mRatio 5.4.1

Developer Last Online: Aug 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: [Ratio Tool] Rating:  Downloads: 108926
      Released: 26.12.13 Last Update: 11.07.15 Installs: 277
    2. No support by the author
      • Free for all
      • Translations

Special Thanks:
      To everyone that in any way helped the development of mRatio.

Translations:
      Arabic - Cheatos
      Bulgarian - DJ-DOGGY
      Chinese Simplified - Peepin
      Deutsch - Pliplo
      French - MrThredzIII
      Hungarian - marfoldi
      Italian - MacGyver
      Portuguese - The248
      Romanian - Master Razor
      Russian - Mramor
      Slovak - Remy
      Spanish - Anon
      Turkish - BANAKOMA

Requirements:
      Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2

Changelog:
      Version 5.4.1
      • Fixed - Problem generating peerids. (reported)

Version 5.4
      • Added - "-startall" command line option (starts all torrents) (requested)
      • Added - Total upload/download on selected list items. (requested)
      • Added - Change multiple torrents announce at once on the add wizard. (requested)

• Changed - New emulation clients now use regular expressions.

• Fixed - "The given key was not present in the dictionary." bug. (reported)
      • Fixed - Memory reader detecting wrong build version. (reported)
      • Fixed - "Unable to write to a closed TextWriter ." (reported)

Spoiler Complete changelog:
      Version 5.2
      • Added - Russian language - Mramor
      • Added - Mono support. (requested)
      • Added - Multiple torrent deletion on the add dialog. (requested)
      • Added - Support for ipv6 (requested)(needs testing)

• Changed - Speeds are now inputted on kB/s instead of B/s. (requested)

• Fixed - Unable to add some specific torrents. (reported)
      • Fixed - Reading Windows 8 as Windows NT. (reported)
      • Fixed - Memory reader not correctly identifying uTorrent builds. (reported)
      • Fixed - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." bug. (reported)
      • Fixed - Generating a wrong hash in some torrents. (reported)
      • Fixed - A few list related string not being translated. (reported)
      • Fixed - Timers on the advanced dialog no getting properly applied. (reported)
      • Fixed - Some issues regarding memory reader. (reported)

Version 5.0.3
      • Added - CTRL+A selects all items on the list (requested)

• Fixed - mRatio crashing when erasing textbox's (reported)

Version 5.0.2
      • Added - 4 new themes (Black, Blue, Green, Orange)
      • Added - Added command line support: -start {torrent_hash} -delay {seconds} (requested)
      • Added - Boss-Key functionality (requested)
      • Added - Support for uTorrent Accept-Language parameter (requested)
      • Added - New main window torrent list, up to twice as fast, requires less memory and processing power
      • Added - Encrypted bug reporting (only mRatio coder can decode the data)
      • Added - French translation by MrThredzIII
      • Added - Option "Use safer upload and download speed limits." = upload speed: 256KB/s / download speed: 5MB/s
      • Added - mR will now automaticly clear old bugs from the log file
      • Added - Other minor functions/options

• Changed - memory reader will show PID when there's more than one process with the same name (suggested)
      • Changed - not waiting on javaversion if you don't use azureus (suggested)
      • Changed - overall improvement on Memory Reader, faster, safer, easier to work with
      • Changed - overall reestructure of dialogs, now more user friendly
      • Changed - new overall icons
      • Changed - new application icon
      • Changed - user defined values are now displayed differently
      • Changed - new way of showing speed, size and time
      • Changed - overall improvement on existing code

• Fixed - hd-bits.ro error (reported)
      • Fixed - Not accepting https when changing tracker

• Removed - ManagedUPnP dll
      • Removed - ObjectListView dll
      • Removed - Option to disable bug logging (relevant bugs are always logged)

Need updated client files?
      See http://www.sb-innovation.de/f273/

Want to create your own client files?
      See https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=35046

"Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream" error
      Windows Vista and above: see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34407 for a fix.
      Windows XP: see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=33804 for a possible fix.

"Object reference not set...", "A call to SSPI failed", "Input string was not in a correct format", "Bencode data is incorrect" errors
      Windows Vista and above: see https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34407 for a fix.
      Windows XP: unfortunately, no solution is available at the moment.

Want to translate mRatio?
      See https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=25134

[1-Step tutorial] How to get a lot of thanks:
      - Hide some text pretending to be the password for the rar file.

If you clicked Thanks awaiting for a password in here then my tutorial works, if not, your support it's welcome.

• All reported bugs have been fixed.
        If you find ANY new bug please report it so that it can be fixed.

Show Your Support

-->
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

There are too many to display.

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    Do I need to use mratio fixer if I don't get errors?
    Not if you're so fortunate, but such a scenario is the exception rather than the rule these days. If you hover your mouse cursor over the smiley icon or check the torrent logs, you'll be able to spot error messages (if any) and then decide.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

donkeykong (08.05.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Not if you're so fortunate, but such a scenario is the exception rather than the rule these days. If you hover your mouse cursor over the smiley icon or check the torrent logs, you'll be able to spot error messages (if any) and then decide.
    I don't see anything when I hover the mouse, I have 3 different trackers there but they seem to be working. But if mratio is dangerous I think I will switch to rm+ rather than run two programs for mratio, rm+ works fine on its own right?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I don't see anything when I hover the mouse
    "If you hover your mouse cursor over the smiley icon or check the torrent logs..."

if mratio is dangerous
    "There are no known serious flaws in mRatio beyond what's addressed by that addon."

rm+ works fine on its own right?
    Unfortunately it has a bug preventing responses from being decoded correctly for most trackers that use Cloudflare, which is... many of them. Feel free to give it a try, but if you see errors complaining that the tracker response is empty, you'll have to wait for the next version.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

donkeykong (08.05.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    "If you hover your mouse cursor over the smiley icon or check the torrent logs..."

"There are no known serious flaws in mRatio beyond what's addressed by that addon."

Unfortunately it has a bug preventing responses from being decoded correctly for most trackers that use Cloudflare, which is... many of them. Feel free to give it a try, but if you see errors complaining that the tracker response is empty, you'll have to wait for the next version.
    Hmm I'd rather use a ratio tool for cheating over a modded client for simplicity but it seems they all haven't been updated in a while. I'll use mratio fixer for now because I have no experience with the biglybt mod but it seems clients are a better choice nowadays?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    it seems they all haven't been updated in a while
    Fortunately there aren't any critical bugs beyond what we've already discussed (although RM+ does have a fairly long roadmap).

I have no experience with the biglybt mod
    That can be solved by reading the documentation.

it seems clients are a better choice nowadays?
    There aren't right or wrong answers here, the decision depends on preference and context. Or as I said recently...

...the fact mRatio, RatioMaster Plus, Serenity and others also have a dedicated user base [vs. Extreme Mod] prove there's a fairly situational and personal element to this decision. For example, BBTEM has relatively high hardware requirements and wouldn't be my first choice for fake-seeding a few thousand torrents to get bonus points (not the mod's fault, the base client is written in Java after all).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    I installed biglybt to try it out in a VM to avoid bloat on my main computer and it seems like it installed some network device on my main computer regardless, mission failed lol. Anyway I didn't like the interface and wouldn't switch to it as main client and java is even more bloat so I'm not going to do that. I just wish there was a ratio tool that was up to date and worked out of the box that I could use without worrying.

(although RM+ does have a fairly long roadmap)..
    What do you mean by that?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I installed biglybt to try it out in a VM to avoid bloat on my main computer and it seems like it installed some network device on my main computer regardless
    Your virtualization program did that, BiglyBT does not install any network interfaces (let alone on the host of a virtualized system).

Anyway I didn't like the interface and wouldn't switch to it as main client
    The interface is configurable, and I don't expect anyone to use the default settings, with the sidebar and built-in browser and featured content

java is even more bloat so I'm not going to do that.
    Unfortunately the reliance on Java and subsequent resource usage is indeed a make-or-break point for many people. As someone who last upgraded his computer on 2015 I like it as much as you do, but it's a fair price to pay in exchange for having the best and most feature-filled mod in existence.

I just wish there was a ratio tool that was up to date and worked out of the box that I could use without worrying.
    A lot of people like JOAL. It's way less complex than mRatio or RatioMaster Plus by design, however. Whether that's an asset or liability depends on what you want to do.

What do you mean by that?
    There are other, lower-priority bugs to address and an ambitious list of planned features, including the ability to connect to peers and get a real-time picture of swarm conditions.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

donkeykong (14.05.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    Your virtualization program did that, BiglyBT does not install any network interfaces (let alone on the host of a virtualized system).

The interface is configurable, and I don't expect anyone to use the default settings, with the sidebar and built-in browser and featured content

Unfortunately the reliance on Java and subsequent resource usage is indeed a make-or-break point for many people. As someone who last upgraded his computer on 2015 I like it as much as you do, but it's a fair price to pay in exchange for having the best and most feature-filled mod in existence.

A lot of people like JOAL. It's way less complex than mRatio or RatioMaster Plus by design, however. Whether that's an asset or liability depends on what you want to do.

There are other, lower-priority bugs to address and an ambitious list of planned features, including the ability to connect to peers and get a real-time picture of swarm conditions.
    I didn't realize it was the VM program that did that but now that I think about it it makes sense. I'm sure the interface can be customized but I'd like to keep the idle power consumption of the PC as low as possible so I want a lightweight client, a java program running all the time probably wouldn't be good for that, especially with many torrents. The other alternative I see is uSerenity but it's based on utorrent 2.2.1 and I don't want to use such old software, plus it also doesn't work out of the box due to technical issues with piece and torrent sizes, GGN mentioned that yesterday when they announced they will be blacklisting utorrent in 6 months.

As for Joal I have no opinion, never tried it, does it work with no issues on any sites? Can it be run along with a real client on the same websites at the same time like mratio? Complexity is not a big problem to me, I just want a clean interface and the obvious options for speed that changes every x minutes, client spoofing/memory reader, choosing your own port, adding torrents as seeder, etc. I know mratio has things like automated waffles method and flashing but I don't use that anyway.

I chekced a few last pages of the rm+ thread and saw the developer is active and working on 2.2 so that's good news at least, previously I had just seen the last update is from 2017 and I thought it was also abandoned
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    The other alternative I see is uSerenity but it's based on utorrent 2.2.1 and I don't want to use such old software, plus it also doesn't work out of the box due to technical issues with piece and torrent sizes, GGN mentioned that yesterday when they announced they will be blacklisting utorrent in 6 months.
    The 1 TB torrent and 16 MB piece limits have been a vexing issue for a while now, due to the inflation in file sizes since 2010 (we didn't have 4 GB TV episodes and 16 TB hard disks back then). Some people have been busted for emulating uTorrent 2.2.1 and then cheating on torrents they shouldn't be able to add in the first place.

Anyway, I skimmed through GGn's announcement via /r/trackers. Besides the parts about uTorrent being proprietary software and having made dubious software bundling choices in the past, all of the criticism applies exclusively to version 2.2.1, but it seems they didn't want to take any half-measures. Even if banning this highly popular client seems like shooting themselves on the foot, I can respect that and the generous time limit given, and ultimately their site = their rules.

As for Joal I have no opinion, never tried it, does it work with no issues on any sites? Can it be run along with a real client on the same websites at the same time like mratio? Complexity is not a big problem to me, I just want a clean interface and the obvious options for speed that changes every x minutes, client spoofing/memory reader, choosing your own port, adding torrents as seeder, etc. I know mratio has things like automated waffles method and flashing but I don't use that anyway.
    The fact JOAL is also Java-based may make these questions moot

I chekced a few last pages of the rm+ thread and saw the developer is active and working on 2.2 so that's good news at least, previously I had just seen the last update is from 2017 and I thought it was also abandoned
    Progress is slow - partly my fault - but it's on the works.

The best choice I see for you right now is mRatio. If you install Fixer in service mode after doing the initial setup, you won't even notice it's there.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

donkeykong (15.05.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss89
    The best choice I see for you right now is mRatio. If you install Fixer in service mode after doing the initial setup, you won't even notice it's there.
    Yep this is my conclusion as well. Doing that for now and waiting for the next RM+ version.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Torrent showing no announce and the finish button is greyed out. Can someone please help me?

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Please upload a copy of the offending .torrent file to https://tmp.ninja/ or another file host and I'll have a look. (If you're the same person who just reported a similar problem with RM+ and the torrent is the same, then let me know)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Is there a way to run mRatio at startup minimized?

What I actually wanted was a way to make it startup with windows and also start all torrents automatically.
    If not possible, I want it to at least run at startup minimized. I tried puttin a shortcut at Windows startup folder, and it does start, however if in the shortcut properties I set it to run in a minimized window, whenever it starts from that shortcut, it gives an error saying mRatio had to close.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Decujus View Post
    and also start all torrents automatically
    This can be done by passing parameter -startall to the executable.

if in the shortcut properties I set it to run in a minimized window, whenever it starts from that shortcut, it gives an error saying mRatio had to close
    This is very strange. Unfortunately I can't test this right now, but can you try setting the shortcut to run mRatio as administrator?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    This is very strange. Unfortunately I can't test this right now, but can you try setting the shortcut to run mRatio as administrator?
    The thing is, for me to run mRatio as administrator at startup, I have to use windows task scheduler instead of just a shortcut at startup folder. I can add arguments on task scheduler, so I can use -startall. However I can't make it start minimized unless there's also an argument for that. The only other way I can think of is making a batch script with 'start /min' but it'd be best if there's argument :)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast