+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How serious are anti piracy laws in your country?

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171

How serious are anti piracy laws in your country?

In my country, most of the authorities dont give a damn about piracy. Pirated stuff is readily available on streets. The only reason there are anti piracy raids is that the police or the so called 'law keepers' can make a quick buck in the form of a bribe for releasing those selling pirated movies. However, laws are catching up and in the future, we may see some strength against piracy.
    So, make hay while the sun shines!

Just to quote an incident. In the institute, where I was working last year, they have a strong IT dept. I had downloaded a few full softwares from Rapidshare, and they saw it. I was called to their office and was told, illegal downloads will not be tolerated. However, while I was waiting at the table the person, as he had gone for luch, I quickly clicked the My documents on his desktop, and the bugger himself had downloaded loads of full software! And here he was, advising me, not to pirate software! People don't practice what they preach
    Last edited by classyboy; 05.04.12 at 09:59.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by classyboy View Post
    In my country, most of the authorities dont give a damn about piracy. Pirated stuff is readily available on streets. The only reason there are anti piracy raids is that the police or the so called 'law keepers' can make a quick buck in the form of a bribe for releasing those selling pirated movies.
    Well, it seems I also live in Desktop, then.

Just to quote an incident. In the institute, where I was working last year, they have a strong IT dept. I had downloaded a few full softwares from Rapidshare, and they saw it. I was called to their office and was told, illegal downloads will not be tolerated. However, while I was waiting at the table the person, as he had gone for luch, I quickly clicked the My documents on his desktop, and the bugger himself had downloaded loads of full software! And here he was, advising me, not to pirate software! People don't practice what they preach
    When I was in high school it was the same, minus the hypocrisy. No one was afraid to admit those computers ran pirated software. My illegal copy of Windows XP was what we used to reinstall many of them, and I was usually the go-to guy for downloads.

(A couple of very old PCs that usually just collected dust were made usable again by installing MicroXP again. I'd say that's awesome.)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I have no idea about anti piracy laws because afaik, there are no such laws in the country I'm living in.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss109
    OK guys but in what country do you live?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    some sexymode
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss234
    anti piracy laws is sux this mtf opps
    bloking all the website via http or isp is bloking this
    the closing this site. not good time for my country
    well time well tell haven or haell
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    My illegal copy of Windows XP was what we used to reinstall many of them, and I was usually the go-to guy for downloads.
    Same here! I remember installing WIndows 98 and then Windows Me on many PC's. In fact, even presently, I think, not many people here have authentic copies of Microsoft Windows. I guess, it has something to do with the per capita income. When an authentic copy of windows costs about 1/3rd of what the per capita income for a month is, I dont expect most people to go out and purchase windows, especially, when they have spent on the PC, and are looking to reduce their purchase cost.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    I'm from switzerland and my country is probably one of the most "pirate" country. I have been downloading like 30gb each day since 2011 and still no problem. Most of the pro-copyright groups have been banned from switzerland ^^. Ip adress is private information mister lol
    Last edited by isabella; 07.04.12 at 17:26. Reason: link removed. I don't want to make people think i'm advertising lol
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM, RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss253
    Well in my country we are theatened with the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA). Months ago, a fragment of this agreement was leaked, and showed that USA wants to include in our laws a copyright section, and legalize activities like supervising the traffic of our internet connections, this clearly attemps against our privacy. A week ago, our neighbour, Clombia , has approved a law related to copyright.
    The worst part of everything is that in my country only a little number of ppl knows about this situation and only few ppl cares about the consequences of TPPA.
    Our neighbour Chile, has an ONG for digital freedooms and it has an active campaign against TPPA, hope that situation can help to avoid TPPA be effective in my country.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rutorrent 0.9.2/0.13.2
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    In Pakistan there are no antipiracy laws.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    In France this is very serious. The name of the law is HADOPI. One of my friend has recently been caught...
    But i do not stop until they catch me.
    This is the game.
    Thanks

In Egypt, I don't know how serious this laws are because i think there is no laws xD .. no really i think there is some laws but it isn't applied at all.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread