Thread: Microsoft Logs IP Addresses to Catch Windows 7 Pirates

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234

Angry Microsoft Logs IP Addresses to Catch Windows 7 Pirates

this is war frome microsoft on windows Pirates wtf did microsoft got crazy (win 10 it is free the just promo the win 10 it is free just for the marakting of win 10 microsoft r biggg $hits end the only want more mony)
    read more
    A presumed pirate with an unusually large appetite for activating Windows 7 has incurred the wrath of Microsoft. In a lawsuit filed at a Washington court, the Seattle-based company said that it logged hundreds of suspicious product activations from a Verizon IP address and is now seeking damages.

microsoft-pirateDue to the fact that one needs to be present on most computers in order for them to work at all, operating systems are among the most pirated types of software around.

There can be little doubt that across its range in its 29 year history, Microsoft’s Windows operating systems have been pirated countless millions of times. It’s a practice that on some levels Microsoft has come to accept, with regular consumers largely avoiding the company’s aggression.
    read the secure from torrentfreak
    https://torrentfreak.com/microsoft-l...irates-150504/
    regards
    starforce
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (06.05.15) , anon (05.05.15) , mmmmm (05.05.15) , Lucius (04.05.15)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I'd initially think they should have just used an activator or RemoveWAT, but no home user would activate so many copies in the first place. It'll be interesting to see who or what is behind that IP, if there are updates to this story. I'm suddenly thinking it's a pirate computer repair shop which got their hands on a stack of CD keys that fell off the back of a truck

Also, am I the only one thinking the article's title seems to state the obvious?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I think about what after logging IPs ? What is the benefit ?
    Anyway most ips out there is dynamic not static ones.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Anyway most ips out there is dynamic not static ones.
    ISPs keep logs too, sometimes for several years. Having an IP, date and time, it's possible to trace the first back to the device (because one IP doesn't equal one computer, let alone one person) using it at the time, and they'll do it if law enforcement demands it with the appropriate warrant.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (06.05.15) , Lucius (05.05.15)

They just care about mass scale, we're talking about hundreds of keys here. Most of those are probably stolen, which might suck if that was your key that got ripped. (it's so damn easy to read your windows key from software, e.g. a virus)

Also, while my IP is dynamic, it changes roughly about once every two years. And that's usually when I reboot my router for whatever reason. And like anon said, ISP's are obligated by law to keep logs in most? countries.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 05.05.15 at 19:40.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (06.05.15) , Lucius (05.05.15)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Also, while my IP is dynamic, it changes roughly about once every two years. And that's usually when I reboot my router for whatever reason.
    So you reboot your router once every two years?

Last Monday I met someone who kept his turned on for five, until it stopped working entirely.

Semi-related link: Epic uptime achievement unlocked. Can you beat 16 years? | Ars Technica
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (06.05.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    No shit !!! 16 years coming back to topic I agree with sazz here they are only going after high volume commercial pirating they also realize their advantage in the market is the people's dependency on windows due to majority of new softwares and tools being geared towards windows even their CEO Nadella says the same referring it as freemium see these 2 articles

https://torrentfreak.com/microsoft-s...ftware-141208/
    Microsoft: We've Always Had Freemium, It's Called Piracy | TorrentFreak
    Last edited by ozymandis; 06.05.15 at 17:28.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    So you reboot your router once every two years?

Last Monday I met someone who kept his turned on for five, until it stopped working entirely.

Semi-related link: Epic uptime achievement unlocked. Can you beat 16 years? | Ars Technica
    it reboots when i update the firmware.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234
    the well Take money from users of a pirated copy one by one
    ips out there is dynamic so waht you need user end pass to use the dynamic ip end the isp logs it
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread