strangers they will lock your account and the invitee and inviter will go through an interview process in order to enable the accounts. You will have to explain where you meet your invitees, how you know them...etc
    Last edited by Instab; 02.12.17 at 18:37. Reason: please don't use bold for everything
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    If you invite strangers they will lock your account and the invitee and inviter will go through an interview process in order to enable the accounts. You will have to explain where you meet your invitees, how you know them...etc
    but how they know if your invitee is stranger? or they are doing this randomly?
    Last edited by Instab; 02.12.17 at 18:37. Reason: bold removed
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by axanon1 View Post
    but how they know if your invitee is stranger? or they are doing this randomly?
    It didn't happen to me but i guess that when the see many invitees from different countries then they would lock your account. This happened to a few users on exigo and they posted this in the forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q9oIvnq.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	18447
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The unfortunate fact of reality is that if we only invited people we know personally, trackers would have serious trouble growing. Very few people I know are into torrents, and none of them would want to join a place like Redacted where it's so hard to keep a good ratio and there are millions of rules (and it's not because I'm a yeti, it's like this for everyone else). The important thing is that invitees follow the rules, not if they're your best friend or where they're from. If the official answer is that you can point your e-buddies to the interview if they want to join, why not remove invites altogether
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (11.12.17)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    anyone know if this policy or rule it's in more trackers?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    All trackers have an "only invite people you know" policy, but this is the first time I've actually seen it enforced.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    All trackers have an "only invite people you know" policy, but this is the first time I've actually seen it enforced.
    yes but i am talking about lock the account and inteview to inviter and his invitee
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by axanon1 View Post
    yes but i am talking about lock the account and inteview to inviter and his invitee
    Brokenstones does the same thing but they are only doing this when they find out one of the invitees is a seller/trader.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

axanon1 (05.12.17) , anon (03.12.17)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    This sucks! Hope it doesn't become a new trend.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast