+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antergos

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Antergos

Alex Filgueira has announced the release of Antergos 2014.05.26, an Arch-based distribution featuring the GNOME 3.12 desktop: "Antergos 2014.05.26 available. At last! Here it is... a new stable release of Antergos. A lot of bug fixes and improvements... and the long-awaited KDE option in our installer (KDE 4.13.1 at the time of writing), along with MATE (MATE 1.8 at the time of writing).
    I can't speak enough on how stable this bleeding-edge cousin of Arch Linux is. I use it pretty much daily and rarely have I personnally ever encountered any challenges.

More information here at :
    Distribution Release: Antergos 2014.05.26 (DistroWatch.com News) and DistroWatch.com: Antergos

Antergos doesn't yet have a full-fledged wiki like Arch Linux does so Antergos still relies heavily on that distro's wiki. However, much of the info there is applicable to Antergos. I've always found that the Antergos forum board is quite n00b and user friendly. The board at Arch Linux is...well, slightly less so.

Antergos Community Wiki | HomePage
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I once decided to try it out since I really digged how polished their website is but as soon as the installer was about to start copying files I would get a python library related error so I never tried it again.
    Ever since I discovered the nix package manager I installed it on Debian stable and now see no point in using any bleeding edge distribution out there.
    Last edited by theintervurt; 29.05.14 at 19:42. Reason: typo
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Hi.
    Did you go to the forums to discuss the issue at the time you encountered your issue?

Did the error state " Depends: Python ***" If so, it would have indicated a dependency issue.
    Or did it say " Warning: ***** "

Regardless, each to his own. Debian is also quite stable as I've tried that as well. Great distro too!
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread