+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 83 of 83

Thread: The Best Software Thread

  1. #76
    Cent Browser (Chromium)

    I also installed this browser, its best feature is we can add .crx extensions manually, while Chrome and other chromium do not allow outside of chrome web store. Maxthon Cloud Browser is also chromium, it also allow us to install .crx from outside of chrome webstore by drag and drop, but i uninstall it because it does not show option to add dns in browser.

    I have installed, Chrome as my primary browser, others are Iridium browser (Chromium), Cent browser (Chromium) and Opera browser.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  2. #77
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    37,604
    Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    its best feature is we can add .crx extensions manually, while Chrome and other chromium do not allow outside of chrome web store.
    ungoogled-chromium supports this too, see https://github.com/ungoogled-softwar...g-the-crx-file. The developer mode workaround apparently no longer works in vanilla Chrom(e|ium). Personally, I don't use any extensions - they require extra memory and the impulse to build the "perfect" collection can be very addictive - but for most others this can be a deal breaker.

    Whenever you try a new browser, I recommend checking its background network requests with Wireshark. You'll see most can't keep their mouth shut, even when asked to
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  3. Who Said Thanks:

    JohnWick (21.09.21)

  4. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ungoogled-chromium supports this too, see https://github.com/ungoogled-softwar...g-the-crx-file. The developer mode workaround apparently no longer works in vanilla Chrom(e|ium). Personally, I don't use any extensions - they require extra memory and the impulse to build the "perfect" collection can be very addictive - but for most others this can be a deal breaker.

    Whenever you try a new browser, I recommend checking its background network requests with Wireshark. You'll see most can't keep their mouth shut, even when asked to
    Yes, i know about ungoogle chromium also support extension manually,
    but it seems headache to me,
    we need extension for chrome web store and also link should be book mark.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  5. #79
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    37,604
    Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    we need extension for chrome web store and also link should be book mark.
    Give my link a closer look, because you can find both there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  6. #80
    Advanced User Renk's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.08.08
    Location
    Elsewhere
    P2P Client
    utorrent
    Posts
    562
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss562
    I just 2 days ago installed on ungoogled chromium extensions from the Google. I followed the steps explained here.
    https://github.com/NeverDecaf/chromium-web-store

    Essentially, you have to "bootstrap" extensions installation mechanism in first installing the extension chromium-web-store. It's a bit tricky, but the site above explain it well, and you only have to do that one time.
    Last edited by Renk; 03.10.21 at 08:04.
    Primo Avulso Non Deficit Alter
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  7. #81
    Member illusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.10.10
    P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Posts
    467
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss467
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Did you ever try AIMP 3 instead? When I did, I deleted Winamp instantly.
    I did, I went back to winamp

    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You win the SB-I award to good taste! Winamp 2.95 forever

    For Android, I like MX Player. It works and can also play video.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  8. Who Said Thanks:

    (08.10.21)

  9. #82
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    37,604
    Activity Longevity
    10/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss37604
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    Essentially, you have to "bootstrap" extensions installation mechanism in first installing the extension chromium-web-store. It's a bit tricky, but the site above explain it well, and you only have to do that one time.
    ungoogled-chromium can't include this functionality out of principle, and because third-party forks of Google's software are not allowed to use the Store, Sync, SafeBrowsing, etc. without obtaining their own API key (which they would never grant in this particular case). The latter reason makes it somewhat surprising that the extension does work...

    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    I did, I went back to winamp
    With plugins, you can play modern formats like AAC and FLAC without drama. Furthermore, during the XP days, it was the only music player that could do kernel streaming at all and without lag in my hardware (if you don't know what kernel streaming is, be happy, we have advanced so much since). I'm glad it doesn't need to make or receive Internet connections to work, though, because it's a program from 2003 after all.

    Using the proprietary and wakelock-heavy MX Player on Android is a shame for me, but none of the alternatives are good enough. Vanilla Music came close, but skips songs partially or completely at random (the read-ahead feature didn't solve that). VLC is very good for video, but what's the point of having to switch between two apps when one is only a partial replacement for the other. And for the record, my experiments revealed the old stock player (the one called simply "Music" with a black speaker icon) has the lowest power consumption, but it was too basic for my taste.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  10. #83
    Member illusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.10.10
    P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Posts
    467
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss467
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    VLC is very good for video, but what's the point of having to switch between two apps when one is only a partial replacement for the other.
    I used to use MX Player but VLC really been a must have app (On Windows & Android) so I ended up using it for everything nowadays.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •