Thread: Common Torrent Client You Used?

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70

Common Torrent Client You Used?

I was using u torrent 3.54 without any issue along with mratio. 1 week back i got invite to MAM, then i realized that they don't allow u torrent. So i then started qbittorrent for real download and upload (I plan to use mratio after sometime). Then 4 days back i got invite to Private HD, I'm now screwed up as they don't recommend u torrent. In addition i have bunch of nexus PHP trackers that don't allow qbittorrent. I downloaded deluge and start downloading from Private HD (Later i plan to use Mratio). Now my issue is, i have more than 500 torrents in mratio which is using utorrent 3.54.

Which is the best client to emulate that almost majority of elite trackers had whitelisted? any suggestion?
    Last edited by nageshnarian; 17.11.23 at 07:55.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

qBitTorrent is the most ubiquitous so I?m surprised it?s not allowed, followed by transmission, deluge, rtorrent/rutorrent
    Thanks

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by deforest6170 View Post
    qBitTorrent is the most ubiquitous so I?m surprised it?s not allowed, followed by transmission, deluge, rtorrent/rutorrent
    My Bad, they allow qbittorrent, but I never used it and as is it safe to use with mratio? But currently my situation is like this

1. Have bunch of Chinese NExus PHP trackers that don't allow qbittorrent
    2. MAM that not allow u torrent
    3. Private HD don't recommends u torrent.
    Last edited by nageshnarian; 17.11.23 at 07:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Here are a few pointers to help your decision.
    • uTorrent and qBittorrent are not the only clients in existence, you may be able to find another you like that is accepted by all your trackers.
    • If you don't, it's possible to run more than one client at the same time.
    • While OT and GGn set a precedent on this regard, blanket bans of highly popular clients like uT and qBt are very rare, make sure it's not just specific versions that are blacklisted.
    • "Does not recommend" doesn't mean you can't use a client, only that staff won't help you if your stats don't update correctly or similar problems occur.
    • You can use multiple emulations at the same time in mRatio and mass-change them for any stopped torrents.
    • Every client file thread has some very helpful text above the download link, I recommend reading it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Here are a few pointers to help your decision.
    • uTorrent and qBittorrent are not the only clients in existence, you may be able to find another you like that is accepted by all your trackers.
    • If you don't, it's possible to run more than one client at the same time.
    • While OT and GGn set a precedent on this regard, blanket bans of highly popular clients like uT and qBt are very rare, make sure it's not just specific versions that are blacklisted.
    • "Does not recommend" doesn't mean you can't use a client, only that staff won't help you if your stats don't update correctly or similar problems occur.
    • You can use multiple emulations at the same time in mRatio and mass-change them for any stopped torrents.
    • Every client file thread has some very helpful text above the download link, I recommend reading it.
    Thank you for the pointers. Yeah, I decided to go with qbittorrent for Private HD and MAM and U torrent clean version by you for Nexus PHP trackers.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by nageshnarian View Post
    I decided to go with... U torrent clean version by you
    Always a pleasure to hear this As someone running Windows on old hardware it is the best (or least bad) choice available.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    u Torrent
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss70
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Always a pleasure to hear this As someone running Windows on old hardware it is the best (or least bad) choice available.
    I have a doubt as i use 98% of the torrents in mratio with u torrent and some 2% with qbittorrent. So when i start mratio does the memory reader prompt for u torrent settings will apply to all torrents? Because when i checked its telling to apply for all torrents it seems.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by nageshnarian View Post
    when i start mratio does the memory reader prompt for u torrent settings will apply to all torrents?
    No, because that feature is only supported for the uTorrent emulation.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Qbtorrent has always been my favourite. Never any issues.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread