Thread: External HDD vs Adaptor and internal HDD

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Same as anons concerns. But I can tell u that it will only fit the 2.5" as the 3.5" is bigger

If portability and large capacity is really ur only concern then a 2.5" external is the way to go but if ur concerned bout capacity on top of portability and durability then my recommendation for docking station would be my preference. There are models that accept 3.5" or 2.5" or 3.5" and 2.5".

But if ur only concern is portability and that is ur only concern then u really cant go past large capacity usb drives. If ur gona write and rewrite to it many times just expect to fork out the cash that comes with this portability and convenience cos ur gona need to replace it if u write and over write a lot. Not my preference for large file transfers and often deleting and writing.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (20.01.16)

anon, don't back away from this. Say something, say anything...

Discuss this: http://h.dropcanvas.com/qpkyu/Untitled%20Diagram.png

The maximum it should pull is 1.5A, the minimum is 700mA which is better than 500mA in my oppinion.

So, bottom line:
    https://conectica.ro/adaptoare-conve...t-delock-61883
    https://conectica.ro/cabluri/cabluri...t-delock-83176

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 10/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    if you want to use it for seeding/leeching torrents, stay away from USB. this protocol is crap. I had I/O errors on three USB drives (all different enclosures and different drives, one being SSD) on weekly basis. After 3 months I gave them up and installed them as internal HDD. Since then, no more I/O errors.

this being said, there is one exception, I have one USB enclosure (with a SSD) that only failed me a couple of times (always this fu**** I/O error) in the last 6 months:
    click me
    I use it as my primary drive for new torrents, so it is by far the most used.

I also bought a top USB cable (there is is guy from Google USA who spent his work life testing all possible USB3 cables bought from Amazon, the differences between cables are astonishing for something that should be simple to make)
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (02.08.16) , Master Razor (02.08.16)

Since I posted here, I took a leap of faith and bought this: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash...=1&*entries*=0
    An SSD USB drive. I tested on some torrents and it worked extremely well: 10MB/s download with ~2MN/s upload. It heated like crazy but worked without errors or disconnection. Your problem was no doubt the cable.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by molosse View Post
    if you want to use it for seeding/leeching torrents, stay away from USB. this protocol is crap. I had I/O errors on three USB drives (all different enclosures and different drives, one being SSD) on weekly basis. After 3 months I gave them up and installed them as internal HDD. Since then, no more I/O errors.
    I once had the same problem with a USB 2.0 enclosure, but the files being seeded were on a 2Tware virtual disk, so I didn't know which one to blame.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 10/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Since I posted here, I took a leap of faith and bought this: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash...=1&*entries*=0
    An SSD USB drive. I tested on some torrents and it worked extremely well: 10MB/s download with ~2MN/s upload. It heated like crazy but worked without errors or disconnection. Your problem was no doubt the cable.
    It wasn't the cable, the one that works now is the same I used with my other SSD connected to a Goflex enclosure.
    The 2 SDD I used are also identical. the only thing that changed was the enclosure. But still, USB is not designed for high I/O
    By the way, this is the link to check Google's review of USB 3 cable.
    I bought mine in a shop but it was one of Benson's 5-star cables.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12