+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 392 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    I was 14, "the worst" was an exam I hadn't studied or written a cheatsheet for
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Have you heard those stories where a high school student pastes something from the Internet to get his homework done quickly, and then drama ensues, his parents are called and psychologists get involved because the text happened to have pro-Nazi messages?

Well, I once did that for my Geography class. I had to answer a question about the economics of Latin America, so I googled and pasted something that looked like an answer and printed everything to get it over with and return to the much more fun tasks of forum posting and videogame playing. Little did I know, the text contained pro-Marxism and pro-Castro opinions.

The plot twist is that nothing bad happened and I got an 8 for that assignment. So our teacher was either a communist or just didn't care
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    Have you heard those stories where a high school student pastes something from the Internet to get his homework done quickly, and then drama ensues, his parents are called and psychologists get involved because the text happened to have pro-Nazi messages?
    i was expecting this line to end with something like: '...because copy/pasting form the internet is seriously frowned upon, as it resembles stealing or misappropriation'

as for labeling messages to be pro-nazi , it is a rather stretchable term, you actually have bands that had to give out statements that they are not pro-nazi due to their lyrics having some similarities with that ideology - on the other hand, this label is often abused in order to silence opposing or dissenting opinions, to trample over freedom of speech/expression/opinion, the topic is still taboo in some countries, you can get sentenced to prison for publicly speaking about it (naturally, if it is done in a non-conformist way), something you'd expect from totalitarian countries, not from so-called democratic ones, but i guess some potatoes are just too hot to handle in our current societies

Little did I know, the text contained pro-Marxism and pro-Castro opinions...nothing bad happened...So our teacher was either a communist or just didn't care
    the teacher could have also personally been against those opinions, but did not interfere out of respect for your personal opinion, perhaps in addition to not noticing your copy/paste naughtiness
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    the teacher could have also personally been against those opinions, but did not interfere out of respect for your personal opinion
    A true educator, allowing dissenting thought and criticism of the system
    Thanks

Does anyone know what kind of emulator is mame32 ? And how it compares to DosBOX?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    MAME emulates arcade boards, which use a variety of hardware and instruction sets. DOSBox emulates a general-purpose x86 IBM PC and a MS-DOS environment.
    Thanks

So... say i want to run normal ms-dos games like warcraft, commander keen, doom, which one would be better?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    I doubt there was an arcade version of those, so DOSBox of course

Make sure you check this unofficial build, which supports extra hardware and has more compatibility settings. I used it to run Windows 95 once and it wasn't cripplingly broken as with the vanilla build, although it was still slow.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (29.12.16)

Downloaded today the last ISOs required for my old gaming rigs.
    XP PRO SP1A
    XP PRO SP2
    XP PRO RTM
    XP PRO X64 RTM
    XP PRO X64 SP2
    XP HOME RTM
    XP HOME SP2
    XP STARTER

After I'm done, I'l retire. Settle down with my 9x and xp systems and just live in the past.
    1998 here I come.
    Thanks

It is very sad that I that most of the above ISO images are from the collection of a man that no longer is with us. At MDL formus this user was the picture of kindness and helpfulness.
    He died at 40 (of course).

In september, I was helped by a user from another forum to create a script that would extract all IP addresses that belong to printers from all registry hives. Local IPs only, start with http/https, keys have words like printer/hp/cannon... The thing itself is a beauty as much as it is a beast. Of course, the user died after the script was made. He was a very nice individual with the only desire to help people. He died at 50.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

@slikrapid, @koel
    There is a conspiracy. People are dying at relatively young ages and its all because of the air we are breathing and the food we are eating. Everything is poisoned and yet, we still have to buy this poisoned crap.
    You may say anything you wish but 100 years ago the average lifespan was 90 years. Now it's 50, whoopty do.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 29.12.16 at 13:26.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    @Master Razor:

He died at 40 (of course).
    He was a very nice individual with the only desire to help people. He died at 50.
    except that we don't know anything else about these individuals, we don't know their complete story, thus it is not recommended to make exclusive conclusions based on partial knowledge

There is a conspiracy.
    there are many conspiracies, a conspiracy is simply a secret agreement - people gather, agree on something and not many outsiders are aware of the contents, 2 people in a private chat is already an example of a conspiracy

interestingly, whatever they secretly agreed upon will be revealed through their actions based on these agreements, ie. the agreement cannot remain a secret for long, ie. their actions speak for themselves

want to know the largest conspiracy of all? the purpose or origin of the materialistic world, which also as time goes by gets revealed to those who desire such revelations

however, you were talking about conspiracies by powerful/wealthy people and organizations desiring power & control over the whole world (basically over anything they can get their hands on), people so ignorant and paranoid that they would probably want to be able to spy on all those aforementioned private chats, just to maintain their own bubble of security/control - the thing is, these people are a reflection of the common folk, its like the world's bad conscience materializing into these so-called world leaders, its like that dirt you shoved under the rug, hoping it would just magically disappear - just take a look at the human past for the last few thousands of years: full of wars, deception, exploitation, abuse, pollution, ignorance, egoism and animosity on every societal level from the top to the bottom, an image of a terrible inner/mental state of humanity as a whole - it is thus not surprising to see it continued, as lessons from the past have not been learned yet

People are dying at relatively young ages and its all because of the air we are breathing and the food we are eating. Everything is poisoned and yet, we still have to buy this poisoned crap.
    You may say anything you wish but 100 years ago the average lifespan was 90 years. Now it's 50,
    people died young before too (at times of war, plagues, hunger, natural disasters, etc.), while some lived to see old age during those times as well - this is similar in any age, regardless of their technological advancements

a disease or illness appears only if there is fertile ground for its growth (just like a human will grow if the conditions are adequate for his growth, just like a human will enter the materialistic world if the conditions are suitable for him to enter)

on one hand, our current societies desire to become healthy, but on the other they keep supporting attitudes towards life or behavior that lead in the opposite direction, in a way their left hand acts against their right hand, due to the overall ignorance and heavy materialistic desires involved

this means that the society needs to go through periods of, to use your example: 'poisoning', until it can overcome the cause of the poisoning

a healthy consciousness attracts healthy thoughts (aka healthy mind), which manifests itself as healthy deeds, a sufficiently healthy body, a healthy influence on your surroundings and vice versa
    life is basically working your way from a partially healthy consciousness towards a fully healthy consciousness
    in our current state of 'partial health' we need to experience the results thereof in order to form an attitude towards it, in order to grow in our awareness thereof, until we get ready to embrace a fully healthy consciousness with absolute certainty (no doubts or pretending or dishonesty or second thoughts or partiality)

the mindf*ck twist to the story is that we never ever really were without a fully healthy consciousness, however, we did have desires to experience the state of a partially healthy consciousness, which is what this materialistic life basically is - we are thus in a way co-conspirators, we wanted to experience it and we got to experience it and we will again arise from it when the story ends (individual or larger story, whichever comes first), embracing again that what is truthful (the Truth), that what we truly are (the Self), that which doesn't change, that which is eternal, that which is the only Reality, that which is the Source of all

oh, and what some religions describe as 'falling from grace' is this state of a partially healthy consciousness, whereas 'full of grace' represents the state of a fully healthy consciousness
    likewise, that is why we strive for the best (want the best experience, performance, the best movie/music, life,...), we want to reach/rediscover that Ideal again, that which we essentially already are beneath our current layers of materialistic illusions

in other words, you wanted your life, you wanted to have all these experiences, so accept it and learn its lessons in order to reach that Ideal again
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Downloaded today the last ISOs required for my old gaming rigs.
    XP PRO SP1A
    XP PRO SP2
    XP PRO RTM
    XP PRO X64 RTM
    XP PRO X64 SP2
    XP HOME RTM
    XP HOME SP2
    XP STARTER

After I'm done, I'l retire. Settle down with my 9x and xp systems and just live in the past.
    1998 here I come.
    You should try Windows 2003. It's much better and faster than XP. It takes some work to turn it into a workstation OS, except I'm willing to share my nLite project so you wouldn't actually need to lift a finger

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    You may say anything you wish but 100 years ago the average lifespan was 90 years. Now it's 50, whoopty do.
    Nonsense, people live longer now than they do in the past, and I don't think the average lifespan has ever been 90.
    Thanks

Just realized WinRAR has it's own benchmark module. For those of you that did not know, WinRAR is great at testing if your overclock setting works.
    Back in 2015 I built this to test laptops with noisy fans. It'll create 6 instances of the same batch file and creates a loop that uses lots of processing power.

Code:
    for /l %%a in (1,1,6) do (
      echo @echo off > %temp%\cpubench_%%a.cmd
      echo title Thread %%a >> %temp%\cpubench_%%a.cmd
      echo :loop >> %temp%\cpubench_%%a.cmd
      echo goto loop >> %temp%\cpubench_%%a.cmd
    )

for /l %%a in (1,1,6) do (start "" %temp%\cpubench_%%a.cmd)
    Last edited by Master Razor; 31.12.16 at 01:52.
    Thanks

This was my girl back in the day, approx. 20 years ago
    She her own woman now, a carrer woman. back then she was quite the mathmatician, and look at what she become --would've made a fine programmer. But if this is what she wanted then so be it.

The sad part is she has no talent, no music rhythm and her english is not that good. She never could out-beat me at english, I would tease her, and she would throw her books at me. In gym class she would sit always in front of me and bend over so that I may specifically see what I will never get... and I never did. Nowadays even if she showed up naked I wouldn't care. I will be 29 years in January 11th, but I feel like 79.

Sometimes, when I look at the sky I wonder what happend to me. 15 years ago I had family, friends, girls, people to do my biddings. Today... not so much, people are either dead, dying, or intoxicated with greed and pettiness.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 31.12.16 at 02:28.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Nonsense, people live longer now than they do in the past, and I don't think the average lifespan has ever been 90.
    depends on the era, time-span within the era, local area, size of the group observed, conditions at hand,...

Satya Yuga (1,728,000 solar years)...Human lifespan was 100,000 years
    Treta Yuga (1,296,000 solar years)...Average lifespan of humans is around 1000-10,000 years.
    Dvapara Yuga (864,000 solar years)...Average lifespan of humans is around a few centuries.
    Kali Yuga (432,000 solar years)...Average lifespan of people is barely 100 years, though, by the end of the Yuga, it will be as low as 20 years.

Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga
    upcoming challenges for humanity:

Code:
    http://global.9gag.com/gag/aG0rYPn/future-is-coming
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

anon (31.12.16)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 392 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast