+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Help Me Find Thread

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Firstly, the program's name is RAR for Linux, so if you have been looking for "Linux WinRAR" or similar, it makes sense not to have found anything Scene group SLOW released a few versions of it years ago, but all the mirrors I found were broken. TL or eMule are your best bets.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

What do you think: Winrar in wine, rar for linux (which I cannot find anywhere), or some other archiver/dearchiver compatible with rar? I think that if RAR cannot be found means poeple are using something else, because it was popular it would've been posted everywhere.

LE: I don't get it anon. Some linux applications are released on a daily basis, but RAR is released once every 4 years? Are you kidding me?!
    Let's put it in a different way, what is the best unpacker for scene releases, which is also free and cross-platform?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 17.02.18 at 13:04.
    Thanks

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    what is the best unpacker for scene releases, which is also free and cross-platform?
    Check these out:-
    Code:
    https://alternativeto.net/software/winrar/?platform=linux
    https://alternativeto.net/software/extractnow/?platform=linux
    https://alternativeto.net/software/xarchiver/?platform=linux
    Or you can use Torrent Clients such as:
    1) Deluge with Deluge extractor plugin
    2) Transmission with this script. here:- https://techblog.jeppson.org/2016/11...-transmission/
    3) uTorrent (Old Versions)

Or (Auto Extract) Softwares such as:-
    Dtrx (Linux)
    Unpack Monitor (Wine/Windows)
    UnRarIt.Net (Wine/Windows) <-- Consumes a lot of system resources.
    makeself - Make self-extractable archives on Unix | Makeself (Linux) etc.

You can use any supported tool, while assigning it (via a bash script) to extract after completion of a torrent. Though I've not seen any torrent clients besides Vuze have an ability to run a script after downloading.

On a second thought, I'm assuming you want this because you want to auto download your torrents and then auto unpack it right? If so why don't you set up rTorrent on your desktop and use auto sync tool to copy and erase the file from the default directory (if applicable). rTorrent supposedly has an auto extracting plugin which can get this done. Here:- https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/wiki/PluginUnpack

On the ending note, the more you deploy automated bots/scripts/programs to work for you, the more resources it will burn through. Choose wisely.
    ~cloud99
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    LE: I don't get it anon. Some linux applications are released on a daily basis, but RAR is released once every 4 years? Are you kidding me?!
    Let's put it in a different way, what is the best unpacker for scene releases, which is also free and cross-platform?
    Most Linux programs are free and open source, just like the system they run on. And there isn't a lot of interest on cracking commercial software, as 1. most desktop users don't run Linux; 2. the free alternatives are usually good enough (at least).

PeaZip is good, and running WinRAR on Wine will probably work fine.
    Thanks

If some of you are up to the challenge, I'd like to propose a picture hunt: In 1996 Charles O'Rear made the Windows XP wallpaper picture, popularly known as Bliss. Now, Microsoft has bought all rights to this picture, and before they added it to XP some parts of it were cropped. The real picture is as shown in the painting of this picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charles-orear-photographer-beside-framed-print-of-famous-windows-xp-photograph-bliss-desktop-wal.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	18606

Could you help me find it?
    There are many pictures of Bliss that claim to be original but I highly doubt they are so. Any ideas where to look, how.. ?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 26.02.18 at 12:36.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    I strongly doubt you can get your hands on the original, that would require finding someone who purchased it pre-2001 and still has it. Your best hope are Photoshop attempts at recreating it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I strongly doubt you can get your hands on the original, that would require finding someone who purchased it pre-2001 and still has it. Your best hope are Photoshop attempts at recreating it.
    That's very sad, anon.

LE: I installed XP again in a VM and got the OS picture. It's only 800x600, does this seem right to you? It seems small.
    Also, what is your opinion about this? https://knux-kiba-fan254.deviantart....liss-132127317
    Does it look anything like the original? Can it be sourced from the original 800x600 picture?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 26.02.18 at 20:40.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    LE: I installed XP again in a VM and got the OS picture. It's only 800x600, does this seem right to you? It seems small.
    800x600 was the most common desktop resolution on 2001. As I recall, your monitors are 1080p, so of course it's going to look small.

That DeviantArt is a very good upscale, but even the best one can't add information that isn't there.
    Thanks

Hello. Can someone help me find Synergy https://symless.com/synergy ?
    Thank you!
    Thanks

Been looking for the UKF drum & bass albums from 2011 and all the yearlies before that. They're on deezer and stuff, but that won't help me out in the car :(

I found SMLoader :)
    Last edited by Sazzy; 31.03.18 at 15:15.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Hello. Can someone help me find Synergy https://symless.com/synergy ?
    Thank you!
    Judging by your post in the "best software" thread, I'm guessing you've found and tried it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    They're on deezer and stuff, but that won't help me out in the car :(
    Now you know why I'm not keen on these streaming services Well, they're good for finding new music, but not to listen to songs you already know. You need to be always online, and I don't like the idea of "renting" the music on their terms.

On the other side, artists don't get compensated when I download from Waffles or Apollo #it'scomplicated
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Now you know why I'm not keen on these streaming services Well, they're good for finding new music, but not to listen to songs you already know. You need to be always online, and I don't like the idea of "renting" the music on their terms.

On the other side, artists don't get compensated when I download from Waffles or Apollo #it'scomplicated
    Well, i used to use it in the car back when work paid the first 2GB of data transfer on my phone each month. Now that they're only paying for 250.... well :)
    On the other hand, I could have just gotten a spotify or deezer subscription. They let you store the music for offline use as well
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Can someone help me find the movie Revolution OS (2001) ?

LE: Nevermind - I found it. I do recommend you watch it though.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 07.05.18 at 20:54.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Can anyone see if you can find The Sidemen Show anywhere? It's on youtube but every episode cost $3.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Where do you guys look for software knowing it's not infected by malware and viruses? I need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and since tehparadox forum went down I have no reliable source for this kinda stuff!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast