+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had enough of vuze. Can anyone suiggest a good utorrent based alternative?

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by coolio9 View Post
    I've managed to find the queue option to stop the torrent when finiahed that will do me. Only problem im having now is with the damned icon. Ive tried changing the icon to the vize one as thats what im used to. Did this with reshacker. However when i associate it the icon for the torrent is a white background with the icon really small in the middle its looks real shabby lol. Is there anyway to make the whole icon what it should be like when its asdsociated to utorrent or vuze?
    Make two copies of the same icon called main.ico and tray.ico. Put them in the same directory as Serenity's executable (if you're using it as a portable) or %appdata%\utorrent if it's installed.

As for a guide:
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=22032
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

coolio9 (06.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Thought id just make a new post here instead of opening a new topic.

I'm having an odd problem with userenity. Basically whenever it is downloading the internet on this computer is unusable. Thins such as coip ceases to function which leads me to believe userenity is somehow hammering all of the bandwidth in some way. Is this a common problem as this doesn't happen with vuze or utorrent. Only things stopping me making it my primary download torrent as i quite like it but this problem is to apparent to ignore. Can anyone shed some light on the issue or is it just one of those issues that only I'm experiencing? It seems the bandwidth allocation in userenity is screwed.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    If any BitTorrent client stops the Internet when running, your settings are bad. I'd say post a screenshot, but as of uTorrent 2.x.x you can use the built-in speed guide to automatically find the best parameters for your connection. It gives good results.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

coolio9 (13.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If any BitTorrent client stops the Internet when running, your settings are bad. I'd say post a screenshot, but as of uTorrent 2.x.x you can use the built-in speed guide to automatically find the best parameters for your connection. It gives good results.
    Thanks, that's definitely helped for sure. But allocation still seems to be messed up when using serenity to download. Its hard to explain but it just doesn't feel right i.e. whilst browsing the internet. Only example i can think of is when using Skype whilst downloading the voice cuts in and out. But it doesn't do this with Vuze. Somethings definitely up with it.

Another example is earlier today I was downloading flat out at 850. Then i initiated a http download now that download capped out at 15k yet my download speed on serenity had decreased by over 100k.
    Last edited by coolio9; 13.10.12 at 22:31.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Does this happen if you turn off automatic bandwidth management? It's in the settings.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

coolio9 (15.10.12)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Does this happen if you turn off automatic bandwidth management? It's in the settings.
    I couldn't find that option but I've just seen the option for capping the overhead bandwidth and that seems to have done the trick so cheers again. I should learn to look really.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12