Poll: Do you want mods for qBittorrent, Deluge or Halite ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PLEASE make mods for qBittorrent, Deluge and Halite

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1

Cool PLEASE make mods for qBittorrent, Deluge and Halite

Greetings to you all brothers,

I make this post to respectfully suggest for SB-Innovation to consider making new mods for modern bittorrent clients such as qBittorrent (my favorite), Deluge or Halite.

As they say move with the times my brothers, know what I'm saying, because the new times is here and Utorrent (operated by people who get paychecks from government) and Vuze (old and bloated) are in the past.

Update, brothers, update, let the past in the past and move on to the present. More and more people upgrade to better, faster and safer clients, soon no one will care about the government's Utorrent or the bloated Vuze anymore.

A BIG THANKS and A BIG KUDDOS to all my brothers at SB-Innovation and the bittorrent community, we know that we can rely on your expertise and skills to let us into the future now!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39495
    Quote Originally Posted by DickJones View Post
    Vuze (old and bloated)
    ...yet under ongoing development, and having the best and most feature-filled mod existing for now.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I'm all for it but the decision is not ours to make.

I never heard of qbittorrent before and I just installed.
    Seems ok but consumes more hdd space and memory.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

slot789kt (18.10.22)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    They obviously made this thing based on uT b/c for a very short while I was using it too and at the time of initial use I was kind of surprised in it's similarity to uT.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39495
    qBitTorrent's interface is similar to uTorrent's so that people have an easier time migrating... but it's original code.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    It's original code separate from uT you mean?? Interesting. I am just reading on another website currently that it only requires Python for when a user searches on open sites. And apparently, it does use libtorrent for the communication function during it's torrenting process. Something else I just came across is that in other versions it was able to spoof uT when needed to do so. Interesting, I think. I wasn't aware of that.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

This has already been suggested before...
    I'd rather have the team focus on pushing out updates and features for vuze and make it perfect.
    The rest can come later
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DickJones View Post
    Vuze (old and bloated)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    ...yet under ongoing development, and having the best and most feature-filled mod existing for now.
    ...which has taken years to get that far.
    Last edited by ghostfucker; 15.03.12 at 14:11.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.03.12)

It's only me that find the poll options funny?
    It's like Yes or you like slow and old programs

qBittorrent
    From qBittorrent site: "qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar".
    From libtorrent-rasterbar site: "Written by Arvid Norberg. Copyright © 2003-2009"
    From uTorrent wikipedia: "Development after the purchase by BitTorrent is performed by developers Adam Kennedy ("AdamK"), Arvid Norberg ("arvid", author of libtorrent), Greg Hazel ("alus"), Jan Brittenson ("CodeRed"), Richard Choi ("rchoi"), and Ryan Norton ("RyanNorton") among others at BitTorrent Inc."

The core it's made by the same government spies, you may want to avoid this one.

Deluge
    From deluge website: "Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It uses libtorrent in it's backend and features multiple user-interfaces including: GTK+, web and console."

It uses the same core, so the same spies, avoid this one too.

Halite
    From halite website: "Halite (named after the mineral) is a C++ BitTorrent client based on the excellent libtorrent library from Rasterbar Software."
    Same as the others two.

Now on a serious note, i'm leaving qBittorrent out because i'm not familiarized.

Deluge forget about it contains python no way it can compete with uTorrent on memory consumption and performance.

Halite promised allot in 2009 not now, last update on August 2010 ...
    I've actually moded a few versions of Halite back on 2009 because i seriously thought it could shine, but after a few time and the code changes i've seen i just gave up.

A shame that Transmission is not windows :(, that's a good client to use and mod.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

(13.10.22) , saebrtooth (16.03.12) , Master Razor (15.03.12) , SBfreak (15.03.12)

It's only me that find the poll options funny?
    No. I actually smiled when I read them.
    A shame that Transmission is not windows :(, that's a good client to use and mod.
    Transmission is awesome.I've been using it since I first migrated and I love it.
    Do you know about this project ??
    Transmission-Qt Win | Free Communications software downloads at SourceForge.net
    Thanks

34 Mb just after opening? ... against my uTorrent 20Mb (+3 Mb if you count my tool) with 6 torrents running
    porting applications over OS is a bad idea, you just end up patching bugs over and over and over again
    and the thing about patching bugs instead of fixing them is that they come back sooner or later

For windows there's no competition with uTorrent that's why uTorrent is king, everything that tries to compete just uses libtorrent that's like using an less polished uTorrent code.

My advice is to stick with a 2.x version of uTorrent and use uSerenity or use shu mod if you are willing to use azureus.
    Last edited by The248; 15.03.12 at 23:26.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (16.03.12)

Quote Originally Posted by The248 View Post
    yeah you're right, its the only one client which is worth to be modded.

the day transmission will offically support windows i'll start modding it :)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread