+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you manage your tracker accounts?

P2P Client
    rutorrent 0.9.2/0.13.2
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    I only have access to 4 private trackers and i have bookmarked them and remember there passwords.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I used to be something back in the day... I lost everything. Wish I could return 2012, I was so hopeful of the future.

The good thing is that database idea I had 10 years ago is still relevant today. Not just for trackers - for any type of accounts. KeePass is good but only for passwords. It lacks proper fields for phone, email, alias/username, recovery code, procedures, etc. You can add them as custom fields but it's so tedious to mange them. And there is a performance problem with KeePass.. when going over a certain number of entries, it starts to be sluggish on saves/loads. This is also true for references, stay away from them - performance wise it is much better to just duplicate an entry rather than add a reference to it.

Anyway, I'm working on the new database for all accounts and not just trackers. And a CRUD to go with it.

//LE: I still remember the name I used for the tracker management: Directorate of Demand, short form: DD. It used have a fleet of 30 gmail addresses, with another 10 as throwaway. One main account to dump all mail to. Had random name generators, random password generators, the database used to give a random mail based on previous account usage fully balanced so that each mail account would have an equal number of accounts attached to it. Everything written by me. Even had randomikers for options such as, avatar, signature - set or not, and details to set.
    On some trackers I was named a piller of their community. I used to chat with staff people while I was cheating. And it was just myself and one other man, a friend whom a lost all contact a few years back. We were pumping next to 1TB a day to multiple trackers.
    It was clockwork. A well oiled machine...
    Last edited by Master Razor; 29.05.22 at 00:51.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Well, apparently the setup I'd already been using for 4 years on 2012 still holds up today. For non-tracker accounts, however, I keep a simple text file. It's easier and faster since there aren't any notes to store and updates are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    On some trackers I was named a piller of their community. I used to chat with staff people while I was cheating. And it was just myself and one other man, a friend whom a lost all contact a few years back. We were pumping next to 1TB a day to multiple trackers.
    Your friend was suicided by PTP staff with 7 gunshots to the back of the head. You're next.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    I use a KeePass database.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    It's funny how much thoughts some of you put into this.

I just use browser bookmarks (grouped by folders) for my current trackers and a password-manager (Bitwarden) to store the credentials. That's basically it.

I also don't track banned trackers, because there are just some and the majority doesn't even exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Had random name generators, random password generators
    It's hard to get a password generator right. I hope you have the cryptographic knowledge to do this right.
    Thanks

I found that access database I created in 2012. Seems to be everything from passwords, access codes, mail, organization, even the sigil used for the name is still there. I'll post some screenshots.
    I actually found in a backup but a very strage one. It would appear I made the sd card holding the backups unreadable unless used in a certain way. I was not able to read that thing for years, thought it was broken. Good thing I did not threw it out.

The funny thing is much of this has been recreated even though I had no intention if retaking my old habits. And believe it or not, it's much better and more fruitful than it ever was before. I still love the name, and I think I'll use it for the re-creation of the group.
    Thanks

I use Bookmarks and BitWarden for passwords, with KeePass & Websites in a csv file as a backup.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (06.11.23)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Bookmarks in the internet browser and Bitwarden for storing usernames and passwords.
    Thanks

I finally figured out why it fell. Having massive amounts of data, with no way of managing, plus tying yourself to proprietary programs that are dependent on specific operating systems is the recipe failure. In programming there is what is called spaghetti code. So you add code on top of another code, and that is above another piece and so on. Over time - if not properly managed - this huge blob becomes so hard to read that you have two options: either redo the whole thing from scratch, or hire more people. So it's a time or money sort-of-thing.

And instead of figuring out what to do, everything got scrapped. Hundreds of tracker accounts, and dozens of email accounts, and a few other helper accounts went into the trash. It would've been trash anyway since trackers die of mismanagement but at least those emails would've survived.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123