P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53

Waterfox the best solution 64bit firefox users

http://waterfoxproject.org/style/Waterfox_256.png

this is one of my very first posts and i tough i could bring this very fast browser for firefox lovers or maybe the others that had bad experience with firefox running X64 Windows

waterfox is a more developed version of the latest beta release of firefox that doesn't check for addons compatibility and considered more faster than firefox

How does it compare to 32-Bit Firefox?
    In benchmarks, the 64-Bit variant of Firefox out-performs the 32-Bit variant. Also because this variant is being built specifically for Windows, there might be further performance increases.

addons like fasterfox or idm extension or even old extensions work on the fly :)
    you can install it over the same firefox/nightly folder..

download link:
    http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/pro....installer.exe
    or
    Waterfox | Downloads | The fastest 64-Bit variant of Firefox!
    Last edited by n4overclock; 20.03.12 at 01:24.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ParamouR (21.03.12) , SBfreak (20.03.12) , SealLion (20.03.12)

What are the advantages over the usual 64bit firefox nightly build ?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    What are the advantages over the usual 64bit firefox nightly build ?
    3 obvious benefits are it doesn't check for addons compatibility before installation unlike nightly builds the second thing is that nightly builds need to be updated more frequently you either put em on auto update wich is annoying or you update them your self when you get the chance.. with waterfox they only update based on a nightly build that thy feel it should be necessary the last benefit is speed.. check this article Waterfox 11 provides an optimized Firefox build for 64-bit Windows users from Softwarecrew | Software Reviews, News, Tips & Tricks
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (20.03.12)

it doesn't check for addons compatibility before installation unlike nightly builds
    You can disable updates or download hourly build which has disabled updates by default.
    second thing is that nightly builds need to be updated more frequently you either put em on auto update wich is annoying or you update them your self when you get the chance.. with waterfox they only update based on a nightly build that thy feel it should be necessary the last benefit is speed.
    Firefox only checks addons if there is another mozilla profile already present in the user folder.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    You can disable updates or download hourly build which has disabled updates by default.
    you mean nightly builds.. they have auto update by default wich is annoying because they update every day .. point is waterfox gets updated less frequently compared to nighties but at a faster rate than firefox stable builds wich makes it in a perfect spot.. you can disable auto update for nighties and ignore them for 3 weeks and then download the exe or zip update file manually but that doesn't guarantee you get a twice compiled and tested build as waterfox

Firefox only checks addons if there is another mozilla profile already present in the user folder.
    that's not what im talking about.. try to install an xpi addon from 2007 on one of the recent firefox or nighly builds and see for your self
    Last edited by n4overclock; 21.03.12 at 01:43.
    Thanks

you mean nightly builds..
    hourly builds
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...central-win64/
    that's not what im talking about.. try to install an xpi addon from 2007 on one of the recent firefox or nighly builds and see for your self
    You can do it the hard way using about:config or the easy way using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-tester-tools/
    Last edited by SBfreak; 21.03.12 at 08:52.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    mozilla do put more than 1 release for testing a day.. what they do is call them nightly builds just like what they did with minefield.. try hourly builds on about:config there is no results. its called nightly not hourly

as for addons i used to do it with notepad and 7z but why bother when you can have a better waterfox.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

btw this is what i get using nightly 14a1 with the "nightly test addon" installed when i try the idm extension at
    Internet Download Manager Integration guide for Firefox

http://i40.tinypic.com/315jqpx.jpg
    Thanks

mozilla do put more than 1 release for testing a day.. what they do is call them nightly builds just like what they did with minefield.. try hourly builds on about:config there is no results. its called nightly not hourly
    wut ? The nightly build is generated once a day and the tinker/hourly/whatever are generated multiple times a day. How are those the same ?
    try hourly builds on about:config there is no results. its called nightly not hourly
    I don't really understand what this means.Can you please expand ?
    btw this is what i get using nightly 14a1 with the "nightly test addon" installed when i try the idm extension at
    Internet Download Manager Integration guide for Firefox
    http://i40.tinypic.com/315jqpx.jpg
    There's an option in the menu under nightly tester tools that starts with "Force". You can guess the rest.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 21.03.12 at 17:17.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    wut ? The nightly build is generated once a day and the tinker/hourly/whatever are generated multiple times a day. How are those the same ?
    I don't really understand what this means.Can you please expand ?
    because not only mozilla but almost alot of software developers of this sort call them nighties just stop calling them hourly builds they don't make 24 builds a day nightly is a constantly under testing firefox but with the name nightly as minefield was before it
    even if you download 3 or 4 different releases a day it still goes by the name nightly

There's an option in the menu under nightly tester tools that starts with "Force". You can guess the rest.
    i still find it not optimal having addon just for it.. it still tells you that the addon is incompatible but it ignores the flag and enable it..
    Last edited by n4overclock; 21.03.12 at 19:02.
    Thanks

because not only mozilla but almost alot of software developers of this sort call them nighties just stop calling them hourly builds they don't make 24 builds a day nightly is a constantly under testing firefox but with the name nightly as minefield was before it
    even if you download 3 or 4 different releases a day it still goes by the name nightly
    6 hourly builds today
    only one nightly update
    =>
    They have the same name but that doesn't imply they are the same thing.
    i still find it not optimal having addon just for it.. it still tells you that the addon is incompatible but it ignores the flag and enable it..
    I guess you're right but I'd rather use the latest code from mozilla then waterfox.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    dude you're a 1/10 troll.. go ahead and hack into all the servers of software's that does multiple releases a day in a nightly name or directory fashion and change that so they know whats up and you better use the 1 hour old Mozilla code to do it
    Last edited by n4overclock; 21.03.12 at 21:11.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n4overclock View Post
    dude you're a 1/10 troll.. go ahead and hack into all the servers of software's that does multiple releases a day in a nightly name or directory fashion and change that so they know whats up and you better use the Mozilla code to do it
    ok man..keep it cool.Make browsers not war,I'm more of an internet explorer kind of guy anyway.
    In the end it's just a rebranded firefox.Nothing more nothing less,just like Icecat.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 21.03.12 at 21:14.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

n4overclock (21.03.12)

P2P Client
    ⓉⒾⓍⒶⓉⒾ, ⓊⓈⒺⓇⒺⓃⒾⓉⓎ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss53
    ok man..keep it cool.Make browsers not war,I'm more of an internet explorer kind of guy anyway.
    im cool and as you might know spamming posts could benefit me more but i just hate to do it.. nightly/releases that comes multiple times a day are not intended for people who wanna surf the web but more for the people who wanna experiment and or help developing, trust me you don't wanna check an ftp directory 3 times a day to download an exe file that is almost the same and doing auto update will download 1 release a day but its annoying as well.. asking for restarts and confirms and all let alone the bandwidth to get them
    Last edited by n4overclock; 21.03.12 at 21:25.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I'm with Firefox Nightly lastest-trunk x64.
    But of course 10+ addons and this consumes 200MB Memory on just for this page.
    With "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...lity-reporter/
    Last edited by MGustav; 01.04.12 at 04:42.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread