1/5 ssss39458
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Rawrawrawrawr
    Don't eat the yellow snow
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Why couldn't you be a squirrel? I love them. Raccoons too.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39458
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by thread title
    If you were an animal... what would you be?
    if you already were an animal, you (mostly) wouldn't have a choice of being something else

but anyways, an animal is a life-form of lesser level of consciousness, thus it would be foolish to desire a degradation from the human level to the animal level

and even if one had to become an animal, the best choice would be that which is aligned with your karmic equation, to put it simply: that animal which you end up being (regardless of what animal you wanted to be in the first place) is the best choice for you
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

anon (19.02.17)

Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39458
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    but anyways, an animal is a life-form of lesser level of consciousness, thus it would be foolish to desire a degradation from the human level to the animal level
    I guess this answers Razor's above question
    Thanks

So, guys, I really have the shittiest luck.

I just got a letter in the mail that I will not be getting a license plate for the motorcycle I bought, because it's no longer viable for the environment norm which has changed this januari (for entire Europe).
    I bought it the end of januari, I don't understand why the store did not know about it.
    I feel like it's certainly not my responsibility to know this when I walk into a store and pick out a bike that is standing there to buy.
    So now I have to cancel my insurance and hope I won't be having to make the first payment. I also have to go to the store with the letter and hope I get my advance back, which was 700 dollars. I'd be really upset if I don't get my 700 dollars back. Luckily _a lot_ less than the entire bike, but this is still a ton of money :(
    At this point, it's already been such a shitty bad luck trip getting the insurance, the bike, clothing etc that I really don't even want to ride a bike anymore. So yeah, hopefully they'll agree to give me my money and not suggest I _need_ to buy a different model that does fit the norm. Because they're more expensive and uglier and I feel like this bad luck trip will keep on going and I will fall on my face and die at this point lol

What do you guys think, should they or will they give me the money I have put in as an advance as the store had to order the color I wanted?
    These kind of things are not healthy for me, anxiety attacks and worries non-stop!
    Last edited by Sazzy; 22.02.17 at 19:27.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

I feel like it's certainly not my responsibility to know this when I walk into a store and pick out a bike that is standing there to buy.
    Normally, you shouldn't know about this but... the real world does not work that way.

What do you guys think, should they or will they give me the money I have put in as an advance as the store had to order the color I wanted?
    I'm not an expert on these things but I would say no. They are not obligated to give the money back.

These kind of things are not healthy for me, anxiety attacks and worries non-stop!
    What things? Driving or riding?

At any rate, good luck.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 22.02.17 at 19:34.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    What things? Driving or riding?
    Losing 700 dollars lol

At any rate, good luck.
    Thanks!

Normally, you shouldn't know about this but... the real world does not work that way.
    I'm not an expert on these things but I would say no. They are not obligated to give the money back.
    I know they don't _have_ to. But... what kind of shitty amoral kind of store would it be if they fucked over their customers that way.
    They end up with 700 dollars, a ton of bad publicity and me never stepping foot in there again. Since it's a typical starters bike, chances are high i'll be getting a much bigger more expensive one in the next few years.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    1/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssssss58
    Sazzy, Im no expert but personally I think they MUST know about this, and are obligated to return you your money. Like you perfectly said, its a moral thing. (Not sure about legal, I'd ask for legal advice if I was you).

Take it with calm. Best thing you can do is go to the source, to someone who knows for sure how to handle this.

Other than that, dont get let down on the bikes world. Its an awesome thing being a rider.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39458
    $700 is a lot of money to throw away, I hope you can get it back. I suspect foul play from the store if bike was already disallowed by the new regulations at the time they sold it to you, but only the laws in your region will be able to confirm that. Hate to be a downer, but you may have to struggle with this one; "the customer is always right" until she pays.

As for the insurance, check the contract to see if there's an early termination fee or penalty.
    Thanks

With 700$ you could've bought a weenie mobile. High class transportation.

// Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Thanks

Went to the store today, they said they were gonna fix it so it can still get a plate ^.^
    Apparently the official date is januari, but if the manufacturer (honda in this case) does something, the actual date is june, so I still have time to get my plate. They were gonna contact honda to do their thang. The guy also said it was Honda's fault etc, so if things turn to shit after all, it definitely seems like he'd give me my money back. But for now it seems like I'll be getting the bike as is with a plate. So good enough! :)

Thanks for the advice and support guys I panic way too easily.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.02.17)

Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39458
    With 700$ you could've bought a weenie mobile. High class transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    for now it seems like I'll be getting the bike as is with a plate. So good enough! :)
    It all works out, in the end. Now start planning your road trip
    Thanks

So today I gathered my last piece of the puzzle: 1995-2000 applications: benchmarks, tools, tweaks, office software, cd burners.
    The joy man... cried for like 20 min thinking of the past. Got all directx versions, adobe reader 2.0 and 5.0, nero 5, yahoo messenger 5, 3dmark99, 3dmark2001 and some PDF documents from those years.

Even got a hold of 14K external modem to re-live the internet era.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 392 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast