Thread: Wanting to get back into the private tracker world,need info

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    there are a few private trackers that are large enough to generate their own unique content that simply isn't available elsewhere.
    Exactly- Thats the true strength of private trackers! Good luck finding on TPB stuff which ThePlace members organize to 'group buy', that stuff is exclusive to them (for some you even need to be Power User to be able to snatch) and that very very rarely leaks to TPB. Similar for quality releases of rare movies on KG. I'm sure there are more examples, but this is just from top of my head.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss376
    Most KG releases get dumped on public trackers sometimes with better speeds.
    IPT can't compete with millions of torrents in the public sector .
    You guys don't know your basic math when you talk about this crap .
    What Trackers Offer - FileSharing Talk
    Last edited by koel; 30.01.14 at 15:25.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Nah its you who don't understand difference between quality (what private trackers offer) and quantity (what's public).

What IPT has to compete with? Public swarms with ton of shitty seeders and leechers? Private torrent with 5 seeders has often better speeds then public with 50. Much of good scene releases never hit public trackers. Pubs often have some strange obscure release names which are basically repackage from scene (and thus inferior quality in case of movies, music) as uploaders try to make name for themselves on TPB and alike.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Truth be told, when I want to dl something I don't give a shit where it comes from, as long as I'm able to get it. But private trackers are the first choice, quality over quantity of peers, no doubt.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss376
    Do you even get that most of those private torrents are dumped in the public sites ? There is no difference in quality since the files are the same. & I also found good public torrents with 7 seeders & shitty private tracker torrents with 2-4 seeders , so lets not go there .
    "uploaders try to make name for themselves on TPB " OMG you really clueless aren't , they don't do it for the rep anymore , the uploaders on public torrent sites do it because they don't care about stats & shit like that , they're like fuck all.
    Numbers do matter since dupes aren't in the tens of versions ,mostly ,& new torrents 70.000/month of course it matters .
    Granted you will find exceptions where a movie/album is not on public trackers but 99.9% of the times you won't find it on IPT & most of the private trackers (except a few specialized trackers like what.cd)
    Conclusion: Most private trackers are a waste of time except a few that are too hard to get into & their staff are a bunch of paranoid fuckheads .
    Last edited by koel; 30.01.14 at 22:19.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123