+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting around IP ban

Getting around IP ban

So I was banned from pedros/xbtmusic tracker.. its a long story but i think they admin didnt like my shoes or something.. anyways im banned from the tracker except i have now access to another account.. what is the best way to proceed with this to mask my ip?
    i already can use a vpn to allow me to access the site, but im afraid that when they register the vpn itself i'll get booted... similar thing with proxies i think
    any advice?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3725
    Is your IP address static or dynamic? If static, you can change your MAC address and you should get a completely new IP.
    Last edited by anon; 12.04.15 at 23:45. Reason: Request

Thanks

i have static but unfortunately i think theres a good chance they may have banned the entire subnet of ip's im under as it is a university one and they seemed to not like university ip connections.. along with the rough way the whole thing was handled and left
    if im not mistaken changing my mac address will reassign me another ip but under the local subnet only no?
    Last edited by poopanther; 12.04.15 at 22:39.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3725
    I don't know your subnet, but I think you're right. You can quickly test it with SMAC: PCWorld Award - SMAC MAC Address Changer for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, VISTA, 2008, Windows 7
    If you are not connected to the modem directly, you'll have to change the MAC address of your router instead.
    I know your problem. I've often got banned from trackers in the past. If you can't change your IP address, the only way is to wait a few months and try it again. Proxies are very slow and most trackers don't like VPN users.
    Last edited by anon; 12.04.15 at 23:48. Reason: Request

Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (17.04.15) , anon (12.04.15)

i did as you said.. not much has changed unfortunately
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39433
    Quote Originally Posted by poopanther View Post
    i did as you said.. not much has changed unfortunately
    If you're on a university network, it's very unlikely that you'd be able to change your external IP. You'd need to reboot their modem/router/hardware firewall, and those are usually off-limits to students for obvious security reasons.

Anyway, did you check if the MAC actually changed? There is a tendency for new network controllers (or old ones with new drivers) to disallow "soft" MAC changing to prevent abuse. It's usually possible to do it through a workaround, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

yea i know they changed because i spoof them regularly ... this university has been trying to put a wall between me and the internet for years now :p
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread