+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Adds Deceptive Software to Safe Browsing API cool stuf from google

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234

Google Adds Deceptive Software to Safe Browsing API cool stuf from google

Google is continuing to refine its Safe Browsing API and now is giving users warnings about not just malicious software on sites they’re attempting to visit, but also about unwanted software.

Google’s Safe Browsing API is designed to help protect users from a variety of threats on pages across the Internet. The functionality is built into Chrome, as well as Firefox and other browsers, and when a users tries to visit a page that Google’s crawlers or other users have reported to be hosting malware, phishing links or other types of threats it will throw up a warning dialog. Depending upon the type of threat found on the target page, the browser will give the user various types of information and options.

Google started showing Chrome users warnings about deceptive or unwanted software last month, but now that information will be fed into the Safe Browsing API so that other browser vendors, as well as app developers, can pull it into their offerings.

“In addition to our constantly-updated malware and phishing data, our unwanted software data is now publicly available for developers to integrate into their own security measures. For example, any app that wants to save its users from winding up on sites that lead to deceptive software could use our API to do precisely that,” Emily Schechter, safe browsing program manager at Google, said in a blog post.

“We continue to integrate Safe Browsing technology across Google—in Chrome, Google Analytics, and more—to protect users.”

Deceptive, or unwanted, software is a fairly broad category of applications that includes things such as browser extensions that change your home page or modify the settings in your browser. These applications sometimes are bundled with other software or downloaded in the background, sometimes without a user’s knowledge. They can also include spyware or adware that collect users’ data and pretend to be something other than what they really are.

Google defines deceptive software broadly as “programs disguised as a helpful download that actually make unexpected changes to your computer”.
    https://threatpost.com/google-adds-d...ing-api/111801
    this is a fine extra for safe surfing less $hit to home pc tool bar atc atc
    good news
    regards
    starforce
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

So you don't trust microsoft with windows 10, but you trust google having their api stuck in all of your apps?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (26.03.15)

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234
    microsoft r $hit why?
    Because they take a lot of money on their products
    thy have gather information on me end you
    win 8.9.10 the r Keylogger
    Because their software have beckdor for the Security agency
    no source code
    And I now win 10 it is free update to all pirat users wtf
    wel time well tell haven or Hell for this update
    well google Chrome is safe lite Easy
    Protects you
    we Have the source code off Chrome home page what we need more?
    Thanks

everything you said about microsoft goes for google as well.
    Google is in the advertising business. What do you think they do and where their money comes from?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

MaurineLip (29.11.21)

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234
    advertising is good (you cen block it i think so :) )no mony to pay when Downloading Google Software
    lol i dont now About api Dear Sazzy i m not a coder c++ is not my life omg
    foor noobs users google carome is now more safe less tool bar less unwanted software virus on ther pc i think so
    end yes it is all About the mony

regards
    starforce
    Last edited by starforce; 28.03.15 at 14:09.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread