+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what.cd what the f*ck?

what.cd what the f*ck?

So, I have gone through a few what.cd accounts getting banned until I finally thought I figured out the magic formula... I acquired for myself a residential vpn to tunnel through using the app viscosity (if u have heard of it), disabled webrt dns revealing crap on firefox, and setup firefox to delete all cookies every time i closed it. I only used firefox for browsing with the vpn on, and I was fine with that what.cd account for nearly three weeks.

This morning I decide to upload a torrent file (the 2nd one for this user), and while trying to upload I kept getting strange feedback loops to an /upload#null address. Eventually, I got it to work but 10 minutes after seeding this torrent (through a seedbox) my account is disabled... I am so confused. Are they wizards or just connected to the NSA network? I don't know of any further privacy configurations that are even possible.
    Last edited by poopanther; 02.05.15 at 13:35.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (06.05.15)

10 minutes for the ban figures it out to be an automatic ban using tracker script but it's just an assumption.
    Can you provide more details about which tool did you used to upload ?
    Torrent data .. Seeders, leechers , is it a top 10 torrent or not ?
    Upload speeds ?
    Thanks

sorry.. i am bit confused by what you mean. i created the torrent in my seedbox, downloaded it to my pc, and uploaded to what.cd using its html page.. I was under vpn the whole time, I think, but definitely throughout accessing the site. oh, and actually it was more like 15-20 minutes until ban, though I dont know if it makes a difference.

the torrent was was for a 1.52gb file for a ray charles compilation grabbed from another tracker.. i erased some superfluous files to change the hash and filesize of the torrent just cause it felt like a good idea.. it had 2 leechers that 1 downloaded maybe 20mb before it stopped while the 2nd never established an actual connection. I was the only seeder.. and my upload speeds on the seedbox were something like 3-4mbps before it stopped.
    Last edited by poopanther; 02.05.15 at 13:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    Quote Originally Posted by poopanther View Post
    oh, and actually it was more like 15-20 minutes until ban
    I don't think this was an automated ban. You just popped up on the watchlist and a mod banned you.
    Thanks

how does one stay off of such watchlists? im not really into watching or lists..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Have you used the same seedbox on What.cd before? If so, have you changed the IP and listen port it uses since your previous ban?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

nope.. brand new seedbox
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread