Thread: Pisi Linux

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Pisi Linux

Hey folksies!

I was perusing the DW pages and this newer linux distro was recently released as can be seen when visiting the front page of the website.

I noticed that Pisi Linux is based on Pardus which is itself based upon Debian Testing. However, Pisi is independently based. None too sure on what though. Regardless, it's kind of a breath of fresh air in my opinion as so many distros, if you've noticed, are 'buntu' -based. And that itself is already 'old hat', if you understand my meaning.

Pisi Linux is a GNU/Linux distribution based on the old Pardus Linux with its famous PiSi package management system. It's an operating system for desktop computer with software for listening to music, browsing the Internet and creating documents. Pisi Linux is built from scratch on a stable base, but many core user applications, such as the Firefox web browser or the VLC media player, are kept constantly up to date. To increase the distribution's user friendliness, Flash player and many multimedia codecs are installed and pre-configured for immediate use
    Here's the link for that: DistroWatch.com: Pisi Linux

When going through the list of what is up-to-date with this distro, most are fairly not far behind. It uses a fairly up-to-date glibc which is what most unix OS use as well as grub is right up to date. So are other files. It doesn't use systemd though which in my personal opinion is kind of behind the times as many distros are going that route to utilize systemd in their OS. '

From the Pisi Linux website homepage: What is pisilinux? | Pisi Linux

"Currently only supports x64 architecture"
    Well that's all folks. But much more on the home page of course.
    Last edited by SealLion; 20.07.15 at 05:28.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (20.07.15)

+ Reply to Thread