+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Software Discussions

Total Commander
    TC is a Shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows® 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, and Windows® 3.1. In other words it is very similar to Norton Commander for those that actually used it. The learning curve is big but it will be worth it.

I've tried: xyplorer, xplorer2, q-dir, diropus and they all failed to suit my needs. I'm a man that always needs to run with multiple tabs/folders. For daily use I require 12 folders to be up at all times. TC was the only one to suit my needs, granted I HATE Orthodox File Managers but it's way better than xyplorer or xplorer2.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    TC is a Shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows® 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, and Windows® 3.1.
    And Windows CE, and Android, and it's great There is a clone called Double Commander which is nearly identical in functionality, but open source. I didn't switch to it to avoid spending time reconfiguring everything from scratch, but I highly recommend trying it out.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (06.06.17)

I'm looking for a screenshot capture tool that will also allow annotation (text, graphics, lines, the works). Looking for something similar to Snipping Tool in windows (just select area, and open image for editing). Do you guys know anything good? Currently using FastStone Capture.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 06.06.17 at 02:22.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    When screen capturing mentioned, I can't think of any other thing than Snagit. I'm not sure about capturing lines/text but for images, it is the top one. Official site is techsmith.com
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    When screen capturing mentioned, I can't think of any other thing than Snagit. I'm not sure about capturing lines/text but for images, it is the top one. Official site is techsmith.com
    I agree with you but sometimes you may want a simple and portable application to do this job I start using tool called ShareX it's simple and portable and nearly do same job.
    Thanks

nomacs
    nomacs is a free, open source image viewer, which supports multiple platforms. You can use it for viewing all common image formats including RAW and psd images.

The best replacement for Irfanview, and supports Windows, Linux and MAC.
    Thanks

Synergy
    Synergy combines your desktop devices together in to one cohesive experience. It's software for sharing your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It works on Windows, macOS and Linux.
    I'm affraid this is the only one that works correctly on all operating systems.

Never mind - it's a flawed software. DO NOT USE IT!
    Last edited by Master Razor; 24.03.18 at 22:09.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    LameXP

My favourite audio file converter

LameXP is a graphical user-interface (GUI front-end) for various of audio encoders and decoders: It allows you to convert your audio files from one audio format to another one in the most simple way. Despite its name, LameXP is not only a front-end for the LAME MP3 encoder, but supports a wide range of output formats, including MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, AAC/MP4, FLAC, AC-3 and Wave Audio. The number of supported input formats is even bigger! Furthermore LameXP not only runs on Windows XP, but also on Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well as other operating systems. 32-Bit and 64-Bit systems are supported.

Note: Some Antivirus programs mistakenly detect Malware (Virus, Trojan, etc.) in official LameXP downloads. This is a FALSE POSITIVE!
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lam...atest/download
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    That's grand, but the best audio converter is...

(Options? You don't need that... but there are a few, in case you still think you do.)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbittorrent; RM+
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss793
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    LameXP

My favourite audio file converter

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lam...atest/download
    I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and as Encoder lame :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    MPV Player

mpv is a fork of mplayer2 and MPlayer. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more.
    MPV is my favourite media player. It is pretty much the perfect example of a modern, minimal application.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpv-screenshot-34cd36ae.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	19087
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    We need a fork of mplayer that can use the Enhanced Video Renderer under Windows I haven't been able to make hardware-accelerated video work on my hardware through any other means.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    qBittorrent

The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, macOS, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD). qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
    https://www.qbittorrent.org/
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Youtube-dl

youtube-dl is a command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites. It requires the Python interpreter (2.6, 2.7, or 3.2+), and it is not platform specific. We also provide a Windows executable that includes Python. youtube-dl should work in your Unix box, in Windows or in Mac OS X. It is released to the public domain, which means you can modify it, redistribute it or use it however you like.
    https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

f.lux

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
    https://justgetflux.com/

Mp3tag

Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

It supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags for multiple files at once covering a variety of audio formats.

Furthermore, it supports online database lookups from, e.g., Discogs, MusicBrainz or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and download cover art for your music library.

You can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

MakeMKV

MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.

Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
    Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
    Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
    Preserves chapters information
    Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
    Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
    No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
    Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
    Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
    All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
    https://www.makemkv.com/

MKVToolNix

MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows
    https://mkvtoolnix.download/

7-zip

7-Zip is free software with open source. The most of the code is under the GNU LGPL license. Some parts of the code are under the BSD 3-clause License. Also there is unRAR license restriction for some parts of the code. Read 7-Zip License information.

You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.

The main features of 7-Zip
    High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
    Supported formats:
    Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
    Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
    For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
    Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
    Self-extracting capability for 7z format
    Integration with Windows Shell
    Powerful File Manager
    Powerful command line version
    Plugin for FAR Manager
    Localizations for 87 languages
    7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT.
    https://www.7-zip.org/
    Last edited by H265; 19.12.18 at 16:34.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.12.18)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    MakeMKV
    Nice, I was using mencoder for the task, but this looks much easier to use.

MKVToolNix was already in my arsenal.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast