+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fedora 22

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Fedora 22

This news came out a few days ago. As some of you might know, Fedora has a short life cycle because this OS is kind of on the cutting edge of developing new patches, apps, installing and using the latest kernels, etc...the list goes on. I have this system on one of my dual boot laptops. I wouldn't readily update this OS as quickly as one might normally do. I'd personnally wait a few days or perhaps a week before selecting to upgrade for any patches or be selective in upgrading apps, patches, etc. Sorry...I'm getting carried away here a bit.

Here's the news:

The Fedora Project has launched a new version of the Fedora distribution. The new release, version 22, offers users three separate product lines, each tailored to a specific environment. These three product branches are called Workstation (for desktop use and developers), Server (for traditional server deployments) and Cloud (a minimal image for quick deployments).
    Link: Distribution Release: Fedora 22 (DistroWatch.com News)

And also from the Fedora home page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F22_release_announcement

I forgot to mention, if you want to try out Plasma 5 on Fedora, Fedora has this spin available. It's replaced the previous, ( and in some distros, still remains the current version) of Plasma 4.X

F22 release announcement - FedoraProject

And for those of you who would like to try out the new Plasma 5 on Fedora, the download link for Fedora KDE Plasma 5 is here:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/download/index.html

PS...Yaaa I got my first Linux/GNU OS convert. Turned him away from Windoze to GNU OS.
    Last edited by SealLion; 28.05.15 at 05:54.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (28.05.15)

+ Reply to Thread