+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Windows Lite Thread

The Windows Lite Thread

A long time ago I started to make some lite versions of windows, mainly windows 7 and 8 that were as little as 800MB installers and approx 2GB installed size. The editions were a complete success however, due to lack of time, money, hardware, and people to test, I gave up working on new editions.

This thread is dedicated to those that want to help me create the new OS, windows 10, lite. Only this time we are not focusing on performance, instead we focus on privacy holes. For the time being we need to see exactly what kind data it is sending, what stage (gpt loader, pe, desktop), what ports/layer is it using. Probably the way to achieve this is through wireshark on a test PC and scan everything that comes out of the blasted thing.

After that we will make the list of files to be removed. Probably net and powershell will have to be removed, as much as possible to cripple any automated tasks, and/or capability of something the be installed remotely (by them or any other party). As well as some functions of that tcp/ip protocol of theirs.

So... Any volunteers, skilled or otherwise, willing to help me? This involves a lot of testing, a lot of trial-and-error but it is doable.
    They'll still be able to receive some of your data but at least we'll cripple most of them.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Someone posted a "privacy" edition of Windows 10 on TPB. You could get in touch with him and exchange some ideas. The guy at lite8.webnode.com also does good stuff, though I don't know if his releases include privacy enhancements.

I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 8.1 or 10 anytime soon, but if you ever do another 7 release I'll definitely install it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread