Thread: Regarding AB recruitment

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    4/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssssss67

Regarding AB recruitment

I am planning to apply for AB and I want to ensure I do it correctly. I have some questions about the following instructions:

Code:
    “If you're interested in joining, please PM me with the subject "AB invite - thisis@my.email - home IP address". The first line of the body should be on the format: "profile link - home IP address". The profile link should be stripped using the [plain][/plain] tags.”
    1. The subject of the dm requires mentioning my home IP address. What should I do if I am behind CGNAT and don’t have a static IP?

2. The instructions mention that profile links should be stripped using [plain][/plain] tags. Is this referring to BBCode? Also, which profile link are they referring to? For instance, if this recruitment thread was on an XYZ tracker, should I provide my profile link for the same XYZ tracker or a different tracker?"
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss510
    Quote Originally Posted by averageHomoSapien View Post
    1. The subject of the dm requires mentioning my home IP address. What should I do if I am behind CGNAT and don?t have a static IP?
    Just send your dynamic ip at the time you are sending the message.

2. The instructions mention that profile links should be stripped using [plain][/plain] tags. Is this referring to BBCode? Also, which profile link are they referring to? For instance, if this recruitment thread was on an XYZ tracker, should I provide my profile link for the same XYZ tracker or a different tracker?"
    Yes this is the bbcode. Yes for the tracker you are sending the message in (Unless in the post mentions explicitly to send a profile link of other tracker or something)
    Coming soon
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (03.04.24)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    What should I do if I am behind CGNAT and don’t have a static IP?
    http://ipcheck1.jdownloader.org/

The instructions mention that profile links should be stripped using [plain][/plain] tags. Is this referring to BBCode?
    [plain]https://example.com/user.php?id=7777[/plain] - 169.254.143.72

The "plain" tag prevents Gazelle from parsing and trimming its contents, and along the other requirements, shows the recruiter you're able to follow instructions. That's all you need to do (which makes me wonder why so many apparently find this confusing, especially since you just used this forum's equivalent of it).

Also, which profile link are they referring to?
    The one from XYZ tracker
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread