+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 392 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5877

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

I remember the last time I changed my avatar on SBI was in 2010. But I think the picture suits me.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Strangely enough, and as much I (we?) used to shit on Unity, I kind of miss it in the new Ubuntu. After it's gotten extremely good and functional, Canonical decided to kill it

For now, I mostly (still) use Linux Mint (with Cinnamon).

I am cheatos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheatos View Post
    For now, I mostly (still) use Linux Mint (with Cinnamon).
    That's what I keep going back to as well. Distrowatch keeps telling me I need to use CentOS and redhat but I don't feel like that's a way i need to go for now..
    I would love a distro with a decent "app store" though, as that's my greatest spite with any distro i've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I can foresee a great future for Elementary (Pantheon DE) the DE is coded in Vala (great native performance) and Solus (Budgie DE) the DE is coded in Vala and Next version is moving to Qt/C++.
    Ubuntu has moved to gnome-shell. I don't like it that much to use it as a daily driver.
    Elementary looks great but I really don't like the OSX look, personally... :T
    Last edited by Sazzy; 01.04.18 at 22:21.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

I would recomend you stay away from linux distros that are based on x number of other distros. Developers work harder to maintain the packages and stability is not always that great.
    For instance, from what I know: Mint is Debian>Ubuntu>Linux Mint. That's horrible. You should strive to stand-alone distros (as much as possible). Like Debian, Slackware, ArchLinux, Gentoo. As for me, i'm using OpenSUSE.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Clock on my PC "moved" one hour forward. Anyone knows what could be reason? Saving daytime was weeks ago.
    Thanks

There can be many reasons for this.
    Have you booted any live linux distros lately?
    Changed settings in the BIOS lately?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    No linux of any sort. The only thing I changed in bios was ram profile.
    Thanks

It's especially weird cause recent OS'es all automatically sync their time with a time server on a regular basis
    Thanks

In my horoscope they said that my Kiron left my astrological house. Said that 7 years we haven't been able to do anything and that just now the curse has been lifted.
    anon, do something!!! I am free.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 10.04.18 at 01:45.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by cheatos View Post
    Strangely enough, and as much I (we?) used to shit on Unity, I kind of miss it in the new Ubuntu. After it's gotten extremely good and functional, Canonical decided to kill it
    Noooo way, please feel better. The only good Unity is a dead Unity.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    In my horoscope they said that my Kiron left my astrological house. Said that 7 years we haven't been able to do anything and that just now the curse has been lifted.
    anon, do something!!! I am free.
    What if I told you that stars have no influence over events in your life and many of them don't even exist anymore
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    In my horoscope they said...
    they often don't really know what they're doing, thus such predictions do not have much to offer in terms of accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    What if I told you that stars have no influence over events in your life and many of them don't even exist anymore
    that the stars do have an influence is easily proven by your daily reliance on the calendar, by the outcome of your 'thoughts about the stars', similarly to others who in some way deal with astronomy or astrology or yet others who come in contact with them; by the interconnectedness of things; not to mention ancient knowledge on such subjects available in many cultures all over the world

rule of thumb: 'if it exists, it has an influence'
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    that the stars do have an influence is easily proven by your daily reliance on the calendar, by the outcome of your 'thoughts about the stars', similarly to others who in some way deal with astronomy or astrology or yet others who come in contact with them; by the interconnectedness of things; not to mention ancient knowledge on such subjects available in many cultures all over the world
    A part of me knew I was setting myself for an answer like this

But what I meant can be found in the first line of your post. I like reading those things for fun, but there is no way even a vague prediction will be true for millions of people based just on their birth date.
    Thanks

I've been looking at my local stores and I see that HDDs are in very low supply. 80% of these stores HDD stock is no more and have not been replenished. Am I to assume that global production of HDDs (2.5/3.5'') is stagnant or diminished?
    This is moronic because: 1. they are killing production of what is known to work to move twards some technology which is not ready to take over yet (for the consumers at least) and 2. there are no equivalent SSDs to buy instead of HDDs.
    So If i need now a 4TB SSD.. well, good luck finding it, becasue I can no longer find a 4TB HDD.

Again, I am screwed.
    Thanks

Weird, it seems like 2, 3, 4, 6 and even 8 TB disks are plenty to go around here.
    (However, anything over 4 is not very affordable at all)
    Last edited by Sazzy; 11.04.18 at 20:25.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 392 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast