Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5869

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Also, remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    They started doing something like that over here. The ISP gives you a new modem which has a built-in router. This router contains two access points, a private one and a public one. The private one is just for you and is completely separated from the public one, the public one broadcasts unprotected. Anyone can log into the public one using their ISP's login. (thus they have to be a customer with that ISP). I don't really like where this is going :/ My home router isn't supposed to let people on the internet through my cable -.- Even if my network is safe. Call me egocentric but get your own damn internet access :( I don't exactly feel safe with this either. People are prone to make errors and it's just a matter of time before someone finds a leak in these things and can access all your private data!

Oh and did I mention you *have* to use this router or you wont be able to go on the internet? Not only that, but you have to configure it through the ISP's website (thus they have your router password, settings and can probably access your network too if they wanted to!) There is an opt-out (which imho is far worse than the other way around) for now, so you can disable the public part, but I don't trust this.

You can always place another router inbetween and feel a bit safer, but that screws up far too many things :/
    My provider started doing it a month or so ago, with a few caveats.
    • Advertising for the service says you can enjoy connectivity "wherever you are".
    • The user agreement on the captive portal explicitly forbids usage outside your own home.
    • Since it's implemented as a roaming network, you may end up connecting to someone else's modem even then.
    • If you're at home, why would you use this instead of your regular network!?
    • Anyone who knows your national ID number can create a login for this, or "recover" the password if you've already done it yourself.

Also, there is no opt-out, and modems for new customers have wireless settings locked down so that you can't even try. I managed to find an exploit to overcome both after 6 hours of raping the backend API with Firefox's developer tools, but seriously... it feels like someone didn't think things through here.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

the problem isn't that they didn't think this through, it's that they went out of their way to get it that exact way.
    The reasoning towards the customer is that they can remotely help you troubleshoot your shit, but in reality it's just another form of control imposed. My modem management is now done through their website instead of gaining direct access. At least I still have the option to disable things I don't want.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Oh, I don't like the public network thingy and settings restrictions, but I can see why they did it and it's clever. Lets them compete with mobile companies (in a country where data plans have low quotas and high prices) at nearly zero extra cost, and protects those profits. The parts they didn't think through are the contradictory terms of service, and the fact anyone can sign up for this supposedly customers-only service with details that are publicly available in government databases

Since ACS settings are usually hidden too, the only way to truly avoid this is buying your own modem from a manufacturer and registering it on the network instead of using your ISP's, but I don't see a lot of people doing that just "to be free".
    Thanks

Local ISPs are rolling out the new internet bandwidth packages of up to 10GB/sec. These was announced in 2021, as pre-installment.
    They are useless - at the moment - because we don't have the equipment on our markets to handle these, consumer-wise.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 22.06.22 at 10:17.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Well, at one point we didn't have the equipment to encode video or crack DES, either... and Linux got x64 support before consumer-grade x64 processors existed.

Anyway, not sure if that's 10 gigabits or 10 gigabytes, but it does nothing to explain why Romanians cheat on trackers
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ...but it does nothing to explain why Romanians cheat on trackers
    While I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I do it for the pleasure. It's not the need to do it, it's feel, the risk of getting caught, and the rewards of succeeding and getting away with it.

Anyway, not sure if that's 10 gigabits or 10 gigabytes
    It's 10 gigabytes.. and all for the price of 10 USD (coverted price).

I wish I lived in a boring country where technology advances very slowly or not at all. Maybe I'm feeling my age but I feel like technology advances way quicker than 10 years ago. It's faster paced, and I seems to be too much.
    Actually, I had plans to emigrate back in the day. I think it was 2018, but have no idea wtf happened to that either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	21318  
    Last edited by Master Razor; 22.06.22 at 22:36.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    While I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I do it for the pleasure. It's not the need to do it, it's feel, the risk of getting caught, and the rewards of succeeding and getting away with it.
    Can't be like that for everyone, though? Especially since it takes some time and effort to get into the "better" trackers now, and the reward for cheating correctly is adding some buffer to your account, which in this case would be easier to do legitimately and with less micromanagement.

One exception may be the ridiculous new user assessments on Chinese trackers.

It's 10 gigabytes.. and all for the price of 10 USD (coverted price).
    The screenshot says the maximum download speed is 8 gigabits... but at that point, what's the difference.

I wish I lived in a boring country where technology advances very slowly or not at all. Maybe I'm feeling my age but I feel like technology advances way quicker than 10 years ago. It's faster paced, and I seems to be too much.
    That's because time inflation is a real thing and you have advanced 10 years in the last 10 years.

Actually, I had plans to emigrate back in the day. I think it was 2018, but have no idea wtf happened to that either.
    I remember that, and can fancy a guess as to what didn't happen
    Thanks

Can't be like that for everyone, though? Especially since it takes some time and effort to get into the "better" trackers now, and the reward for cheating correctly is adding some buffer to your account, which in this case would be easier to do legitimately and with less micromanagement.
    Anything easy is not worth fighting for. I like to do what they do not expect, or want.

I remember that, and can fancy a guess as to what didn't happen
    It's not a laughing matter. I .. needed to leave, i needed it. But, because I did not, life gotten from bad to worse.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Anything easy is not worth fighting for. I like to do what they do not expect, or want.
    Razor makes his own candles instead of turning on the lights.

It's not a laughing matter. I .. needed to leave, i needed it. But, because I did not, life gotten from bad to worse.
    Well, you never know what opportunities may surface in the future, and besides... if it were easy, it would not be worth fighting for
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Anyway, have some candy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Razor makes his own candles instead of turning on the lights.
    This made me chuckle hard
    Last edited by Sazzy; 24.06.22 at 08:53.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I'm pleased to please
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I found out my 13 year old dog has cancer on liver and is dying! My heart is broken!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    As is mine after reading that, mate. But this is why hellman adviced you to make the most of your time together...
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (30.06.22)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I know. I just can't believe that after so many years together, soon, after coming back from work, there won't be happy tail wagging and smile to greet me!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 392 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast