+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

First thing I;m buying is this Carcasa Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window - PC Garage
    It'll arrive next saturday. What do you think?

Not long now... This imbecils really get on my nerves.
    I've never installed a single update on my computer that wasn't throughly checked by me. Good to know it pays off.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 05.06.15 at 21:25.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I hate windowed cases. They're silly, boast-ey and make more noise. I have a non-window Define R4 though, best case I've ever had.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 05.06.15 at 23:13.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (05.06.15)

How exactly is a windowed case more noisy?
    Nevermind, I see what you mean. Thanks for the warning, silence is what I DESPERATELY trying to achieve.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 05.06.15 at 23:30.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by ozymandis View Post
    For all the big targets and goals we have in life sometimes the tiniest gesture or the faintest smile brings more happiness does it not
    It can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandis View Post
    Wow !!! I guess spiderman has another power up his sleeve
    When I saw it, I thought either it was slinging webs across (relatively) huge distances, or climbing some that were already there, like some sort of spider Internet. Taking advantage of Newton's third law didn't cross my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    First thing I;m buying is this Carcasa Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window - PC Garage
    It'll arrive next saturday. What do you think?
    Uh... I must be the only one who doesn't care about PC cases, and would think nothing of sticking a Core i7 Extreme inside a tower like this:

But then again, the case I got as a gift 11 years ago (it came with a computer inside) is a pretty awesome one with fans on the front, back and side window, and none of the tasks I use the desktop computer for demand stellar cooling, so I may be taking some things for granted.

Not long now... This imbecils really get on my nerves.
    I've never installed a single update on my computer that wasn't throughly checked by me. Good to know it pays off.
    Everyone's on the edge of their seat about Windows 10 getting released this month, while I'm clinging to 7 and telling myself everything will be okay

I don't install any updates. I reinstall the entire OS using one of those unofficial DVDs with all updates integrated and nothing else approximately once a year.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (07.06.15)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Some good news:

The new management at my school is giving good signs already. Last Friday they sent someone to ask me which items I needed, and the list even had some suggestions (external hard disk, multifunction printer) preinstalled

Among the plans is adding a net over the schoolyard to prevent birds from entering, but I wouldn't like that because it'll make the place look like a prison and ruin our view of the sky We'll see.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (07.06.15)

Take a look above on this page or the other to find how my PC looks right now.
    Do you like it?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    I saw it. With an open box at the floor level and a 120mm fan on the front, don't you have problems with dust buildup?
    Thanks

This is how it should've looked Titan 650 - antec.com
    I had to take it apart because it made a horrible vibrating sound. With only the skeleton I was able to make it really silent. However, dust is a huge problem but as I said, I'm more interested in silence rather than safety of components.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (07.06.15)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Some good news:

The new management at my school is giving good signs already. Last Friday they sent someone to ask me which items I needed, and the list even had some suggestions (external hard disk, multifunction printer) preinstalled

Among the plans is adding a net over the schoolyard to prevent birds from entering, but I wouldn't like that because it'll make the place look like a prison and ruin our view of the sky We'll see.
    Nice good to see things picking up and improving in school but net in school will seem like a prison and also I like watching birds spent quite some time doing the same in boring classes through the window
    Thanks

I slouch in my chair, both sideways as back/forth, and obviously my back is killing me. I also feel like the cushioning is too hard after a while, despite it being a good quality chair.

I was thinking of getting a maxnomic dominator since it will prevent me from slouching, but im not sure if it's a good idea. It's very hard to find negative reviews and them being an esports sponsor has left me the feeling they're paying everyone off .
    As for pricing, it's definitely not cheap, but it's far from being an expensive desk chair, either. It's expensive enough to be a waste of cash and make me feel bad if it ends up sucking, though....

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Sazzy; 08.06.15 at 21:28.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (10.06.15)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    slouch
    Thanks for teaching me a new word.

As for the subject at hand, I have found the following design is better at preventing you from sitting in awkward positions.

An online review of the one you mentioned reads "[t]his chair is going to set you back nearly $400", to which I say "wait, what?". Sure, you're also paying for the resulting comfort and potentially avoiding health problems later, but it still feels overpriced to me.

For reference, the one on the image costs around $70, and since I'm not a salesman, you can be sure nothing corrupts my motivations
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    anon, I've seen chairs that cost over 1k €
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    anon, I've seen chairs that cost over 1k €
    I'd rather sit on a bucket and use that money to get a supercomputer and good Internet instead. Or was it keep on using my current chair and computer and buy a bucket of food, I don't remember
    Thanks

As Yoco says, an actual good chair is over 1k. My colleague has lasting back problems due to our sitting profession and he was forced to buy a prescription chair. After looking around, the cheapest one was 800 euro and the good ones were 1.2k. The cost is mainly because you can adjust it perfectly in every little aspect (height, tilt, front tilt, back tilt, arms, arms tilt and many many more). That and the cushioning is super comfy. A cheap chair will feel soft at first, but after a while, your butt starts hitting the hard floor underneath and will start to hurt.

So yeah, the 400 euro is a lot (actually it's 300 from where I'm getting it, still a lot) but it's a chair that will outlast the one you linked for many years and feels like a car seat. My car is probably the only place my back feels fine.
    I already have a "super computer" and good internet anyway ;-)

Neither my girlfriend nor I are big on going on huge vacations (unlike all of our friends). We like staying at home and just going out by car. Simple things. As a result, we've both agreed that our holiday pay (which is an extra yearly payment on top of our normal wage, especially for vacation purposes, not sure if people in other countries get this) is for "fun and toys". A new chair for me is definitely under fun and toys. The wage is also large enough to let me buy at least 5 of these. So yeah, not really an issue. (Just a mental one for me to get a 1k chair...... )

As a small sidenote, I think my current one is already far better than the one you linked, which makes me feel ungrateful for what I have :(
    Still, fact remains, my back hurts at the moment.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 10.06.15 at 18:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Well, it seems 1. you have already tried it, 2. it is what you're looking for, and 3. you have the money, so I say go for it. I'm super against buying shit you don't really need or will only use once, but there's a difference between that and treating yourself with some item that maybe could classify as non-essential, yet you'd really enjoy having nonetheless. The latter is a healthy thing to do every once in a while. We all need toys, the only thing that changes with age is how complex they are. Or at least, think about it that way if you're still reluctant.

As for the holiday pay, we have that here too. You get an additional salary's worth of money, half of it on June, the other half on December.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    As a small sidenote, I think my current one is already far better than the one you linked, which makes me feel ungrateful for what I have :(
    Sell it to cover some of the cost of the new one?

Speaking of salary, a school called me today because they're looking for an English teacher. Unfortunately, their location requires adding quite a lot to my daily trip, and the pay isn't stellar, although the experience acquired within could be priceless... I think I'll let my mood tomorrow decide it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast