P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241

Puppy Linux

Puppy Linux Community Home - Getting Started

It's a small linux which u can carry around in a pendrive minimal requirements can use on old PCs.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (25.04.15) , Lucius (02.11.14)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I find that this is quite true ozy.
    I used it once some few years ago. Only had it for a while as I was, and still do, do a bit of distro-hopping. Its great on resources as it isn't a resource hog at all. Also, portability is one of Linux's greatest features.
    Last edited by SealLion; 25.04.15 at 21:20.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (26.04.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Yes sealion it's actually very handy I actually used it to use my laptop when it had no hard disk due to crash and was able to do everything with all features even no requirement of any driver as opposed to windows , Linux's versatility is truly amazing

What is your favorite distro by the way?
    Last edited by ozymandis; 26.04.15 at 21:28.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (27.04.15)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by ozymandis View Post
    .... Linux's versatility is truly amazing
    No argument from me at all.

Linux/GNU far surpasses anything out there. It is very robust. Very versatile. It is updated regularly. Patches for the kernel are frequent. What I like about the Linux/GNU OS community is this idea that the BSD/Linux/GNU OS users tend to resent "standards" being force-fed on them by either corporations or the media."We'll use what we want, thank you" is the standard.

Low profile susceptibility to virus and malware. It is also far more customizable than its 2 popular counterparts. Gotta love that low resource requirement too. Affordability?? Fabulous, isn't it? Flexibility?? Can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandis View Post
    What is your favorite distro by the way?
    Antergos is my favorite, Ozy. I love this Arch-type distro. Simple, clean, and stable.
    I'd say that Open Suse is the next most favourite one for myself.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (27.04.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Linux/GNU far surpasses anything out there. It is very robust. Very versatile. It is updated regularly. Patches for the kernel are frequent. What I like about the Linux/GNU OS community is this idea that the BSD/Linux/GNU OS users tend to resent "standards" being force-fed on them by either corporations or the media."We'll use what we want, thank you" is the standard.

Low profile susceptibility to virus and malware. It is also far more customizable than its 2 popular counterparts. Gotta love that low resource requirement too. Affordability?? Fabulous, isn't it? Flexibility?? Can't compare.
    Couldn't agree more I love the freedom Linux provides there is literally nothing we can not do with linux add to that the reasons you listed i.e. free ,customizable,open and no need to purchase antivirussecurity there is literally no reason not to use linux most hackers also use linux for the freedom it provides and also there is a reason most supercomputers run on linux

Thanks sealion I will download and try Antergos today I had already used open suse and love it
    Last edited by ozymandis; 27.04.15 at 10:22.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (28.04.15)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Hi ozy.

Antergos is somewhat of an advanced system. But the forums are very n00b friendly. The devs and admins there are very helpful. One of the users there on the board is also one of the extension devs on gnome-extensioins.org. An extremely intelligent fellow as one can tell in converstation with him while on the board. The Arch wiki is a very helpful tool. I have used it many times and have always found it full of info to use. For example, if you want to root your Android for example, of course you'll need adb. Adb is listed in the Arch Wiki.

Be aware that Cnchi apparently,, has some set up problems for some users. Not all though. I think it depends on the system hard ware though. However, once Antergos is set up and running, it's an incredibly stable system I find. Fast boot-up and stable.

The kernel is also somewhat customized by the devs on the Antergos dev-team. And because Arch systems use the systemd service ( they have been since a long time ago, I believe). It's only I think that systems from Canonical (for example) have most recently set up their systems to use systemd. This is good because now everything is systemctl.

Enjoy. And don't forget to join the board there too!! ;gsmile:
    Last edited by SealLion; 28.04.15 at 02:55.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (29.04.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Many thanks for this info a bit busy lately will update in 2-3 days

I will definitely join the forums and I have already bookmarked arch wiki and antergos forum
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (02.05.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Just using antergos and I must say I am pretty impressed UI is very sleek and stable and efficient for mutitasking I have booted in live mode I will install now and update

Update:For some reason cnchi moving at snail's pace
    Last edited by ozymandis; 04.05.15 at 15:37.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (06.05.15)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Ya. I know. some newcomers using Antergos have also reported some concerns with Cnchi. I'd go to the forums as I know from previous readings that others also reported similar challenges.
    Have you thought about a retry on the install? I recall I had a similiar issue the 1st time I tried it out. Miracle for me then, but for me it worked.
    Did the connection time out?
    What version of cnchi are you using? I suspect your using the newest version because the 2015 edition would come with that.
    You could also try an archived version of Antergos. You'd still get the latest updates as it's a rolling release.
    Have you seen this thread: New installation doesn't work | Antergos Community Forum
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (06.05.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Hi sealion,
    Actually I would have retried but I had to get back to work as something came up I will again try to install it once I get some breathing space I highly appreciate your feedback keep being awesome
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (07.05.15)

+ Reply to Thread