+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orpheus Network (formerly Apollo, Xanax)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54

Orpheus Network (formerly Apollo, Xanax)

Apollo, formerly known as Xanax is a music tracker launched after the fall of What.cd. They released the site on november 19th, 2016. Although official launch wasnt until Nov 25.

NASA's Apollo mission setting foot on the moon on Nov 19, 1969. Coincidence or purpose of the name?

• Site functions with ratio system and no bonus points
    • No banned countries so far
    • Join method is by invite only. No official word on recruitment via interviews yet
    • Users at the moment: 40.000
    • Torrents: 647.000

IRC: Server: irc.apollo.rip Port: 6667 or +7000 for SSL

#APOLLO - Main channel for general chat. New users join this channel by default.
    #announce - Site announce channel where new uploads are announced.
    #help - Help & support.
    #disabled - For disabled users seeking to be re-enabled.

• Cheat experiences on Apollo here.

Spoiler Invites forum (Elite+):

Power users and above, receive invites on 8th and 22nd of each month. Ammount deppends on userclass. (As stated in the wiki).

If there's anything missing, or you wanna know more just let me know.
    Last edited by FubareD; 23.02.17 at 23:02.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mon (06.09.18) , THC (09.04.17) , alpacino (27.02.17) , Instab (23.02.17) , latres (23.02.17) , Rebound (23.02.17) , illusive (23.02.17) , anon (23.02.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by FubareD View Post
    NASA's Apollo mission setting foot on the moon on Nov 19, 1969. Coincidence or purpose of the name?
    Their name comes from the Greek god of music (and the previous one, from their intent to make the tracker a cure for the anxiety of having lost What.cd). Interesting coincidence nonetheless.

Thanks for the review!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

THC (09.04.17)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    It has interviews, aint it?

My current to-go tracker for music even though i am on Red too (aka pth). Easier to buffer, friendlier community, whatever i request gets uploaded really fast. The Greek god of music indeed :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    They mention an interviews channel on their Wiki, but I couldnt find any other trace of it. If you did, let me know and I'll gladly update the OP.

Yeah, I mostly use Apollo, little times I've found the need of looking for a cd on PTH, as apollo being my first source.

Besides that, due to the fact of ratio economics, the past free leech or some other factor, their top 250 uploaders have a much bigger buffer than the ones on PTH, which means that I have a bigger buffer on apollo as well. :-D
    Last edited by FubareD; 23.02.17 at 21:02.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

(02.12.20)

P2P Client
    qbittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss322
    Quote Originally Posted by latres View Post
    It has interviews, aint it?

My current to-go tracker for music even though i am on Red too (aka pth). Easier to buffer, friendlier community, whatever i request gets uploaded really fast. The Greek god of music indeed :)
    You can build a decent buffer on red by using mratio. Download the freeleech torrents and use low upload speeds. Both apl and red have weak anti cheat scripts right now.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    Imo as long as you stay out of the TOP10/250, you're fine. High speeds work with WM.

Right now I wouldnt do more than what these images show.

In result of apollo being my first source.
    Last edited by FubareD; 24.02.17 at 03:38.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.02.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by latres View Post
    Yeah, I mostly use Apollo, little times I've found the need of looking for a cd on PTH, as apollo being my first source.
    Redacted has more torrents right now, but I get the feeling that one year from now Apollo is going to be the What.cd to RED's Waffles.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (24.02.17)

P2P Client
    qbittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss322
    If you increase your paranoia settings then you won't appear in the top 250 list.
    Last edited by Codec; 24.02.17 at 08:05.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

(02.07.21) , (13.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Codec View Post
    If you increase your paranoia settings then you won't appear in the top 250 list.
    Paranoia doesn't hide anything from staff members So yes, it's important not to stand out.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Codec (24.02.17)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss54
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Paranoia doesn't hide anything from staff members So yes, it's important not to stand out.
    Yeah, it doesnt apply to staffers, thats true. But if what Codec says (Which I believe him ofc) is true, then.. I can get away with some more and not being shown in the Top list.

The only risk factor would be if someone from the staff for some reason checks my profile. It'd be pure greed, 1tb+ is enough for apollo. But hey :-)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The only risk factor would be if someone from the staff for some reason checks my profile.
    Oh, just put this screenshot somewhere there and they'll leave you alone.

Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (25.02.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    #Update

New Logchecker

It's coming... it's COMING... SOON (TM)... IT'S HERE!

The long awaited, highly anticipated, definitely not amalgamated brand spanking new logchecker has arrived.

The new logchecker contains a lot of new features and improvements compared to the previous one. The most important of these are:
    Verifies submitted logs against the EAC/XLD logchecker
    No more log boosting
    Translates EAC logs in non-English languages to English for viewing on the site with accurate scores
    Allows trumping of torrents that are missing or have invalid checksums (primarily affecting EAC 0.99 rips)
    EAC 0.95 and earlier versions are given a -30 deduction
    Not being able to verify gap handling is -10 points
    Gap handling appended to next track is -5 points
    Unrecognized logs are given a score of 0 instead of 1
    Stores the raw log files (as well as the parsed log) to allow for easier future re-scoring

What happens to all existing logs?

We will make sure all existing logs will be rescored with the new logchecker. This process might take a few weeks. As soon as the rescoring is completed, there will be a graceperiod in which the original uploaders can replace any torrents that do not score 100 anymore in the new logchecker. Once this grace period has ended, anybody is free to trump these torrents!

We will announce when this graceperiod starts and ends.

You can view this forum thread to comment and point out any bugs. As always, your suggestions for improvements are welcome.

The Dearly Departed

Time marches on and with the passing of time some of our staffers realized that time was moving them in another direction. With that being said, we bid adieu to some great people who helped put hammer to nail, drilled the holes to place the screws, cement the bricks, lay the floor tiles and wired the lighting; building and supporting our home and library:

B
    D
    L
    S
    Ellipsis
    EZLN
    Merlin
    Mirai
    Sea

Each of them served Apollo in their own unique way, making contributions of time, effort and sweat. They will not be forgotten.

The Newly Acquired

Making their way to the stage are Apollo's bright new stars. New people bring new ideas to tackle the old challenges that seem to rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune times. They are up for these tasks. And heeerrre they are!

Forum Moderators
    Codec
    Eszett
    Justaplant
    KJuice
    Pratt

Moderators
    Alpha
    Spine
    TheGodParticle

Developers
    W

Administrators
    Athena

Congratulations, salutations, balloons, party hats and noise makers to the outstanding newly minted members of our fabulous FLS squad. FLS are the ones who oil the gears, polish the knobs, delve into the nooks and crannies and do all the tiny tasks which add up to solving those huge problems we can't attend to. They get more done with a roll of handi-wipes than a foreman could with a full industrial strength work crew and git 'er done' in half the time! Our IN-team has formed into a solid unit. The gatekeepers are back in full swing once again.

We are rapidly approaching our one year anniversary. You can only guess what surprises are in store, the future holds many mysteries. We ain't making no grandiose promises of pie in the sky or raining M&Ms, but we think you're going to like what's coming down the alley. And it sure ain't no bowling ball!

TTFN.

With huge, tremendous and very nice amounts of love,
    ~APL Staff
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (16.12.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    APL update

Happy birthday Apollo!

Today, exactly one year ago, the site today known as Apollo opened it's doors to thousands of heartbroken music lovers, following the loss of What.CD. This day, November 24th, marks the anniversary of our tracker!

We would like to take this moment to thank everyone that helped us become one of the biggest private trackers on the net. Because of the tireless community effort put into uploads, we now have a whopping 677 thousand torrents (322k perfect FLACs) and there is still room for more!! In addition to the music, we also have an amazing community, both on the forums and IRC!

A special thanks goes out to all Charlie team members, Interview team members and First-Line Support team members! These members have sacrificed a lot of their precious time in order to make Apollo a great place.

And last but not least, we want to thank every single donor - we wouldn't have been here without you! Security is not cheap, so every single bit counts! Thank you for your generosity!

'Nuff said, where's my birthday present?

Bonus Points have arrived!

To celebrate our birthday, we've launched our brand-spanking new Bonus Point (BP) system will be active as of today! To start off with a bang, everyone has been gifted 10 000 BP, to spend on anything you like in our Bonus Points Shop!

What are Bonus Points?
    Bonus Points (BP) are an extra reward for seeding and uploading torrents on Apollo. Instead of just getting upload credit for sending data to another user, you will get BP for uploading a torrent to the site, or for seeding a torrent.

Bonus Points Shop
    You can view the amount of BP you have earned on the top of every Apollo page, although the exact location will differ for the different stylesheets. Clicking it will bring you to the Bonus Points shop, where you can exchange all your hard-earned BP for something nice!

Currently it's possible to buy and give away FL tokens and to buy custom titles. However, there will be lots of cool options in the future! If you think you have more good ideas for items in the BP Store, make sure to drop them in the suggestions forum.

How can you earn Bonus Points?
    There are currently two ways to gain BP on Apollo: by uploading new torrents and by seeding torrents you have downloaded or uploaded. Apart from these two regular ways to earn BP.

Seeding
    BP will be given out for seeding according to the following formula:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HgKFqny.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	18441

The amount of hourly BP will be calculated with this formula for each torrent, and the total amount of BP (for all the torrents you are seeding) will be added to your profile hourly. It is important to know that the seedtime mentioned in this formula is the total seedtime. For example: if you seed a torrent for 12 hours a day for 50 days, your seedtime on that torrent would be 25 days.

Notice that with this BP formula, torrents that have a just a few seeders will give a lot more BP than torrents with a lot of seeders. Also, the longer you are seeding a torrent, the more BP you will get. As long as you are seeding them, you will get BP for both uploaded and snatched torrents!

For an overview of all the torrents you are currently seeding, and the BP you are earning with that, have a look at this page!

Uploading
    You will also be awarded Bonus Points for uploading torrents, the amount of given BP depends on the kind of torrent that you upload:
    Uploading a perfect FLAC (both 16- and 24 bit count) - 200 BP
    Uploading an MP3 320, V0, or V2 or non-perfect FLAC - 30 BP
    Uploading a lossy audio torrent that is not one of the 'perfect' MP3 formats. (e.g. MP3 256 or AAC) - 10 BP

This means if you upload a perfect FLAC, and all 3 'perfect' MP3 formats for a given release, you will receive 290 Bonus Points!

Did you find any bugs?
    We did our best to make this feature as bug-free as possible. However, since it is a big implementation, there might still be a bug or two. If you managed to find one, please report it in this thread and we will resolve it ASAP!

Donor system changes

In response to our announcement 10 days ago, we received a lot of good suggestions from the userbase, on how to make donating more attractive and easier. We have decided to implement many of these suggestions, in no special order:

Donations will be rewarded with Bonus Points. For every dollar you donate, you will be awarded 100 BP. For example: a 10 USD donation will give you 1000 BP.

Option for donating in other cryptocurrencies. You are now able to donate via BitCoin, Ethereum, Monero, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Dash as well.

Option for donating with Credit/Debit Card are now also possible. Your donation will automatically be converted to Ethereum and sent to us. (Min. 50 USD donation required)

Staff changes

We have recruited a new developer, Bifrost! Bifrost has been a great help during the development of the new IRC bot and we are sure will be a great help in the future as well! Give Bifrost a warm welcome!

itismadness has been promoted to Lead Developer! Very well deserved, as iim has spent countless of hours developing most (if not all!!) of the APL infrastructure and features, including the new logchecker and BP system!

Happy first birthday Apolloians, and as always:

Love,
    ~APL Staff
    Last edited by H265; 25.11.17 at 07:19.
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (16.12.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The unfortunate fact is that while music trackers are hard to seed on, a bonus system could kill retention (and in turn, the tracker itself) if not implemented correctly. It'd be like printing more money to solve a crisis. They will never let you exchange points for upload, obviously, but handing freeleech like candy is also detrimental.

Of course, I don't doubt they've thought all of this out beforehand Waffles is an example of this concept done right, let's see what happens here...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    this tracker now has bonus points, it should be added on review
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast